test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My opinions on the game and some issues I've been having.

reaperofsouls89#3425 reaperofsouls89 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited February 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
New player, been playing for like a good month or 2 so bare with me.

In my opinion the game is good. However, it can use some improvement. Like for instance the rAD refinement limit per day is bogus. I work hard for the rAD to make AD to buy gear for my character but it takes day's to level one thing up. Like it'll take 3 enchanting stones rank 5 with a 30% chance of success, each stone roughly about 30k AD, so close to the daily limit only to have it fail and have to wait till tomorrow to buy more stones. Some of these enchants will have 10% chances where if you don't spend $$$ for wards tough luck. Could buy 99 in the AH but that's near 1M AD maybe higher can't remember. The limit should've capped at about 250k-500k a day that can be refined. Not play for 2 hours, sometimes 5, running dungeons and then you've reached the limit for the day. Also, with this limit there isn't anything like waiting 10 days to buy something you wanted sooner.

Instances for the randoms take too long, could be because not very many players playing the game anymore? Then after waiting 10-15 minutes to get into one you get into one where players don't know what they're doing and now you've just wasted more time because it fails. It's challenging enough with new players in the instance but whats the point of extra rAD rewards for having them if they end up not listening to what you are telling them? The rewards aren't even worth it, IMO. Only good thing out of them is the rAD until you can get into the better instances. Good luck with that as stated earlier on the limit. CODG is broken like once you've made it down the elevator finally, I mean finally because most don't know what they're doing, don't go down at all! If you go down as the cut scene starts, goodbye! You think, "oh, once the cut scenes over they'll pick me up." WRONG! You go down before the cut scene you might as well leave the instance because the timer on your revive doesn't stop on the cut scene. So, when its finally over you get to sit on your thumb and pray they complete it. Someone's game took a poo and they DC but before they get the chance to log back in someone starts it, you're down a player. Another thing that ticks me off is the players that have the well about to drop on them, they run it to the group and drop it on us all.

Campaigns are a hassle, some take 20 hours to complete one task. Don't even get me started on the tyranny of dragons campaign, 20 hours to complete 1/5 on 1. So far I'm 60% completed so roughly 380 hours there. Then there is the campaigns that have a weekly haul of 100 and it takes 175 to complete a task , oh but once you do complete that task it give you a reward of 25+ whatever item is in that campaign. So you can almost complete the next one but not quite just yet you have to do another week and then another for the next task and so on. I think I have 3 campaigns completed out besides getting the boons in some.

Now as a ranger I have a couple suggestions, penetrating arrows. You can move while firing but not with other at-wills, then there's the if you are slightly above the target they just shoot over the enemy's head but not the other at-wills? You all should make it so all the range at-wills you can move while firing, makes no sense I can do it with one and not the others. Also, fix that issue with it shooting above their heads I hate, hate, hate, that it shoots over their heads. Storm strike is a little slow to be a at-will, feel like I'm throwing toilet paper at the enemy as they pummel my face in. I can shoot electric arrows faster and have more damage and more aoe.

On to the last segment of my rant, bugs. Sound will randomly cut out, disconnects sometimes saying I've been idle for longer than 15 minutes after loading into a map/dungeon/trial/skrimish, and the screen will often shake like I am in an earthquake with no reason to shake and its not a one time thing it'll do this until I re-log. Then there is an issue that I have only noticed when trying to follow what I was taught in the start of the game where I can select a quest path by clicking alt and double clicking on the quest on my right that I want to follow. When I do this I can no longer switch stances, jump, or dodge attacks until I have opened my character and removed then replaced an item. Hate that the quest I want to follow is two quests below the one I'm previously on and I have to go into the journal, scroll through the locations, find the quest I want to follow, and then click on it that way to bypass the headache.

That pretty much sums up on what I feel. For a free game its expected to have some issues but when its a micro-transaction hell hole you'd think you all would be able to develop a little better. For those of us you can't spend the $$$ to beat the game we are stuck grinding our butts off for what, a cap on how many AD's we can make a day? Trash items from instances? Same items over and over again? One last thing I just remembered all this epic gear that binds to your account, bogus. Want to sell it in the auction house? Nope not allowed to make AD that way, so we'll bind it to your account so you can't. Oh, but here's this rare piece of equipment that may or may not sell for 20 AD's. Done, almost feel bad I paid the $10 for VIP. I'm going to continuing playing but I feel like it's going to get old soon and then on to the next game.

Comments

• Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    [Note - Preservation Wards are like 8000AD on the auction house so upgrading on a 30% chance will only cost a handful of Pres Wards - cant be bothered to log in and check but its less than 10 - so max cost to upgrade on 30% chance is less than a days AD]
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    A stack of 99 is currently about 945k.

There is too much AD in the game's economy. That is the main reason for the 100k refine limit.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User

New player, been playing for like a good month or 2 so bare with me.

