test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forced stat resets ?

pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 480 Arc User
Why was there a forced stat reset on my characters ?
I didn't see anything mentioned about it in the patch notes .

Comments

• Options
    merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    yeah mine were reset as well
  • Options
    pinkpoppy#2195 pinkpoppy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Mine too, why oh why?
  • Options
    vorena#3664 vorena Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    One of my alliance mates had his stats resent but only on one toon.

• Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    Same here, was just logging my alts and have had one reset so far. Just when I thought the FOV change was bad enough.
  • Options
    jelara1jelara1 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    2 out of 3 that I logged on got reset, stopped logging them in after that. I'm recently back after a break and really don't fully remember their loadouts, so this is painful.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    6 of 9 here. Wizard, fighter, and cleric didn't have it pop up.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    buckyonebuckyone Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    2 of 9 had forced reset over here. Irritating as all get out........
  • Options
    alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    4 of 8 had forced resets. Why? Really, why?

Even if something changes, can you just give us the option to reset? Why must I completely figure out from scratch how to do 4 very different classes, when only one of those classes was listed as having (very minor) changes in the patch notes? I don't get it. If some feat or power changed, give me the OPTION to spend hours reworking stuff. Not cool.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • Options
    vorena#3664 vorena Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Just logged in and my barb got reset.

• Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I just had one, and the only thing I could see changed was the "demonic mastery" boon was changed to be all fiends not just demons. So maybe that is why, but I am not totally certain.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    None of my characters were required to re-spec.

They cover all classes.
    6 of my characters have boon points and all others have 0.
    All 6 have 5 "demonic mastery" boon points.

I think what made my characters 'special' could be they all have unspent boon points (I have not assigned new boon point from the new campaign) or have 0 boon point.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Forced respec on my CW. Just did it myself a month ago.
    Pain in the Hamster's HAMSTER.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 186 Arc User
    All my 80 level toons got a reset, only my cleric did not.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I didn't get any characters reset, however ever since the maintenance on Tuesday, I have been locking up on loading into zones, and even one or two server disconnects.
    Looks like business as usual at Cryptic. I did get a free retraining on my warlock character, so I reverted my warlock's alternate Healer build and made it an alternate DPS build.

This game has a lot more bugs now, than I care to talk about. I hope someone at Cryptic can get the ball rolling in the proper direction soon.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    I would appreciate a response on why this happened - if any staff happens to know?
    Thank you! :-D
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    easyas123#9321 easyas123 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I believe the program is remembering that I had one of the accidental boons that got removed with the last mod. Every character that got reset back then, also was reset again yesterday (even though they don't have that boon anymore). It's like it remembered that at one time I did have the boon, a reset me out of spite. :)
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited March 2020

I believe the program is remembering that I had one of the accidental boons that got removed with the last mod. Every character that got reset back then, also was reset again yesterday (even though they don't have that boon anymore). It's like it remembered that at one time I did have the boon, a reset me out of spite. :)

All my toon were reset last time to remove 3 boon points. None of my toon is reset this time.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    casey#2467 casey Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Ok so why did my characters get reset again, enough of this already.
    Beginning to think since I started early in mod 5 that its time to just say good bye. The constant nerfing, character forced changes, money spent and wasted due to nerfing. Ya maybe time to go.
    Post edited by casey#2467 on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Duh it posted this 4 times when internet hung. I don't see a delete option.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Duh it posted this 4 times when internet hung
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Duh it posted this 4 times when internet hung
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    OK, several of my characters also had forced reset... Has there been any notice or does anyone know WHY characters had a forced "Powers, feats, boons and abilities reset"?

The game's godlike attitude where they can do whatever they want, anytime they want with no notice given to the people they expect to finance and support them is beyond tiresome.

I realize it's their game and they can do whatever they want regardless of what anyone else thinks... but then as I recall Icarus had the same kind of attitude and it didn't turn out so well for him so maybe instead of just promising players the game is going to have more "transparency"... actually following through on some of those promises.
    :angry::angry::angry:
    DD~
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    ya i went through same on my cw today on login... but my other 2 did not (bc after last reset i never redid those two lol)) i didnt see nothing in notes about this either an was wondering wth bc this just happend not too long ago.... but there has yet to be a response from anybody officially as of yet from what i seen
  • Options
    mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    Next time you do a boon change Cryptic, please just give a retrain token by character mail! Don't reset everything!
  • Options
    I don't even feel like playing tonight knowing I have to spend time trying to remember my stats and redo 7 toons. :angry:
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

I don't even feel like playing tonight knowing I have to spend time trying to remember my stats and redo 7 toons. :angry:

I hear you. I have been thru it, one toon at a time, when they hard nerfed a Cleric or Wizard. I have learned to make a screenshot every time I make build change.