test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'm getting slaughtered in Round 1 of Hellpit

My Barbarian80 with an Item Level of 18000 can barely survive Round One of the Hellpit. I watched a few youtube videos on how to participate abd everyone makes it look like the Hell Bit is a breeze. This really confuses me since the site states that this event modified for players who are Level 80 and Item Level 18000.

Any tips to help me survive?

Comments

• Options
    zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    Are your primary stats (for dps) capped? You'll want 85k in armor penetration (that one first), then 85k in critical strike, then pile on both power and combat advantage. Also spare a thought for defense, if you have spare stats for it. Honorable mention to accuracy, but it's not a GWF's main priority.
  • Options
    johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Run around , get the enemies to group up , use the power ups , artifacts, dailies and your AOE encounters . Item level doesn’t mean much anymore , especially if your offensive stats ( dps) are not close to capped . 65 k for most gameplay . Armor pen is a must !!!
  • Options
    robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Base on what you two are saying, it's clear my stats stink and I don't think I'll be able to participate in these events if this is the case.
  • Options
    johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    It’s ok to die in there . No risk reward like tales of old . Easiest way to get armour pen , power and critical strike are by having your companion gear have these stats and/or have those stats in the Runestones that are slotted in the Offense Slots of companion gear .
    Running an augment companion helps with personal stats . Good luck and keep trying !!
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Like they all said, run an augment(any will help, but bullete pup is ideal for DPS). Cap yer offensive stats(again comp gear fastest easiest way, though the 990 rings are dirt cheap now, and can help). After that AOEs are some of the best powers to use in there. I run a pally, and the first time I took him in he was only just 20k IL and I was doing pretty good(tank loadout). First round the first time I did it wasn't easy peasey, but it was doable. I died once or 3x maybe. I also used(the first time) the overload wards from the stronghold for the various types of monsters in Hellpit.

2nd and 3rd rounds will definitely give you grief if you are having a hard time now. But, as others have said, it's not like Tales where it's do or die. You can die in Hellpit, respawn and continue. And you only need 14 days of participation to get the mount at the end of the year if that is what you are after.

I personally prefer this Hellpit event over all the other events(especially tales) simply because it is solo. I hate spending hours on end finding a group for Tales, only to have 1 person bail after the first run, or to get to the last boss on run 5 and have 1 person fail right as the boss is killed. So frustrating...

• Options
    agonistes#1431 agonistes Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    zyronax said:

Are your primary stats (for dps) capped? You'll want 85k in armor penetration (that one first), then 85k in critical strike, then pile on both power and combat advantage. Also spare a thought for defense, if you have spare stats for it. Honorable mention to accuracy, but it's not a GWF's main priority.

Even then, he shouldn't be getting slaughtered. I did it on my terribly geared rogue for funsies and it was still easy.

Those are just random Avernus Juma gear drops, anyone should be able to get them if they farm ape/siege for an hour or so.
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2020

Base on what you two are saying, it's clear my stats stink and I don't think I'll be able to participate in these events if this is the case.

If you dont get your stats up to a modest amount by obtaining free stuff/ doing your due diligence . . you wont be able to comfortably participate in ANY mid to late game content regardless if it is an "event" or not .. dungeons and later zones also require 65k-85k armor pen/crit etc those recommended stats distributions are not exclusive to just an event they are needed to play the game ,,

dont be "that guy" and a burden on the party/ healer etc by not optimizing your stats for mid / late/ end game
    thinking they are impossible to obtain; due to not informing oneself ... or no help from a guild maybe join a one that has the armor pen boon etc
  • Options
    agonistes#1431 agonistes Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

If you dont get your stats up to a modest amount by obtaining free stuff . you wont be able to participate in any mid to late game game content regardless if it is an "event" or not .. dungeons and later zones also require 65k-85k armor pen/crit etc those recomended stats distributions are not exclusive to just an event they are needed to play the game ,,
    What this guy said. It only takes a few hours (maybe even an hour) to get decent stats to participate in the event.
  • Options
    volournvolourn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Best advice to give is focus on companion items, gems, and bonding stones. They boost your character as otherwise IL is meaningless.

First 5 days, I got through the HP but it was annoying, flabbergasting, and had to spam heal potions and even a few stone of health uses. But, last night I upgraded by bonding stones (from rank 9 to rank 11) plus put in health/defense stuff into my companion rings and the even t was releatively easy for me today. No potions or stones needed. Nor was I even in a hurry to grab the boosts. Never got below half health.

Their IL balancing is off kooky since it only rewards those who focus on companions (and mounts) not their actual equipment. L0L
  • Options
    Okay. After 9 days, one thing is for sure, the event lives up to its name. It isn't fun for sure. LMAO I've succeeded every day thus far, though. That said, no way does your typical 18k-20k character have a shot. Only characters who focus on companion/bonding stones have a legit shot. LMAO
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    On week 1 I ran a level 80 character with bare equipment, except I added 3 r15 bonding stones to a Legendary augment. It was doable. On week 2 (same character) i added a weapon and armor enchantment, 15x insignias, and some consumables. still easy enough. Next week I might have to add enchanting stones.
  • Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Red Vines ftw xD
  • Options
    edited May 2020

zyronax said:

Even then, he shouldn't be getting slaughtered. I did it on my terribly geared rogue for funsies and it was still easy.

Those are just random Avernus Juma gear drops, anyone should be able to get them if they farm ape/siege for an hour or so.
    That doesn't say much since we don't know his stats. If he is, for example, at 25-35K in arm. pen., then you might as well be on the Moon stat-wise in comparison.
  • Options

On week 1 I ran a level 80 character with bare equipment, except I added 3 r15 bonding stones to a Legendary augment. It was doable. On week 2 (same character) i added a weapon and armor enchantment, 15x insignias, and some consumables. still easy enough. Next week I might have to add enchanting stones.

I agree that r15 bonding runestones and such are paramount for any player in NW. However, bear in mind that most (all) new(er) players will not have access to r13-15 bonding runestones; they might - if they're lucky - have r9 bonding runestones, and they almost certainly won't have a legendary companion either. These things are extremely expensive AD and RP-wise. Yes, they should get them - not just for this event, but for their entire gaming experience, but if they don't already have them, short of spending more money than this game is worth (i.e. more than deluxe collector's editions of triple-A games cost), they won't be able to realistically attain such gear, companions, enchantments until months from now.
  • Options
    I don't have a legendary mount despite playing for months since my return. I'm certainly not spending $ to get zen to turn into astral diamonds. The cost of most legendary mounts in AD is easily over $100 real money. L0L

I give credit to Hell Pit for one thing - it pushed me to boost my bondings tones. I now have 3 rank 13s thanks to this event. L0L
  • Options
    After 2 weeks, I won everyday. but failed one challenge. My reward for this 'fun' was ONE MOP rank6 which I can get easier through Sybella. And, the mount I won't get for upwards of a year, anyways. Such a waste. At least those legendary mount sigil packs might make this next week worth it... If I can get through.
  • Options
    josephdirt#9503 josephdirt Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I noticed a big difference using Barbarians Revelry