In my opinion the game is good. However, it can use some improvement. Like for instance the rAD refinement limit per day is bogus. I work hard for the rAD to make AD to buy gear for my character but it takes day's to level one thing up. Like it'll take 3 enchanting stones rank 5 with a 30% chance of success, each stone roughly about 30k AD, so close to the daily limit only to have it fail and have to wait till tomorrow to buy more stones. Some of these enchants will have 10% chances where if you don't spend $$$ for wards tough luck. Could buy 99 in the AH but that's near 1M AD maybe higher can't remember. The limit should've capped at about 250k-500k a day that can be refined. Not play for 2 hours, sometimes 5, running dungeons and then you've reached the limit for the day. Also, with this limit there isn't anything like waiting 10 days to buy something you wanted sooner.

Raising the daily refinement cap would only cause prices on the AH to go up. If you think 1 million AD is bad for a stack of 99 pres wards then raising the cap from 100k to 250k would cause that same stack of 99 pres wards to go up to 2.5 million AD. Raising it to 500 would cause that same stack of 99 pres wards to go up to 5 million AD. Raising the cap only causes prices to increase. It's the same issue with raising the minimum wage

Instances for the randoms take too long, could be because not very many players playing the game anymore? Then after waiting 10-15 minutes to get into one you get into one where players don't know what they're doing and now you've just wasted more time because it fails. It's challenging enough with new players in the instance but whats the point of extra rAD rewards for having them if they end up not listening to what you are telling them? The rewards aren't even worth it, IMO. Only good thing out of them is the rAD until you can get into the better instances. Good luck with that as stated earlier on the limit. CODG is broken like once you've made it down the elevator finally, I mean finally because most don't know what they're doing, don't go down at all! If you go down as the cut scene starts, goodbye! You think, "oh, once the cut scenes over they'll pick me up." WRONG! You go down before the cut scene you might as well leave the instance because the timer on your revive doesn't stop on the cut scene. So, when its finally over you get to sit on your thumb and pray they complete it. Someone's game took a poo and they DC but before they get the chance to log back in someone starts it, you're down a player. Another thing that ticks me off is the players that have the well about to drop on them, they run it to the group and drop it on us all.

The queue taking time for you? I can safely assume you are playing a DPS class. If you play a healer or a tank, the queues pop so fast, you almost never have to wait. It's because the number of DPS classes sitting in queue is probably 10 times larger than that of healer or tank build characters queuing.

As far as CODG goes, it almost seems you are unaware of how the mechanics work. I am saying this because your description of events suggest you are unfamiliar with it. The hangups with that run are simple really. Hit the skulls from behind so that they fly and hit the ghost. The person who is dragging the skull via the connected green line needs to move towards the ghost. The ghost will also move positions so it's not always in the same spot. But the key is, players need to hit it from behind. If they hit it from the side it causes the skull to fly off to the side and miss the ghost.

Then in phase 2 of the elevator, with the cubes, they need to be dragged near the gears and then killed. 1 gear per cube, and there are 4 gears that need to be coated with gelatin. You can visually see which gears are coated because they will be covered in a green slime. The simple issue here is players kill the cube in the center just after it spawns. This can cause a fail over something so simple as not attacking in the middle and letting the trash mobs come out of the center to chase who has aggro. Allowing the person who is dragging the cube to pull them over to the appropriate gear.

Campaigns are a hassle, some take 20 hours to complete one task. Don't even get me started on the tyranny of dragons campaign, 20 hours to complete 1/5 on 1. So far I'm 60% completed so roughly 380 hours there. Then there is the campaigns that have a weekly haul of 100 and it takes 175 to complete a task , oh but once you do complete that task it give you a reward of 25+ whatever item is in that campaign. So you can almost complete the next one but not quite just yet you have to do another week and then another for the next task and so on. I think I have 3 campaigns completed out besides getting the boons in some.

I have 8 characters and all of them are completely done with all their campaigns. I find it insulting and funny that new players complain about the campaigns and their time to completion, when in the past some of them took even longer to complete. So you want the quick route but what about the rest of the player base who slugged through them? Tyranny of dragons is easy, you haven't even mentioned the hell that is Storm Kings Thunder. If you think Tyranny is bad, just wait until you start doing it. Or perhaps even worse is Cloaked Ascendancy.

Now as a ranger I have a couple suggestions, penetrating arrows. You can move while firing but not with other at-wills, then there's the if you are slightly above the target they just shoot over the enemy's head but not the other at-wills? You all should make it so all the range at-wills you can move while firing, makes no sense I can do it with one and not the others. Also, fix that issue with it shooting above their heads I hate, hate, hate, that it shoots over their heads. Storm strike is a little slow to be a at-will, feel like I'm throwing toilet paper at the enemy as they pummel my face in. I can shoot electric arrows faster and have more damage and more aoe.

