test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lion Heart

There is no true support for this game. The community manager and developers finesse us with hope of survival for this game. But reality is truth. It's difficult to find players. TOMM is a mystery for us new players. Maybe one day they'll have us pay to get the Lion Heart Set. Let's play together!

Comments

• Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    @mrsbloodred#6192 I am on PC but I can relate to your strong desires to run ToMM. Are your stats capped for ToMM? What roles/class do you play? You know you can Private Qed into ToMM with any number of players to check it out yourself.

There are supports on PC, there is a sizable player base that run training ToMMs, I participated in many.

Not sure how it is on Xbox, but I am sure there are at least some guilds running it regularly. You might consider joining or asking those guild members. Also different game channels.

Console get ToMM much later than PC, which means y’all get guides/YouTubeVids/etc from us.

*ToMM is the current hardest end game trial, if everyone able to run it, then it fail as being the hardest. Those that can runs it (by having required stats cap for their roles), will eventually get runs.

The Devs have provided us with contents they shouldn’t hold our hands and give us how to run it guide. Everything you need is already in game and from many guides people/PC players have provided.
  • Options
    d4l#7469 d4l Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    They need to make items so they are no longer character or account bound. That way people will farm the heck out of everything and make some useful ad while doing so. It’ll keep the Qs full as well. That’s a big thing is trying to find anybody to Q even if your in a guild. It’s hard to grind for ad. Plus 100000 ad refinement a day isn’t enough. Some one mention this to the developers because I’m a new account on here and it won’t let me
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    d4l#7469 said:

They need to make items so they are no longer character or account bound. That way people will farm the heck out of everything and make some useful ad while doing so. It’ll keep the Qs full as well. That’s a big thing is trying to find anybody to Q even if your in a guild. It’s hard to grind for ad. Plus 100000 ad refinement a day isn’t enough. Some one mention this to the developers because I’m a new account on here and it won’t let me

Well, it is hard to please everyone. There are BiS rings that are not bound in TOMM but that created uproar by some players because that made a portion of elite players getting rich. Some complained they should not be unbound.
    Veteran does not only grind 100K rough AD and then refine to AD. They also make killing in AH. They make useful AD everyday.
    It is hard to new player because they don't know what the useful thing to farm are.
    One needs to farm/produce useful stuff to sell in AH to earn AD (not rough AD).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    talarue#8561 talarue Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    There is nothing wrong with the toughest content in the game being the most profitable. That being said there are a number of profitable AD farms in the game that are not difficult. I wrote an entire guide on it for the folks in my alliance. here are some excerpts:

Dread Ring:

On days that are NOT necromancy days the daily lair in Dread Ring drops rank 3-5 enchanting stones. While the rank 3s and 4s do not sell for a lot the price for rank 5s range from about 20k to upwards of 50k depending on the state of the market. For 10 vanguard scripts you can buy a "Thayan Lair Key" which you can use to run the lair additional times. Phantasmal fortress is the fastest run so when given a choice it is typically the go to.
    You can get vanguard scripts from running the daily quests in dread ring as well as turning in black onyx to the bounty master. After completing the Dread ring campaign you get the ability to "turn in thayan intelligence" you can do this once every 20 hours and it consumes 1 thayan intelligence which you get for running your daily lair or completing the demonic encounters daily quest. You also get vanguard scripts for running Dread Legion skirmish. Which leads me to my next point.
    Run Dread Legion skirmish. This is a fairly reliable farm as you get 6 vanguard scripts per run which can be used to make more keys as well as having a decent chance at dropping Energon Companions (and other random drops at a significantly reduced rate).
    Maximizing efficiency: I recommend keeping an eye on the calendar and looking out for double refining stones weekends as this will double the yields of enchanting stones for running the daily lairs. In preparation for these I would get as many scripts/keys as you can.

Overloads:

There are certain overloads that are relatively easy to farm and can be sold on the AH to people who do not have the time to farm them, do not know where to farm them, or simply cannot be bothered to do so.

Greater Corrupt Black Ice Enchantments: Can be made from the black ice crafting in Caer-Konig. To make one from scratch you will need 2 Black Ice wedges and 2 Twisted Black Ice Fragments as well as a little over 2k black ice. The prices on these can vary from roughly 40k-60k depending on market saturation.

The Black Ice Wedges can be farmed either from the Kessell's Retreat skirmish or heroic encounters in Dwarven Valley. The Tier 2 encounters have the highest drop rate though the wedges CAN drop from any of them. You also can get Hammer Stone weapon drop from these which also sell for pretty good AD depending on the weapon as they are fairly popular appearance items.

Twisted Black Ice Fragments can be farmed from Kessell's Retreat Skirmish as well as heroic encounters in Icewind Pass. I have not tested enough to know what tier drops them most often I often just buy these as they are the cheaper components anyway, and I can still make a significant profit.

Greater White Dragon Glyphs: Can be farmed with some consistency from Shores of Tuern skirmish and Lair of Lostmauth dungeon. I would only recommend farming these if you have keys for them and only actively farming Shores of Tuern as it is shorter and easier. I would still keep a key or 2 around in case you get Lair of Lostmauth from Epic Queue. The other Greater Dragon Glyphs do sell but are only worth 1.5k - 3k whereas the white ones for 12k+ as they increase outgoing healing.

Frosted Glyphs: Despite being notably worse than the corrupt black ice enchantments these do sell well. I would only recommend making the Smiting or Lethal ones. You make make these through the Storm King's Thunder campaign. I would use these mostly as a way to use up excess Runic Pieces/ten towns supplies from running the campaign or farming Svardborg keys. This is because the runic piece/ten towns supply farm is both time gated and not terribly time efficient if the overloads are all that you are after, however if you DO have excess runic pieces and ten town supplies then farming the extra vonin blood you need for the overloads is fairly easy. these sell for roughly 30k - 40k each.