test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Half-elf racial bonus says it's determind by your class?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
"This bonus is automatically determined by your class."
Why do they give the barbarian a +1 to Int? He doesn't do radiant damage does he? It should be physical right? So it should be a +1 to Str or maybe Con.
This is a bonus point in addition to the two +2 bonuses you set to two scores at character creation. Either Cha or Wis. The 1/2-elf gets +2 to Con as well.
Now I know you guys keep telling me that stats really don't matter but they SHOULD make sense. The barbarian starts with:
Str 18
Dex 14
Con 14 (16 with the half-elf racial bonus)
Int 8 (9 with the half-elf racial bonus bonus point)
Wis 10 (maybe 12 if you put the +2 bonus here)
Cha 10 (maybe 12 if you put the +2 bonus here)

That +1 bonus ability point that "is automatically determined by your CLASS" is nice and makes me want to play one. But Int for a barbarian? Am I missing something?
Yes I know I keep talking about ability scores and you keep telling me they don't matter. They do a tiny bit and that makes them useful to me. I am a stat $%^&* so I tend to get picky. If you select human they say to add the +3 to Str. Why not Int? lol. j/k there folks. My main point is that the 1/2-elf +1 bonus should go to Str not Int.

On another note, why do half-orcs get +2 to Dex? With the option of adding another +2 to either Str or Con. In any D&D edition I've ever seen they have always gotten +2 Con not Dex.
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Neverwinter is NOT D&D. It is simply "based on".
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Why do birds suddenly appear,
    Every time you are near?

Don't look for logic here. The real question is why roll a half-elf for a barbie?
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Someone said the same thing about half-elf paladins in PE earlier.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Half-elf paladins do use INT for damage.
  • Options
    karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Half elf extra point is always in an off stat for the class. For paladin they get +1 to Dex.
    It was explained originally at character creation, tho that may have changed with mod 16.