test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Frustrations with Tomm

mathnotevenonce#2925 mathnotevenonce Member Posts: 34 Arc User
I have over 40+ completions. I have weapons for nearly all of my toons. So, I have run it.
I have 189/190 achievements.

But as a barbarian dps finding a consistent group that can even bother going for cape is impossible (I have every debuff artifact, properly kitted, lionheart weapons, etc). I liked this game because it made you feel powerful once upon a time. The achievements were challenging but not impossible. I could do it if I had a little time or a lot.

It's impossible to find a group that will take a barbarian on xbox. My time has dwindled due to a partner dealing with cancer, so I can't stand in port calling out for hours on end. So the one game I looked forward too has lost its fun cuz I can't get into groups (even though I've got comps), much less find a cape group to solidify my 100% once again.

Before anyone suggests it, I've been in end-game guilds (namely RELAX). But then I have to reform new friendships and time, and it's incredibly difficult these days given time constraints.

It's just so severely disappointing how isolating TOMM has made the community and the game. I guess this post won't fix anything, just voicing my displeasure.

Comments

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    I think in the next mod the barbarian will be quite in demand. The balancing will probably overshoot as usual and outside the new trial barbs are quite likely to vaporize anything that gets in their path. So, my advice would be to tune in for the next mod.

However, that is exactly the issue - the balancing attempts are sparse, but bring major changes. So, yeah... If your class is known as somehow sub-par, you are often in it for at least a mod or two.

But as I said, the changes are coming, so everything will shuffle soon and you might find your barb in a better spot.
  • mathnotevenonce#2925 mathnotevenonce Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    rikitaki said:

I think in the next mod the barbarian will be quite in demand. The balancing will probably overshoot as usual and outside the new trial barbs are quite likely to vaporize anything that gets in their path. So, my advice would be to tune in for the next mod.

However, that is exactly the issue - the balancing attempts are sparse, but bring major changes. So, yeah... If your class is known as somehow sub-par, you are often in it for at least a mod or two.

But as I said, the changes are coming, so everything will shuffle soon and you might find your barb in a better spot.

Yeah, the balancing is just always so broken. And the endgame is so meta focused (with a couple of exceptions), that if you're slightly variant they don't want you. I sit in port calling out with what little time I have and just feel like I wasted it. Just such a miserable experience.

1 damn achievement left. 189/190 and I can't even find a group to do it with.