test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to log in?

ANyone else unable to log in?
Can get to the character selection screen and it keeps timing out after that.

Comments

• Options
    bitcrusher#9275 bitcrusher Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Login works fine for me until i get dc'ed. after that i have to wait for approx 5 mins until i can try to relog. besides that the game is performing miserable atm, just lagging through the world. really sad.
  • Options
    xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Well, last night I tried a few times and gave up, got on this morning after 4 tries.
    Was DC'ed after 1 hour and now it keeps timing out after I select the character to play.... very dissapointing
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

Login works fine for me until i get dc'ed. after that i have to wait for approx 5 mins until i can try to relog. besides that the game is performing miserable atm, just lagging through the world. really sad.

Same for me. Seems like it's just PE for some, and only some Instances, but for me it was on all my Toons, in all kind of places, in and out of dungeons. Rebooted and all, but today was more than usual. Guess it will get better tomorrow, as long as it's not Vallenhas, probably.
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Seems to be working for me again.
    Probably something to do with the amount of people playing on the weekend these days.?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User

Seems to be working for me again.
    Probably something to do with the amount of people playing on the weekend these days.?

Weekend and weekdays are not much different these days for many. Probably, Cryptic staff went back to work and did something.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Cryptic did a restart of the PE instances during the weekend. The lag (mostly in PE) became MUCH better (meaning: almost no lag) directly after the restart. So yes, there was horrible lag before, also disconnects (probably because some server of the server-farm or some communication subsystems were in overload). But they did something about it and it worked immediately.

Remarkably, they could to this over the weekend, eg outside of normal worktimes.
    I guess, a small thankyou is appropriate.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Cryptic did a restart of the PE instances during the weekend. The lag (mostly in PE) became MUCH better (meaning: almost no lag) directly after the restart. So yes, there was horrible lag before, also disconnects (probably because some server of the server-farm or some communication subsystems were in overload). But they did something about it and it worked immediately.

Remarkably, they could to this over the weekend, eg outside of normal worktimes.
    I guess, a small thankyou is appropriate.

I was on almost the whole weekend. I did not notice they shutdown anything. They probably disallowed new entry to certain bad instances and then kill the instance process after every player left that. However, I think they did that on Monday and not in the weekend.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    byegodbyegod Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I can't Log in.. I click play and then it shows cryptic and after 2=3 minutes it crashes.. Weird thing is I was playing earlier and had to do something so I clicked on Character change so I wouldn't get logged off. When I came back and tried to reenter with my character it crashed.
  • Options
    I tried uninstalling Neverwinter and reinstalling the game. Now I can get to my characters but the game crashes before the character spawns. It almost loads the character then crashes. Nit a peep from tech support.
  • Options
    byegod said:

I tried uninstalling Neverwinter and reinstalling the game. Now I can get to my characters but the game crashes before the character spawns. It almost loads the character then crashes. Nit a peep from tech support.

Have you installed the latest driver for your graphic card?
  • Options
    "byegod">I tried uninstalling Neverwinter and reinstalling the game. Now I can get to my characters but the game crashes before the character spawns. It almost loads the character then crashes. Nit a peep from tech support.

Have you installed the latest driver for your graphic card?

I have now uninstalled and reinstalled NW 3 times.. I have verified updated Graphics driver and made sure that there were no pending window updates.. Still game crashes. have been able to get in game but within 20 or so secs. Crash.. This all started after the patch before no real issues.

Any known issues with conflicts between Cryptic and Epic games?