test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Signpost timeout

reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
Can the timeout on the signpost, mailbox, bank, etc be increased? The lag in PE right now won't allow me to interact with these items because they disappear first. I understand there is a PILE of people in game at the moment, this is a fabulous thing, but this is a small qol improvement that could be made to make things usable!

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    One thing that still 'works' in current PE lag is "Teleport to Moonstone mask". Get the hxll out of there and then do those service is faster doing that in certain PE instance.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Maybe walk over to one of the gates and leave map through that, or teleport to moonstone mask
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    nooneatza said:

Maybe walk over to one of the gates and leave map through that, or teleport to moonstone mask

Using the gate does not help too much because that also took forever to be able to F it except it won't disappear.
    Teleport to moonstone mask does not need to 'f'.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

nooneatza said:

Using the gate does not help too much because that also took forever to be able to F it except it won't disappear.
    Teleport to moonstone mask does not need to 'f'.
    I'll try the mask guys, Getting to a door can prove difficult XD First I was at the door, next I was stuck against a tree in the middle of PE lol
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    What I would suggest is maybe going into the workshop and using the sign post from there. Or actually going to the exit of the map in Pe and leaving that way.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    b4t1b4t said:

What I would suggest is maybe going into the workshop and using the sign post from there. Or actually going to the exit of the map in Pe and leaving that way.

"Going" is the issue because of rubberbanding.
    "Going into" workshop or to exit are also issue because the 'F' takes forever to come up in the 'bad' PE instance.
    The fastest way is to teleport to Moonstone mask because there is no 'f' involves but you do need to wait for the VIP icon to come up. I experienced 30 seconds delay for the VIP icon to come up after I log into certain PE instance.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I watched myself teleport 3 times before I saw the load screen for the Mask.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Or rubberbanding your way around PE, trying to find somewhere, ANYWHERE, where you aren't stuck "in combat", realise that it's a fruitless exercise, so attempt the "kill me" command, in hope that it works (it did work, thankfully).
    Then summon a signpost, which thankfully didn't timeout, and interact to get OUT of PE, and don't go back!
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • Options

Or rubberbanding your way around PE, trying to find somewhere, ANYWHERE, where you aren't stuck "in combat", realise that it's a fruitless exercise, so attempt the "kill me" command, in hope that it works (it did work, thankfully).
    Then summon a signpost, which thankfully didn't timeout, and interact to get OUT of PE, and don't go back!

The good thing of teleport to mask is you can do that when you are in combat.