Yeah it has been stated many times to the Devs that Ranger ranged abilities need to be improved. There were even issues with ranger where their first opening attack would do zero damage. Doesn't matter which encounter you use, it would do zero damage. But I agree with you, that all the ranger ranged encounters and at wills need to be buffed up to compete with the rest of the range classes. It's a shame that the ranger has some of the weakest ranged damage despite it's name.

On to the last segment of my rant, bugs. Sound will randomly cut out, disconnects sometimes saying I've been idle for longer than 15 minutes after loading into a map/dungeon/trial/skrimish, and the screen will often shake like I am in an earthquake with no reason to shake and its not a one time thing it'll do this until I re-log. Then there is an issue that I have only noticed when trying to follow what I was taught in the start of the game where I can select a quest path by clicking alt and double clicking on the quest on my right that I want to follow. When I do this I can no longer switch stances, jump, or dodge attacks until I have opened my character and removed then replaced an item. Hate that the quest I want to follow is two quests below the one I'm previously on and I have to go into the journal, scroll through the locations, find the quest I want to follow, and then click on it that way to bypass the headache.

Interesting bug, I have never experienced that. But I agree there are bugs that never get addressed even after hundreds of players reporting them. It seems bug fixing takes a back seat to everything else, "If we have spare time and someone is in the mood to squash bugs, then we will get to 1 or 2 per month." Meanwhile they introduced 5 more in that time.

That pretty much sums up on what I feel. For a free game its expected to have some issues but when its a micro-transaction hell hole you'd think you all would be able to develop a little better. For those of us you can't spend the $$$ to beat the game we are stuck grinding our butts off for what, a cap on how many AD's we can make a day? Trash items from instances? Same items over and over again? One last thing I just remembered all this epic gear that binds to your account, bogus. Want to sell it in the auction house? Nope not allowed to make AD that way, so we'll bind it to your account so you can't. Oh, but here's this rare piece of equipment that may or may not sell for 20 AD's. Done, almost feel bad I paid the $10 for VIP. I'm going to continuing playing but I feel like it's going to get old soon and then on to the next game.

You are not alone at all with these feelings of how the game currently sits. However; I still push the premise that you never have to spend any money on the game and that if you are spending anything it should only be on VIP. There are things that you can sell that are rewards from the dungeons and not bound to account. But I do agree with you and think NOTHING should be bound at all peroid. However; this game design and theory thinks if nothing is bound the no one will play for anything. It's simply not the case. I can point out 5 games specifically that never had bound items and players still ran content. The thing is the current structure is designed to force you into feeling you need to spend money to get a head or to be competitive.

• Options

[Note - Preservation Wards are like 8000AD on the auction house so upgrading on a 30% chance will only cost a handful of Pres Wards - cant be bothered to log in and check but its less than 10 - so max cost to upgrade on 30% chance is less than a days AD]

You are right, however. 3 enchanting stones rank 5 about 30k AD each so about 90k AD, leaves about 10K AD left to buy 1 ward for the day and in my experience does notta. So to upgrade effectively I would have to spend 90K for stones one day and then about, lets say 5 wards, about 45k the next in wards to insure and upgrade. Hoping it only uses the 1 or 2 wards so I have some left over.

• Options
    greywynd said:

A stack of 99 is currently about 945k.

There is too much AD in the game's economy. That is the main reason for the 100k refine limit.

As I can see this being an issue for veteran players who have been playing since before mod 15 or 16. It is kind of a punishment for new players whose AD account balance is 0 trying to build their characters up to better stats. Since I've hit 80 I have been non-stop trying to level up artifacts and enchantments, I have maybe spent close or more to 2m AD and the best Ive gotten is both main and off hand weapons to legendary and 2 artifacts to epic. Im still missing items for my characters build that I wont see until at least 6 days time has passed of me logging in to collect that 100k limit each day or to play for countless hours to gain 600k rAD and then just log in once a day to refine. Also, whats the limit have anything to do with those who already have millions? Its not like they are going to buy out the auction house or anything. If a player has max build or close to max build they have no reason to spend any AD's. I still can't seem to grasp the reason behind the argument on the limit we are allowed to refine a day. Its kind of killing the game for me.
  • Options

You are right, however. 3 enchanting stones rank 5 about 30k AD each so about 90k AD, leaves about 10K AD left to buy 1 ward for the day and in my experience does notta. So to upgrade effectively I would have to spend 90K for stones one day and then about, lets say 5 wards, about 45k the next in wards to insure and upgrade. Hoping it only uses the 1 or 2 wards so I have some left over.

The thing is you are talking about just your perspective. If you have been playing for years or years or from the start of the game. Are you aware of how many times we veteran players have had to switch enchantments? Where we spent millions of AD upgrading enchantments to have them be nerfed or switched and we have to rebuild new enchantments.

