test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Workshop Artisans

rodent89rodent89 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artisan is this page up to date ? Some of the wording isn't but are the numbers (specifically for the lowest rarity Artisans) ?
Is there a difference between Dismissing someone before or after hiring them when it comes to when next they might show up as a potential employee ?
At early levels if the success rate isn't 100% the solution is to get better tools or level up. What does that look like at the end of Artisan progression ? Within a given level of rarity for Artisans, are there some who won't be able to achieve 100% success rate for all recipes in the game because their starting proficiency is too low ?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options

That page is not up-to-date because it has only level 70.

What you dismiss can come back right the way. It does not even need the next day.
    The same artisan can apply twice in a row. That is the one you have just rejected or dismissed 2 seconds ago.
    For the highest level best stuff, you won't be able to get 100% even if you have the best artisan, the best tool and the best supplement. What I mean is the Mastercraft stuff.
    For level 80 stuff, with the best artisan, the best tool and the best supplement, you can craft anything with 100% successful rate.

In higher level, you care less about proficiency but more for focus because you want +1 item and not getting +1 is like a failure.

Any chance that You can guesstimate as to how accurate the wiki page is when it comes to the stats at level 70 ? Is it incorrect or just missing the last 10 levels ?
    Do You know how many % points the difference is between the lowest Proficiency Artisan and highest Proficiency one, when it comes to their chance of success at crafting one of those end-game items ?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    rodent89 said:

That page is not up-to-date because it has only level 70.

What you dismiss can come back right the way. It does not even need the next day.
    The same artisan can apply twice in a row. That is the one you have just rejected or dismissed 2 seconds ago.
    For the highest level best stuff, you won't be able to get 100% even if you have the best artisan, the best tool and the best supplement. What I mean is the Mastercraft stuff.
    For level 80 stuff, with the best artisan, the best tool and the best supplement, you can craft anything with 100% successful rate.

In higher level, you care less about proficiency but more for focus because you want +1 item and not getting +1 is like a failure.

Any chance that You can guesstimate as to how accurate the wiki page is when it comes to the stats at level 70 ? Is it incorrect or just missing the last 10 levels ?
    Do You know how many % points the difference is between the lowest Proficiency Artisan and highest Proficiency one, when it comes to their chance of success at crafting one of those end-game items ?
    I assume it is accurate up to 70. I don't think that part was changed.
    The difference of proficiency and/or focus can be significant.
    You can use level 70 to do the compare.

I can use one level 80 item as an example. Ruby ring needs 1050 to get 100%.
    I have level 80 Xilomne with 377 proficiency and Level 80 Underleaf with 422 Proficiency.
    With cobalt file +1 (575 Proficiency), 94% for Underleaf and 90% for Xilomme.
    I don't know what the lowest one is because they would not be in my crew.
    I also don't have the highest.

The artisan who can be qualified in my crew must have negative commission multiplier unless s/he is purple.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Thanks for the response! Now i'm just wondering why at level 70 the difference in Proficiency between the two is 40 points whereas at 80 it's 45 points :s

Does the Purple rarity have any hidden benefits ?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    rodent89 said:

Thanks for the response! Now i'm just wondering why at level 70 the difference in Proficiency between the two is 40 points whereas at 80 it's 45 points :s

Does the Purple rarity have any hidden benefits ?

That depends.

I have a Purple level 80 Pharlen Ghiberti with 433 Prof, 377 Focus, +25% comm, +175% speed, 20% chance to instantly complete a task (or negate the morale cost if it was rushed).

I have a Purple level 80 Isayel Kostrad with 405 Prof, 450 focus, 0% comm, -50% speed, 20% chance to negate the commission cost at the start of a recipe. When the commission costs AD, this can be big for those who like to roll the dice. On the other hand, I would choose a -75% commission artisan instead.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Hm. It'd seem that perhaps there's some hidden growth stat as in all the examples You've given me the difference in stats is larger by level 80 than at 70 (if we believe what the wiki states). I happen to have two Adventurers (equal rarity) at level 15 and at that level the difference in their Proficiency is 8 points. Their level 70 stats put the difference at 25 points. PS: :'( i always forget to quote who/what i'm talking to/about!
  • Options
    pitshade said:

http://nwo.tbotr.net/professions/index.php

Up to date for level 80.

Higher rarity means more stats. They may be allocated the way you like them, of course. Preferences vary. Except for the 'cheap' artisans useful for making Armor Kits, I don't care much about commission modifier. I like high Speed unless it's an Epic artisan with super high stats that I'll only use with morale. Then speed doesn't mean anything to me.

The only real difference with Epic workers is that they always come in at the level of your profession. If you have level 80 Weaponsmithing, an epic Weaponsmith will be level 80 and not some random number.

Thanks for the link! Food for thought!
  • Options
    Does all of this apply equally to Adventurers ? Do they have their own form of Mastercraft and unobtainable 100% success rates ?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Mkay. Then to start off i'll aim for high Proficiency employees as that stat seems to be inarguably useful. Cross other bridges as i get to them. Thanks for the help, folks!

One thing though, if anyone happens to see it- i struggle to favour employees who have a chance to not use Supplements so i've been aiming at ones with the best Proficiency while having some other Skill. Is this a bad idea ?
    Post edited by rodent89 on
  • Options
    auntcrisauntcris Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Re: Supplements. In my experience (Masterwork 3 in most professions) you won't be using supplements at your stage unless you're made of money and buy them off the ah. While leveling professions, it is much more efficient to have Dab hand and Miracle worker. Dab hand to double the result for a single ingredient cost, Miracle worker to conserve moral.

At first, you are so limited in the number of artisans in your stable, it's a struggle to choose which ones to hire. The best advice i can give you is, get the artisan than can help you the most, right now, even if it is randomly low lvl when it applies. It will depend on your resources, materials already made and gold currently available to determine which ones that would be.

Though it hurts, you can dismiss one that you have leveled up from lvl 1 to say, lvl 60. It's actually fairly trivial to level up a better choice if one applies later on. This is because later on, you have a crafting bag full of ingredients needed and better tools to use to get success. e.g. your Jewelry profession is lvl 78, you can use a Hardsteel +1 file. You hire a new lvl 36 artisan. That tool is going to let that artisan craft much higher recipe than 36+5 with 100% success. Making 1 item might give them 10+ levels. (I'd give more details, but i'm in hour 2 of the patch download so can't get ingame, which is why i'm here :( )

Hope that helps and happy crafting!
  • Options
    Thanks. Yeah i'm currently dabbling away at it and collecting Artisans.

Really wish that there was more control over who might come knocking. I don't even mean getting higher rarities. Would just like to advertise that i'm looking for specific Professions and then tell specific Artisans that i'm not interested in them for now.
  • Options
    auntcrisauntcris Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    No kidding. There's nothing worse than dismissing an artisan then having them in the queue twice in one day.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

rodent89 said:

Does all of this apply equally to Adventurers ? Do they have their own form of Mastercraft and unobtainable 100% success rates ?

You cannot use Adventurers to gather high end item (Mastercraft item). That needs to use explorer map to gather yourself (mean your character) or purchase from AH.

The highest proficiency for a 'normal' level 80 item that the adventurer can gather is 1050.
    My toon cannot reach 1050 even with the best tool and the best supplement.
    These items can also be purchased from temp vendors in the Stronghold.