test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where did my artisan go?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
I am level 9 in alchemy yet I have no artisans for this profession? Where did it/they go? I don't remember what I had but I must have had a LEAST 1 right?
I'm also missing an artificer artisan. Do they leave on their own for some reason I don't know about?
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    They won't go on their own unless you get rid of them. Post some screen shot may help.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    --
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    How do I post a screen shot? I don't have any website to link it to/upload it to.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I think? I know what is going on here. You probably did professions long long ago? I that case, you should have some vouchers for new people. Before they changed the professions we held the people in our inventory, now they exist in the workshop as NPC's that are hired.

To post a screenshot, I use https://postimages.org it is free and you don't even need an account. Another one like this is https://imgbb.com
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Might should add that you would also need to do the workshop quest to open those things up. You cant just do professions you must do the quest first. I suggest if you have not done professions before what like mod 15 then you may want to read up on the new way professions are done now. It is all different then how it once was.
  • Options
    Yes it's been a long time since I did professions with the character in question. I have been doing them with others recently though so I have a basic idea how it all works.
    https://i.postimg.cc/8z83V45F/artisan-missing.jpg
    hope that link works. I did find 2 vouchers like you mentioned. They were both for alchemy. I traded them in like it said to. I still have no alchemists though. Didn't have any offers for today either. Guess I'll have to keep hopeing one or two pop in soon. lol.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    ---
  • Options
    Thank you all for the help. I'm just getting back into the game after being away for years. I think the last time I played was when the ranger pack came out. I've been back for about 4-5 weeks I'd guess so I'm a bit rusty. Guess I should check my other toons too and see what they have/don't have anymore. Thanks again.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    You should have some free artisan recruitment scrolls in the options when talking to your retainer. These were based on how many slots you had unlocked under the old system and can be used to recruit artisans for a profession of your choice, rather than the random mix offered by the master desk UI.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Also, be sure to do Jewel Crafting, by level 10 you can make copper pendants. The new artisans get paid a small commission but the gold you make off selling them back to a vendor is pretty sweet. Material cost can be offset as well making the copper ingots yourself.

Enjoy!
    wb-cenders.gif