test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best PVE DPS setup currently? - Returning after 6 years.

korpakukac1korpakukac1 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
Hey everyone,

I am returning to Neverwinter after 6 years off the game to play with friends.
I expect the meta has changed a LOT in the time I was away, so I would like to ask for suggestions what character to start. I am a purely PVE-focused player and I enjoy doing the highest DPS possible.

I have a lvl60 Rogue, lvl60 Warlock, lvl60 Wizard and a lvl54 Cleric. I played both rogue and Warlock until they got hit hard by the nerfhammer, stopped playing both times before.

So I am asking, what setups are the BIS DPS choices for PVE content now? Or is there something that can be tanky while doing good dps as well? My friends have started a Ranger and a Warlock, so I am thinking maybe I should take a somewhat tanky melee class, that is still a good dps.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Comments

• Options
    rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I would say play what you like the most, but as of now from those you have go with the rogue, it's one of the best, if you want to create a new one try the ranger out.
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Rogue is to be the top dps in the game, it would be a safe option.
  • Options
    nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    If talking single target:
    Cleric is the highest dps in the game atm by far, but really high skill ceiling, takes a while to learn and might be awkward at times.
    Rogue/Warlock/Ranger/Wizard are more or less tied in single target dmg. Warlock may fall behind at times, but outliers happen because of rng(sucks when you rely on rng to do dmg eh?)
    Barbarian is slightly behind the above, but still good enough to be relevant.
    Fighter dps is eating glue somewhere in the distance.

If talking aoe/solo content:
    All are good, depending on content, some may come out ahead because they get to the mobs first and kill them, thus "stealing" dps from others, but in content like the infernal citadel where trash mobs dont die instantly, all of them are good.
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    all classes that has a paragon that is meant to serve as a damage dealer, at BIS can completely do their job efficiently.
  • Options
    flublblbluflublblblu Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    nooneatza said:

Cleric is the highest dps in the game atm by far, but really high skill ceiling, takes a while to learn and might be awkward at times.

Do you have a video or a guide showing how cleric is played to deal high damage? I'm trying to get better at playing my cleric but I noticed I'm behind DPS-wise in IC and would like to improve before trying ToMM (if I ever find a group).

• Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User

nooneatza said:

Do you have a video or a guide showing how cleric is played to deal high damage? I'm trying to get better at playing my cleric but I noticed I'm behind DPS-wise in IC and would like to improve before trying ToMM (if I ever find a group).

here is something from the class forums that can stir you into the right track.

https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1251396/arbiter-cleric-guide-for-mod-17-clever-divinty-management-makes-top-dps
  • Options
    flublblbluflublblblu Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Thanks, I already use that, it's good to know I'm on the right path. I might just be bad or my gear could use some improvement
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

Rogue is to be the top dps in the game, it would be a safe option.

Link to good guide please? My rogue on xbox is absolute trash for a long time now. He has bonding r10 x3, and some good comp gear, but I need to know what stats to prioritize. TIA