test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Indomitable and Serene runestones need serious improvement

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
The argument could be made that all runestones are somewhat lackluster given the cost to upgrade them, but I want to shine the spotlight on Indomitable and Serene runestones. These runestones are specifically for boosting companion effectiveness, for players who want their companions to take on some of the load of adventuring. In their current state, they are pitifully inadqeuate to the task. To me, this is not remotely a close call. They're simply lousy.

I don't want this to turn into a discussion of why a player should want their companion to do more and whether it's optimal. Some players simply find it fun, and whether it's "optimal" doesn't enter into it. The point here is that runestones whose specific purpose is to support this playstyle are inadequate for the task.
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Some would argue that they do the job just fine depending on the comp you have out.

Perhaps the issue isn't the stones effect but the damage output of 95% of companions?

Also, whether you or I think it's optimal or not, I would hazard that under no condition do the devs want players running around in afk mode while their comps are doing 90% of the heavy lifting, alternative game style or not. This to me has nothing to do with being "optimal" more so than trivializing content.

Personally, I think the issue is the majority of comps not the stones.