test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Changing the way hunter rangers work

corazonxdxcorazonxdx Member Posts: 40 Arc User
for almost a year hrs have had the exact same rotation with no way of trying other rotations without losing at least 8 million damage a minute the current meta has been Boring and spiritually taxing hrs before could play in 3 ways ranged trappers and warden and now it is limited to a warden 100% of the time with the exact same rotation of hindering strike marauder's rush and boar charge it is almost heart breaking i have tried many many times to find any form of new way to play my hr while still keeping him viable but nothing i do makes up for the absurd dps loss it's not that hunter rangers are bad but it's that hunter rangers are boring beyond words i understand that a lot of players may have not been fast enough to make use of trapper builds but the game has killed hrs limiting us to only 1 way of playing our bows are literally for show and everyone knows it so i am sick and tired of being called rogues with a bow i have many many suggestions if it is just to give new ways to play the hr and some tweaks can be made to the encounters and paths but overall even if the devs don't want to listen to this please change the way hrs work even if it means nerfing them it got to a point where some players specifically me don't care what you guys do to the hr anymore because it is so boring any new way to play is welcome but the way the game is right now HRs are literally being killed slowly and there is no way i am spending another mod or 2 with this boring 3 click rotation that is very taxing and provides little return

Comments

• Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Actually, Hunter is pretty engaging and fun to play. Warden is boring. Yes, there is a loss in DPS, but... if you are bored, you have to stop chasing the top scores.
  • Options
    herushanforumherushanforum Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Hunter is a viable path even for end game and be top or towards top depending on group. Build has to be different then for Warden and I do not play Warden as I cannot do the rotation right and have only played ranged HR since beginning the game 3+ yrs now. I am still working on single target dmg build but multi target works really well and competes with Warden builds well. I do wish Hunter got better cool downs and dmg improvements to be better at single target the cast times are horrible. I have finished all content but TOMM as I am still learning mechanics but can make it to end of P3 without too much issue. Hunter needs some help still on single target especially and I hope they can fix the gap.
  • Options
    pazokipazoki Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    a new rota ?

how about to fix the Hunter, but not only the Hunter several classe´s are still till to this day broken.. dno might be a good idea to 1st fix the broken mechanics before ya attempt to balance somethn . makes sense doesn´t it ? cuz how on earth u wanna balance somethn while ur base is broken anyway ..

as about the Hunter, let´s put a side that ya can play the hunter without any cooldown´s since it is broken if u use a certain rota, but also the fact that the buff u get while switchn between melee and long range is broken... well not in the way as back than with the fox but still broken enough.. but yet again not only one class has those issues with broken / not working mechanics .... but that ain´t nothn new since it goes on since yrs so i doubt y´all be able to ever fix it .. since y´all still keep bringing old versions and old buggs with the new content back to the live server...

i wonder if y´all ever heard of version control system ? guess not since y´all doing it for 7 yrs by now
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

For almost a year, rangers have had the exact same rotation, with no way of trying other rotations, without losing at least 8 million damage a minute. The current meta has been boring and spiritually taxing rangers. Before one could play in 3 ways ranged, trappers, and warden. Now it is limited to a warden 100% of the time, with the exact same rotation of hindering strike, marauder's rush, and boar charge. It is almost heart breaking, I have tried many many times to find any form of new way to play my ranger. Nothing I do makes up for the absurd DPS loss, while still keeping him viable. It's not that rangers are bad, it's that rangers are boring beyond words. I understand that a lot of players may have not been fast enough to make use of trapper builds, however the game has killed rangers limiting us to only 1 way of playing. Our bows are literally for show and everyone knows it. I am sick and tired of being called rogues with a bow. I have many many suggestions, if it is just to give new ways to play the ranger, and some tweaks can be made to the encounters and paths. Overall even if the devs don't want to listen to this, please change the way rangers work, even if it means nerfing them. It has got to a point where some players -specifically me- don't care what you guys do to the ranger anymore. It is so boring any new way to play is welcome, but the way the game is right now, rangers are literally being killed slowly, and there is no way I am spending another mod or two with this boring 3 click rotation. It is very taxing and provides little return.--Transcribed by Wendy Black

I should get paid for doing that....

In response to your transcribed comments above. Will Robert Snooks (my ranger) has no clue what you mean and he doesn't want to be nerfed either. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and opinions.

wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Punctuation is your friend.

Comma lover!