test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do the Gith have extra character customizations character at creation?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
I'm thinking about getting the Gith racial pack combo dealio. So I looked online for a video showing what they would look like as a barbarian. Found a video but it was a ranger not a barbarian. Watched it anyway. Most of it. During character creation there were options that are not available to the races I can currently use. The basics plus the dragonborn. The other options were for ears, piercings and even a 4th body shape. Is this a Gith only thing or did this use to be in the game for all races but has been removed for some reason?
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)

Comments

• Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I have the Gith option from the 'free' period when it was first released. There are 4 body types - the regular 3 plus "Gith Big" - all their body shapes are labeled "Gith" and they do have earrings as an appearance option.

TBH - unless you really like the nose-less Grinch look, I'd save the $$.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    If the Gith pack is the Gith pack that gives you account wide mount, companion and a bag, it is a deal (don't forget to use discount coupon). The stat from the companion is decent, the bag is for every character.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User

I'm thinking about getting the Gith racial pack combo dealio. So I looked online for a video showing what they would look like as a barbarian. Found a video but it was a ranger not a barbarian. Watched it anyway. Most of it. During character creation there were options that are not available to the races I can currently use. The basics plus the dragonborn. The other options were for ears, piercings and even a 4th body shape. Is this a Gith only thing or did this use to be in the game for all races but has been removed for some reason?

Some sub-faces of each race has costumization options available only that sub-face. Sub-face aka, different face types. That's probably what you're seeing. Or else the option is a Zen Store/Campaign Package only.

So check every sub-face to see if that unlocks the option you saw.
  • Options
    What is a Gith? I know what a Githyanki and a Githzerai are. I thought Gith was the name of the Queen of the Githyanki?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Sorry LICH Queen.
    Is there a way to edit a post if your the one that made it? Or do you HAVE to post another like I just did to fix something?

Thank you very much plasticbat! I missed it because you have to mouse over the post.
    Post edited by eyebreaker7 on
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User

Sorry LICH Queen.
    Is there a way to edit a post if your the one that made it? Or do you HAVE to post another like I just did to fix something?

You can 'edit' the original post. There is a cog in the top right corner of your post. Click it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***