test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server not responding

greyhawken777greyhawken777 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
Almost immediately after login, this message appears. After just a few clicks the screen freezes. Sometimes it would come back only to once again freeze. In about every 5th try, the session will last more than a minute or two, just enough for me to think it's back to normal, that it's working again. But, like a cruel tease, the game would once again freeze. Exit the game. Re-log in. It repeats. I'm once again reminded why I had left the game some months ago.

Anyone else seeing constant Server Not Responding errors?

Comments

• Options
    Oh, and I forgot to add that just as often, the client would disconnect dropping back into the login screen. Is that an eyeball? A black hole amid a swirling hurricane sucking out what's left of any enjoyment from the game?
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Reboot your computer and router.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    kai#1230 kai Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Yep, I see the same. Been like this since yesterday.

Restarted game, rebooted pc, rebooted router, but no luck.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    qingwen said:

Could just be busy internet with everyone being locked down.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    kai#1230 kai Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    greywynd said:

qingwen said:

Could just be busy internet with everyone being locked down.
    Maybe, but it's only affecting Neverwinter, and it's only the last day or so, for me anyway.
  • Options
    It took two tries but the second time I forced a file check and a re-patch worked to fix the issue. I'm guessing it was a bad patch initially. Strangely, the patch let me play for a day before I started seeing this constant "server not responding" error.
  • Options
    hades#2194 hades Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2020
  • Options
    haneva#3971 haneva Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I have been experiencing very bad lags since the last patch (almost 2 GB). For e.g., at the character selection screen, it takes almost 15 seconds (if not longer) for the visual of the toon to appear. It normally takes just 2 to 3 seconds. And then, when my character is being loaded, I encounter frequent time-outs. When I eventually load into the game, my toon literally cannot move i.e. I get teleported back to my original position whenever I move. And every action I take is delayed by like 1 minute e.g. invoking, refining RP, collecting and opening VIP bags etc. Also, the chat function does not become active till more than 2 to 3 minutes later. Not to mention the frequent Server Not Responding messages. I don't think it is related to my connection speed because when I test it whenever I encounter all these issues, the ping is like 5 ms to 7 ms and the download/upload speed is like 95 mbps. Is anyone else encountering this?
  • Options
    kinzaitenkinzaiten Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I experienced the problem too on Saturday and my guildmate suggested to change the game proxy to EU which I did. I got less lag, but then I got stuck in loading screen when I tried to go to Omu maps. All other toons got a longer loading screen when they tried to change map

Curiously, PE map seems unaffected so I don't really know what does happen. I checked my internet connection too, but it is okay. Only Neverwinter got slowed. It might be their server

Lastly, I tried rebooting computer and router too, but it still happens now.
  • Options
    diamondd#4107 diamondd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Been having similar issues myself, havent been able to play since Friday night. Takes several minutes until the character that was logged into was playable, and by playable i mean i can check my mail and invoke. If i was lucky i was able to chat a little too.
    I even tried reinstalling and during that process i noticed it restart multiple times saying it failed to get certain files. Finally after several restarts and verifying atleast 3 times the whole game finally downloaded but still had the same problems, unable to move and do things.
    Currently today constant connection issues so much so i cant even get to the character selection screen.
  • Options
    thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    This is unplayable. x20 in last 3 hours. New arrea, patching starting, drops to 0 kb/s, stops and after few sec. crash.
  • Options
    blazze#2243 blazze Member Posts: 1 New User
    Yes i have the same problem from 2 days now.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    You should mention where you are and which ISP you are using.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***