test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Hell pit quest bugged

I've put in a few tickets already. But I haven't been able to do the hell pit event yet due to the quest saying "you have this quest on another character" which is impossible because my main character is the only character I have over 20k item level.
I've yet to hear back with the status of my ticket and my issue.
I know I'm not alone in this. Some people have had it resolved already, while I'm losing event currencies everyday.
I hope this gets fixed soon. I was hoping to wake up and it being fixed but that's not the case.
What's going on?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    aipotu66aipotu66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    Excactly the same prob here....
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,228 Arc User
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    let me speculate.

The "fix" allows certain toons to turn in the quests and automatically get granted unlimited Orange Leg Mounts.

Players will RAGE on the forums about how unfair it is.

Cryptic will "investigate" then decide its ok for players to keep those Orange Mounts.

And players will RAGE about how unfair it is :)
  • Options
    warr182warr182 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    So I finished Hell Event with 2 days and 2 hours left ....... 1 token of Achievement ....Only 1 so ALL THIS BS and no MOUNT ????? Did we ever have a shot at the Mount or was this a SET up ?????
  • Options
    misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    warr182 said:

So I finished Hell Event with 2 days and 2 hours left ....... 1 token of Achievement ....Only 1 so ALL THIS BS and no MOUNT ????? Did we ever have a shot at the Mount or was this a SET up ?????

You only get one token of achievement per hell pit event, so at this point you can have a max of two points, since there's only been two hell pit events so far.

• Options
    warr182warr182 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    So push the idea you can get the mount in 1 year if you do all event's ???
  • Options
    groo#6243 groo Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    warr182 said:

So push the idea you can get the mount in 1 year if you do all event's ???

Neverwinter is a little bit of a mix in this regards. Things like the Siege of Neverwinter event and CTA event require you to participate in at least 2 events to get the main prize (epic mount). However, the CTA event can also drop epic mounts randomly during a single event (I got 3 or 4 Drake mounts during one CTA event on different alts). The latter is RNG though, so some players likely won't have got any Drakes from participating in multiple events.

With regards to Hell Pit, you have to remember that legendary mounts are (were) the best mount in the game and not easy to come by (unless rich). Also, their value was increased further by, up until recently, the only way to get one was from a random drop from a lockbox with an extra ordinarily low chance of success (which reflected in the price of them on the AH). Basically, it was a big pull to get people to buy keys/vip, which in turn provides Cryptic with a revenue stream. Recently, they have had a few packs directly in the zen store, which for seasoned plays seemed an unprecedented step. But even then, they were time limited offers. Obviously, with the introduction of mythic mounts due in mod 19 (and I suspect due to Chris being at the helm), that has explained the increased availability of legendary mounts in the zen store (albeit still controlled).

The somewhat convoluted point I'm trying to make is that getting a free legendary mount from an event was never likely to be made quick or easy and letting you have one from participating in just a single event was simply never going to be on the cards.

You could argue that mythic mounts will devalue legendary mounts, but being they can't up the mount speed (code limitation or something) and so a mythic only gets you a stat increase (still significant for those wanting to be bis), I can't see them being significantly devalued. Also, when you take account of the cost and availability of epic mount hasn't changed the number of times you need to partcipitate in SoN or CTA to get one, I can't see Hell Pit being changed to make it any quicker to get a legendary mount (although, never say never).