test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legendary Carpet of Flying bug?

stangiatostangiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
I've been a player since Beta. I did stop playing around 2016 and just came back. I had someone ask about having a second passenger on this mount (which I don't remember being an option) but also seeing some players carpets attacking. There's a lot of items I have in my possession that aren't part of the collection anymore and I can't use the attack of the Carpet.

Am I missing something

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    In order for someone to ride as a passenger on the carpet, they must be in a party with you. Their 'F' menu gives them an option to ride. It's kind of buggy and if they do anything other than ride, have a tendency to fall off.

To use the Carpet's combat power, you have to make sure its power is slotted on your mounts menu. Then aim at a hostile mob while in combat and press your key that would normally summon your mount.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    The power isn't there. I don't even have it as part of my collection even though I have it as my mount. Also, the power it grants (5000 defense) isn't available. This is actually a part of many different things that are happening. If I have something I already own and move it to the bank and bank, I'll get 'credit' for having it. Many of these things were already part of my collection but somehow disappeared.
    Regardless of that, I'd like to be able to use the power of the attack and possibly the defense (I'm squishy).

Thank you for the information though!
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    you did equip the mount right? Also, you only get a mount power (where the carpet attacks), when you have the legendary version.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    There are 2 carpets: epic and legendary. Only the legendary had a rumble seat and can attack.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    If it lists 5k defense, then it is the epic version.
  • Options
    newnickunregisterednewnickunregistered Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    As far as I remember, the carpet mounts were bugged upon release and the players opening those lockboxes were receiving "legendary" carpets which were, in fact, purple ones. The solution was, iirc, to let the players keep their "legendary" mounts but without adding to them the legendary perks.
  • Options
    Epic Carpets incorrectly had the ability to transport a passenger along with the owner. When the fix was made, already equipped epics retained that ability but any new ones people bound would function as normal, no riders.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    pitshade said:

Epic Carpets incorrectly had the ability to transport a passenger along with the owner. When the fix was made, already equipped epics retained that ability but any new ones people bound would function as normal, no riders.

Yeah, they gave the legendary skins to people who already used the epic mounts to compensate. (you don't get the legendary powers though)
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I took a ride on a friend's legendary carpet yesterday and it still works. I still like my "real flying carpet" in Cryptic's Champions Online better. I get unlimited altitude and I can stand on it. Not my video, just used for example.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    I have a lot of mounts. To be honest, this was a long time ago so I'm a little hazy on the legendary bug. This is definitely the Legendary (I also have the rare one as well). It's too bad because it looks good but I have nothing else
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Then I would suggest contacting Support to look into it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.