test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashing at VIP seals trader in workshop

eggie1961eggie1961 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
After today's patch, in the space of 20 mins, I've experienced 4 crashes doing the exact same thing on 4 different toons.

I'm in my workshop, crafting brass rings using morale. I do this in 2 batches; using up 200 morale per batch. After each batch, I call up my VIP seals vendor to sell the rings. For the first batch, everything is fine. For the second batch, while selling rings to the seals vendor, I crashed. This happened to 4 different toons at this point.

I'm going to try on 4 more toons and I expect to crash 4 more times.

Comments

• Options
    silvershamrocksilvershamrock Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm experiencing the exact same issue. So far it has only been when selling items in the workshop, haven't been on long enough to test if its a broader game-wide issue for myself.
  • Options
    After more crafting and crashes, I highly suspect that the buffer size for the recently sold tab for the vendor has been reduced. Once you hit the limit, it will crash. Hope this will be fixed before 2xProfessions as we'll craft much more gear to sell.
  • Options
    abwabwabaabwabwaba Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    By me the game crashes even by Tower District merchants (not just by VIP Seal and profession trader) when trying to sell things for silver/gold. Within 15 mins that was the 4th time.
    Hide The Pain Harold!
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I happens to me both with the professions merchant and the stronghold outfitter. The game quits responding, with the gold going into your inventory sitting there forever. Requires task manager to close the game and restart.

Edit: Of course, those are the only vendors I have gotten to so far. Seems to happen when you have a lot to sell.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Was able to see 50 or so items on two chars with no issue. Tried to sell 60 on another and CTD about 54 items. On another char, I sold 30 items, went to character select and back, then sold 30 more without incident. Going to the select screen clears the vendor inventory in the same way that changing zones does.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Same problem here. I tired using a summoned vendor in the workshop and even the one out in PE, same problem. After about 40 items the game locks up and I have to manually quit and reload the game.
  • Options
    thesomething000thesomething000 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Same here. sry i didn't write down the incident id numbers. there was a bunch. crafting works, game crashes after selling 50ish items. it's very consistent.
  • Options
    jaggid#6299 jaggid Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Same issue here, 100% reproducible. It doesn't matter what vendor I use, game will crash every single time once I sell more than ~50 items.

I've worked around it by only selling 50, precisely, then going to character select screen. When I re-enter the game I can then sell another ~50 items without crashing. Zoning also works in between sell-batches.
    Tedious.
  • Options
    hulkwarbound#6094 hulkwarbound Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have sold items at different vendors but it seems that if I am selling items to them once I hit either a number of the same item or I click to fast it crashs. I dont know which one it is but I have a bag full of stuff to sell and the game crash like 4 times in the span of trying to sell it. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
  • Options
    apocalypse#8295 apocalypse Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Doing the same with me. Tested and found the magic number was 60. No matter what vendor you sell to, once I click on the 60th item, the game crashes. I have even tried selling about 50 items and closing the VIP vendor and opening it again, once I sell 10 more, it crashes. I submitted a ticket and they just got back to me today and said that they "see" all of us reporting it and are forwarding it to get it fixed :)
  • Options

Doing the same with me. Tested and found the magic number was 60. No matter what vendor you sell to, once I click on the 60th item, the game crashes. I have even tried selling about 50 items and closing the VIP vendor and opening it again, once I sell 10 more, it crashes. I submitted a ticket and they just got back to me today and said that they "see" all of us reporting it and are forwarding it to get it fixed :)

Thanks for submitting the ticket. My magic number changes, but mostly in the 50s. Changing zone or dropping out to the change char screen is the only workaround so far. Hope this gets fixed before 2x Profs.
  • Options
    b3nstoneb3nstone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Can confirm. I'm experiencing this bug also.
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Switching vendors does not seem to help. Switching zones does seem to reset the count. And a force verify did not change anything.
  • Options
    bigphatie#1960 bigphatie Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    107176: Game crashes when using vendor

Experiencing same issue...doesn't matter which vendor you try to sell to, profession vendor, or the one out in PE, after a number of items sold, game crashes. This started happening after last patch, and other guild members have same problem.
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    I assume the devs are aware of and working on this issue. I just wanted to add that both my wife and I are experiencing this crash regardless of vendor.
  • Options
    hmacairan2hmacairan2 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 16 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the report, QA has forwarded this to the devs.
  • Options
    mantepse#4221 mantepse Member Posts: 2 Arc User

107176: Game crashes when using vendor

Experiencing same issue...doesn't matter which vendor you try to sell to, profession vendor, or the one out in PE, after a number of items sold, game crashes. This started happening after last patch, and other guild members have same problem.

same here