test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wizards

themightycthulhuthemightycthulhu Member Posts: 38 Arc User
why do Wizards have such a weak starting magic missile when all other classes have very strong starting attacks and just get stronger. I play table top games and Wizards are known as glass cannons, very high damage but very soft. So I ask again why does the Wizard magic missile start so low when the Paladin and Cleric have such high starting damage?

Comments

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Magic Missile is used in basically all arcanist builds as its the highest dps at will wizard has lol. and Wizard is one of the top dps.
  • themightycthulhuthemightycthulhu Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    yes at higher level but at level 1-10 its dps is rubbish
  • indro100indro100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User

Why does Cryptic keep nerfing wizards??????????????????????????????-- STOP I have put so much time & effort in this class & every time I get it somewhere good they screw us & now we are one of the weakest classes again. If you want to push players away from this game by all means continue down this path you are going.

I agree, really no fun to play like this...
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Choosing beggar much? Wizards was by far the top DPS, gets nerfed...still among the top DPS, more nerfs, still among the top DPS...makes everyone complaining about wizard nerfs look entitled and spoiled. Edit: Not referring to the OP
  • themightycthulhuthemightycthulhu Member Posts: 38 Arc User

between levels 1 -10 EVERYTHING'S dps is rubbish. lol

not the cleric. I was killing things with my cleric in one or two its from the very start

between levels 1 -10 EVERYTHING'S dps is rubbish. lol

not the cleric. I was killing things with my cleric in one or two its from the very start
    You dont kill things in 1-2 hits with magic missile for a good reason, it hits much faster. hold the button and watch it spam.
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Choosing beggar much? Wizards was by far the top DPS, gets nerfed...still among the top DPS, more nerfs, still among the top DPS...makes everyone complaining about wizard nerfs look entitled and spoiled. Edit: Not referring to the OP

You can't beat GWfs in that.

stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!

arazith07 said:

You can't beat GWfs in that.

Those thankfully no longer exist, Barbarian is a far superior name. the word Fighter belongs to another class.