test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guild Leadership

mord#3639 mord Member Posts: 36 Arc User
We currently have a guild in my alliance where the one and only rank 7 leader has not been online since the 8th of March and we are not sure if they are coming back to the game at all (with everything going on in the world right now it's hard to tell). There are no rank 6 members but there are a hand full of rank 5's. Is there a process in place where if a leader is inactive, others can obtain rank 7 leadership without actually being promoted by the inactive leader?

All advice is much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    After a certain amount of time the highest ranking member(s) should have a button appear that allows them to claim the leadership role. I thought it was one month, but it must be more than that.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    If I am not mistaken, it is one month for each rank. So it would be 2 months for a rank 5 to have the opportunity to claim the guild.
  • Options
    Thanks for the response! I'll let the guild know.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    kharkov58 said:

If I am not mistaken, it is one month for each rank. So it would be 2 months for a rank 5 to have the opportunity to claim the guild.

This is inaccurate. The way the dev explained it - After the 30 days, the next rank that has had a character log onto it can usurp the leadership. If no rank 6's have logged on in 30 days, a rank 5 can take over, and so on and so forth.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    I stand corrected. Thank you Kreatyve. If this is the case, would they already have had a rank 5 offered to take over, since the rank 7 has not logged in since March 8th?
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    kharkov58 said:

I stand corrected. Thank you Kreatyve. If this is the case, would they already have had a rank 5 offered to take over, since the rank 7 has not logged in since March 8th?

Yes, unless the time is still 60 days for whatever reason (they had lengthened it to 60 days following the bad hurricane a few years ago that left Puerto Rico without electricity for a long time). They might have forgotten to change it back to 30 days.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Just to give an update and to confirm, the rank 5's could and did take over yesterday. Looks like they changed it back to 30 days.