test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hellpit Difficulty

What's up with the latest Hellpit event? I remember the previous one was made for beginners and even on the later levels was always pretty achievable by anyone with a decent toon. The latest Hellpit event my 27k toons cannot make it past day 5 when you get the first participation award. It goes from very easy to impossible. Is there any reason it has been made it so difficult that people with 27k IL toons can't complete the first half of it? I enjoy the Siege and other events because they are inclusive and everyone can enjoy them. These seem more like those games I loath like Impossible Road, Getting Over It, or Cuphead - rage games made to be impossible for a specific genre of gamers. I'm not in to those. I like RPGs and I like if I spend a lot of time developing my character like I have for years now I should be able to complete events with a reasonable amount of challenge but it appears everything new coming out for Neverwinter is just insanely difficult and it really takes the fun out of the game. I am on my third Guild now because the other two I was a member of over the past couple of year died off due to this very thing.

If users log on regularly, finish all the content, unlock all the boons, get top level gear, have most of the stat caps in place, and are VIP they should be in a good place to get through challenges. Taking that away really ruins the game.

Comments

• Options
    ashesreborn#2913 ashesreborn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I wasn't playing on previous iteration but I feel like what you said might be caused due to current Hell Pit cap stats are the same as in Avernus (85k most of them).
    I'm almost 100% sure about it and I believe this wasn't the case last year, I haven't got a confirmation about this so far.
    In resume, it's less newbie friendly than it was if my assumptions are correct.
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    If you have ilvl27k toon, your biggest enemy is the scaling. Gut your equip to augment, bondings + anything you deem usefull up to the 20k ilvl (you have to have less than that - that means 19999 is the highest acceptable number) ...and it will be walk in the park for you.

Target stats are really 85k, so keep it in mind when fine-tuning your char into Adam and Eve's style.