test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

black ice enchants are useless (as of today?)

vigor#8801 vigor Member Posts: 196 Arc User
I had a lesser black ice enchant laying around so i decided to equip it during hell pit yesterday. I thought it was helping a lot but now i think it was other mechanics causing the improvements i thought were coming from the BI enchant.

So, i upgraded that one and made another one. Then i went into hell pit again, this time i had those other improvements/buffs/mechanics turned off.(unequipped). I saw one of them proc once but i did not see any temp HP from it.

After i finished hell pit i took a closer look at the "buffs" from the bi enchant. Could it be any more worthless? For starters, the lesser gives 2000 temp hp. LOL. the greater gives 5500. To put that in perspective that is less than 1% and 2% respectively of on my character doing it which has no added hp from mounts, companions, or enchants. (btw the HP runestones you put on companions do not work at all to add hp)

if that happened every 8-10 seconds it would still be a very small buff. So small you might not even see it (i didn't see it). The cooldown is SEVENTY seconds!. To put that in perspective, even if they worked which i saw no evidence they did even while watching for it, hell pit took me 12 minutes, which is 840 seconds meaning each one could possibly have procced 12 times, 13 if the first happened right away and the last happened moments before it ended. Even if it procced 13 times, a greater would amount to 71,500 temp HP over the course of the event. Worthless. I am pretty sure i was getting hit for at least 50x that in pre-mitigated damage per round easily. With 5 rounds that would mean it took 1/250th of my hits (if it worked at all which i am not convinced it actually did).

So why not just remove them from the game, they are so bad they are already pretty much not part of the game.

Comments

• Options
    pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 481 Arc User
    HP runestones don't work on AUGMENT companions in case that is what you are using . That is working as intended .
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,234 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    pelgrax said:

HP runestones don't work on AUGMENT companions in case that is what you are using . That is working as intended .

He was not talking about Black Ice Enchantment. He was talking about something like Greater Purified Black Ice Enchantment for the overload slot. And that has been garbage for the longest time. Greater Corrupt version may be more useful for AP gain.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,234 Arc User
    edited May 2020

i did mention hp runestones not working in parenthesis at the end of paragraph 3. If they don't add hp to the player what use are they and why do they even exist. Does it matter how much HP a normal companion has?

HP usefulness to normal companion depends on the the companion.

That being said i wasn't really trying to make a statement about runestones or talk off topic i was just explaining my testing methods. I was stressing that my hp was from equipment/primary stats only not other sources when describing the relative usefulness of the BI enchant. In other words, i could easily bump my HP up a bunch more making the BI overloads relatively less useful.

IMO, the BI overload enchantment is useful for those who has not reached the stat cap.
    After that, the only useful feature of BI overload enchantment is AP gain.
    I personally never use the purified version even when BI meant something.
    IMO, only the corrupted was useful back then.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    my rogue is using lesser purified black ice overloads and its godlike so you dont mean those.