test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stacking Stones of Health

intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
Apologies if this has been mentioned previously, couldn't see any recent posts on this.

I often find myself using Stones of Health now instead of potions as they heal you completely which is a big help in some of the new areas (mod18). However when you get down to the last few stones in a stack and then find yourself entering a dungeon I always swap them out for a new stack as i dont want to run out in a battle and find myself without healing.
So now i have several mini stacks (1 to 5) of health stones which can not be stacked together. Sometimes I delete them, sometimes i use them when i find myself in less demanding situations and can swap them out in battle.

Would it be possible to change this so they can be stacked together?

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    No. Each stone has a number of charges, which is the count on it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I feel your pain, as I have several of those in my bag.
    What I do is (when I enter a endgame dungeon/trial) slotting a full (50/200) stone and a almost depleted one..
    This gives me the change to get rid of the lower ones and always have a full one be ready, just slot a new depleted one when you have a moment to do so..
    Rinse and retreat
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It should be possible to change. They already have the code in green Archaeologist's Trowels from SKT. When you buy one, it adds its charges to an existing, if you have one.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    If something has 50 charges (new minor stone of health) and something else has 10 charges (used stone of health) there should be a way to "stack" them for 60 charges...

I can see the problem with trying to stack minor healing stones (green) with major healing stones (blue), but we were previously able to "stack" various colors of enchantment stones to refine existing stones to a higher level so stacking same color healing stones should also be possible. Aside from some possible problems of stacking minor healing stones and major healing stones together, players should be able to stack new and used stones (or multiple new stones) if they desire, it shouldn't be that much of a programming endeavor even from what little I know about programming.

At one time players were informed it would "not be possible" to stack ID scrolls beyond 99... but when VIP was introduced with ID scrolls awarded for collecting daily VIP awards, somehow somebody found a way to stack ID scrolls to 999 (go figure).

Me, I suspect this is more of a "don't want to do it" rather than a "can't do it" issue for whatever reason.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Each stone has a number of charges. You have multiple stones. I'm not seeing where the issue is. As was suggested, slot 2 stones in your belt so you can burn off the little one as needed and have a full one ready to take over.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Each stone has a number of charges. You have multiple stones. I'm not seeing where the issue is. As was suggested, slot 2 stones in your belt so you can burn off the little one as needed and have a full one ready to take over.

This workaround, which I've used many times, isn't always optimal.

There's no harm in suggesting that perhaps there is a better solution. I don't agree with @chidion idea of being able to stack minors to 60 charges.

To me the solution would be, if I have a minor stone with 10 charges and another minor stone with 30 charges, I should be allowed to merge the charges into a stone with 40 charges. Only same type of stone should be mergeable. Merging should pick up the strictest binding status to avoid someone trying to merge a BtC with a BtA stone just to have it be account bound.

That, to me, would be a win-win for all.

But either way, I can always just slot 2-3 stones in my tray to eat up stones with 1-2 charges left.
  • Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    My suggestion: remove this "X charges" nonsense, make stones of health common "individual" items that stack up to 99, just like potions.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    greywynd said:

The issue for some of us is those spaces are needed for other things. When I run a Cleric I have mass scrolls of life and when running other classes I might want to run with a buff potion for what I think will benefit be at the moment. I suppose I could open the inventory and click on something from there but it is quicker just to click a number key.

greywynd said:

This workaround, which I've used many times, isn't always optimal.

There's no harm in suggesting that perhaps there is a better solution. I don't agree with @chidion idea of being able to stack minors to 60 charges.

To me the solution would be, if I have a minor stone with 10 charges and another minor stone with 30 charges, I should be allowed to merge the charges into a stone with 40 charges. Only same type of stone should be mergeable. Merging should pick up the strictest binding status to avoid someone trying to merge a BtC with a BtA stone just to have it be account bound.

That, to me, would be a win-win for all.

But either way, I can always just slot 2-3 stones in my tray to eat up stones with 1-2 charges left.
    Umm, "merge" - "stack" the same thing only using different terms there's no difference between being able to "stack" a minor healing stone with 50 and 10 charges -vs- being able to "merge" a minor healing stone with 10 and 30 charges.

You can say you disagree with me, but basically you make the exact same case I did...

Those stones should be able to be "stacked", "merged" or combined in some fashion so as to not take up several inventory slots for each stone when if they could be combined they would only take up one inventory slot.
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    You realize that if they take the effort to change Health Stones, they are likely to nerf them at the same time right?

Hmm... Heals for 10,000 plus half of your missing health. Now stacks.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    There is no gain for Cryptic to change it. If they want to change, they may just as well make a new item something like "gem of health" (that works like health potion) instead. Easier for them to implement.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    chidion said:

Umm, "merge" - "stack" the same thing only using different terms there's no difference between being able to "stack" a minor healing stone with 50 and 10 charges -vs- being able to "merge" a minor healing stone with 10 and 30 charges.

You can say you disagree with me, but basically you make the exact same case I did...

Those stones should be able to be "stacked", "merged" or combined in some fashion so as to not take up several inventory slots for each stone when if they could be combined they would only take up one inventory slot.

There is a difference whether you want to admit it or not. In your idea, you want to take all you minor stones and STACK them beyond the 50 charge limit.

That would defeat the purpose of them having charges in the first place with a cap. I merely suggested letting you merge them to the current limit of 50. No exceeding the limit currently set while still allowing some clean up of bag space.

Either way, as was stated, be careful what you ask for around here.
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I actually agree with the thought to be able to stack those partially depleted stones to one new stone (to the current amount, eg. capped to 50 or 200), like you can do with the normal potion stacks.
    It would save me easily 10 bag spaces.
    Till then, im forced to have 2 stones slotted. as I have stated earlier.

Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    franklin223franklin223 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    They wont let you stack partially used stones because they have positioned inventory space as a premium resource to sell on the Zen store.
  • Options
    chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Yeah generally when a health stone gets below 5 charges, I just pitch it. Because I don't want to try to rely on it during a difficult fight. So just figure that in to your pricing when you buy health stones.