test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Surely compulsory pres wards for Gond refining is a mistake - makes no sense at all

lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
Between the last Gond events, the concept of compulsory pres wards was introduced.
This needs to be removed from Gond refining.

Making a doohicky, with it's pyramidal level of refining levels, takes a ridiculous number of compulsory pres wards.
The 1 Doohicky takes 2 Thingamabobs, which takes 4 Gizmos, which takes 8 Gadgets, which takes 16 Sprockets, which is a minimum of 31 compulsory pres wards, assuming no refining failures.

The doohicky damage got so nerfed that people don't bother with it anymore.
The alternative is to get the Creations of Wonder Pack, where, at the end of all that work, your most likely reward, by far, is to get just 5 of those pres wards back.
The other attraction of the Creations of Wonder Pack was the possibility of a Gond Forgehammer for professions.
Well, since the last event we now easily make cobalt professions tools that make a mythic Gond forgehammer far less attractive than it used to be. On top of that, professions is pretty dead (both level 80 items and master crafting), so where's the Gond incentive?

Gond is yet another calendar event, that got "left behind" with advancement of the game, and next to no thought has been given to make it sensible and attractive for players to participate.

A Creations Pack fetches about 50K AD in the auction house (probably over valued, considering where the pack rewards sit now), but it takes a minimum of 287K AD worth of pres wards to make it!
Sheer lunacy!

Please Devs, doing the Gond event makes no sense at the rate we would need to burn pres wards.
Compulsory pres wards makes sense for the small number of refines required for levelling an enchantment, but definitely not for Gond pyramidal refining.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Turn off the option in your control panel that requires the use of pres wards.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    Nice greywynd, thanks!
    I, and some others I was talking to, didn't realize this could be done (Esc / Options / Gameplay / General).

No regrets for me on posting this, as a warning to others who might not have done the math, and don't know about being able to turn compulsory pres wards off.