test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

healing in pvp & most adored paladin sigil

aoventaovent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
In 2 words its a problem of "unslay-able healer.
Basic trouble is: pve & pvp systems are not separated (exept pet slots turning off in pvp status).
That makes to devs another head-ache: "how to nerf healer but still remain it strong in pve".
Solution is pretty simple: to make "pvp battlegrounds status" also nerfing healing (from paladin sigil, healing spells & etc) when healer engaged in pvp. So healers in pve still making huge part but in pvp they will be more in line with others &.... yep i know pvp healers might hate me for that ://
Trully- theres never any balance in any mmo pvp... but still in general it will bring some more equality.

Comments

• Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    You mean like.....healing suppression in PVP? Doesn't that already exist?
  • Options

You mean like.....healing suppression in PVP? Doesn't that already exist?

well its feedback on whats going on currently. so far i aint saw any changes in this way so...
    no doubt that was written 999999999 times
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    aovent said:

Basic trouble is: pve & pvp systems are not separated (exept pet slots turning off in pvp status).
    That makes to devs another head-ache: "how to nerf healer but still remain it strong in pve".
    Solution is pretty simple: to make "pvp battlegrounds status" also nerfing healing (from paladin sigil, healing spells & etc) when healer engaged in pvp. So healers in pve still making huge part but in pvp they will be more in line with others &.... yep i know pvp healers might hate me for that ://
    Trully- theres never any balance in any mmo pvp... but still in general it will bring some more equality.

If you nerf healing for the healing builds then you need to equally buff their damage to compensate. You can't just take a way something that you think is imbalanced and not counter balance it. Thinking of just removing healing and leaving their damage where it is, puts them at a loss. It's why you always seem the same class in pvp because of thoughts like this. Nerf x class, nerf the other x class too. Then it makes one class superior to all the others even if its being played by the worst pvper in the game. It has been done so many times because the Devs listen thinking the players are requesting balance but turns out its just the standard, "All other classes need to be nerfed besides mine!" argument.

• Options
    krumple01 said:

aovent said:

If you nerf healing for the healing builds then you need to equally buff their damage to compensate. You can't just take a way something that you think is imbalanced and not counter balance it. Thinking of just removing healing and leaving their damage where it is, puts them at a loss. It's why you always seem the same class in pvp because of thoughts like this. Nerf x class, nerf the other x class too. Then it makes one class superior to all the others even if its being played by the worst pvper in the game. It has been done so many times because the Devs listen thinking the players are requesting balance but turns out its just the standard, "All other classes need to be nerfed besides mine!" argument.

do you readig before starting crashing on me? 80%- you dont.
    & yep- to nerf healing in pvp (& there only, in pve its as fine as it needed to be allready) will also affect self-healing powers & bonuses for all, not just paladin sigil & "healer classes".... but im betting u dont know that sw & dc got aswell a dps paragons & op...... well allready have very high dmg for healer paragon.
    & yep- if you see unslay-able healers as a sight of good balance- then you reminding me crying wisards after their shield nerf.... & their bawling was indeed pathetic whine of ones afraid of challenge.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    aovent said:

well its feedback on whats going on currently. so far i aint saw any changes in this way so...

Because you haven't seen any changes does not mean that there have been no changes.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1250464/uprising-preview-patch-notes-nw-115-20190715e-1/p1

From about 8 months ago, healing was reduced in PVP and the pally sigil effects were reduced all around.

Maybe you're just having problems killing people because you don't do enough damage fast enough.

The bawling of players incapable of bursting someone with the pally sigil was indeed pathetic.
  • Options

aovent said:

Because you haven't seen any changes does not mean that there have been no changes.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1250464/uprising-preview-patch-notes-nw-115-20190715e-1/p1

From about 8 months ago, healing was reduced in PVP and the pally sigil effects were reduced all around.

Maybe you're just having problems killing people because you don't do enough damage fast enough.

The bawling of players incapable of bursting someone with the pally sigil was indeed pathetic.
    well i dont need to kill any1 till il not get something worthy for my time. + u do know what happens when few pala sigils radius crossed right?
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    It might be interesting to do a trial PvP format that does the following:

Start of combat: -50% all damage

Every 30 seconds... +5% to damage (increasing every 30 seconds)

This would change tactics according to time and ensure a decisive finish. While at the start all damage is -50%, it would increase to normal by the 5 minute mark... and to +50% by the 10 minute mark. I'm not saying this should be the format of all PvP, but maybe it would a fun variant and lead to some new understanding.