test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Demo = BiS?

Is Demo set still BiS? If not, what is...?

Comments

• Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    No set is BiS for all dps now. Several are competitive. Personally, i still use it, even though I have a fully upgraded Halaster set. As a Rogue, i just dont stand for 3 seconds... like almost never, so it doesn't activate much. The set that gives 15% damage boost from behind is possibly the most popular. The new 2.5% damage boost +2.5% versus demons/devils is BiS in unscaled content for most players. Really, I believe the bonuses are so small that you should evaluate the stats they give. In the end, pick a set thats reasonably obtainable and which suits your playstyle. Then be happy and don't stew over whether you made the right or wrong choice.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    if you're a lower dps running with higher dps doing the knives set is good too. it's a decent buff for the team.
  • Options
    oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Is Demo set still the clear BiS choice? Not really no.

Should you use it? Personal preference, after the nerf the stat loss trade off is severe compared to the potential increase in damage and many sets are viable so no one can tell you what would be best for you or your class.

Me personally i dropped Demo set on my Ranger as soon as the nerf was announced and i do not recommend it to anyone on any build unless they have nothing else to do with their character and may get slightly more damage from Demo set. In my opinion not dying ever in practice by having more HP / stats is much better and more reliable for the vast majority of players than theoretical DPS boosts that you may not even get to use at the cost of said survivability increase.
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    For HR you can choose the set that gives you a rune of aggression (Armaments of the Wyvern, the already mentioned knives set) - the rune lasts only for 6 seconds after casting daily power, however, there is no problem to cast Disruptive Shot 5 times in a short period of time and that way you can buff the party continuously through some dps checks.