Simply put, buying your enchantment upgrade items can be bypassed if you just buy the already completed enchantment and sell your previous rank.

Example:

You have a rank 10 Radiant enchant. Instead of buying the enchanting stones or pres wards. Just buy the Rank 11 and sell your rank 10. Or if you still need that rank 10 in another slot, slot it there until you have all your enchantments covered. Then just save AD and buy the next rank you need and sell the previous rank.

You save millions of AD doing this, and your fail rate goes to zero and your success rate goes to 100%. You don't need to spend anything on pres wards.

This doesn't always work out though. So spend some time running the math on the auction house. Figure out what materials you need and factor in a fail rate on pres wards. If it's cheaper to buy the enchantment already ranked do that. The problem with this system is players assume the best odds on failure rate and neglect to factor it into their calculations correctly.

If you think that is all too much effort. Then you should have to struggle like the rest of us and wait until you have the AD to by your MoPs and Enc stones like the rest of us have had to do over many years. Otherwise these are just new player tears suck it up like the rest of us have.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I would just say it is the natural course of all the players. Everybody was a new player. If you say this is expensive and the cap is low, it was more expensive and the cap was way lower before. The daily cap per character was 24K rAD and the stuff was more expensive than now. Then, people used multiple characters to bypass the per character AD refinement limit. Then, that became a 100K account cap. For those who played one or two characters, the 100K account cap was way bigger than 24K/48K cap.

Now, the refinement has a success cap. There was no success cap before. It was RNG. You can fail 'forever' for the 10% chance. The current refinement is also way cheaper. Before, you needed a 2nd enchantment as a regent.
    e.g. right now, to make a r9, you need a r8 and some refinement stones etc.
    Before, you needed 2 r8 and some refinement stone.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    reaperofsouls89#3425 reaperofsouls89 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    krumple01 said:

As far as CODG goes, it almost seems you are unaware of how the mechanics work. I am saying this because your description of events suggest you are unfamiliar with it. The hangups with that run are simple really. Hit the skulls from behind so that they fly and hit the ghost. The person who is dragging the skull via the connected green line needs to move towards the ghost. The ghost will also move positions so it's not always in the same spot. But the key is, players need to hit it from behind. If they hit it from the side it causes the skull to fly off to the side and miss the ghost.

Then in phase 2 of the elevator, with the cubes, they need to be dragged near the gears and then killed. 1 gear per cube, and there are 4 gears that need to be coated with gelatin. You can visually see which gears are coated because they will be covered in a green slime. The simple issue here is players kill the cube in the center just after it spawns. This can cause a fail over something so simple as not attacking in the middle and letting the trash mobs come out of the center to chase who has aggro. Allowing the person who is dragging the cube to pull them over to the appropriate gear.

Hopefully that works, lol dont know how you quoted segments of my original post and broke them up like that. But, I do know the mechanics behind CODG as I am a quick learner and pieced it together in 2 matches. My argument was the cut scene is atrocious, if you go down just before it no one has the chance to revive you. Then because you are forced to watch the same cut scene, you come back as completely dead so now you are out of the fight. IMO, the cut scene should pause your revive timer or bring you back as if someone had revived you, or allow players to skip the cut scene. I don't go down at all in the elevator but the second that elevator lands its usually always just before the cut scene and if not then I go down a lot in the boss fight due to players dropping the wells on me and of course when it inhales and exhales throwing me off the ledge, which I have gotten better at counteracting.

AD limit increased would cause prices to rocket up. Campaigns are about the experience not the quick fix like I would hope them to be. Not like a super quick fix just something a little less grindy. Then we can both agree the ranger needs a fix lol. Nothing like building a character up that you normally play in all RPG's, only to find out its the worst to have. DPS in randoms, I can see how that would affect the timer to get into one being higher. All and all thank you for helping bring good arguments to the table to give me a better understanding. I truly appreciated your post.

Oh and I have looked at the storm king's campaign and am not looking forward to doing that.
  • Options
    krumple01 said:

Otherwise these are just new player tears suck it up like the rest of us have.

I got a good kick out of this lol. I see your point I didnt think about what you described in if I had a rank 10 instead of wasting time and AD trying to get it to 11 I could sell off the 10 to buy the 11 and save time with less of a headache. Still a pain to get these artifact equipment up though. You're also right I didnt do any research into how tough the veteran players must've had it before I even started playing. Now they see all this stuff that has changed, that theyve already completed, and now looks easy for new players, to them, and have to listen to us complain with no knowledge of how tough it was before. These are the comments I appreciate because they open my eyes and help me to see maybe I don't have it so bad and give pretty good advice. Thank you.
  • Options
    Regarding Storm King's Thunder, Genie's Gifts are your friend.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    Also, if you haven't, find a guild. Some of them help new players with little things like gear, enchants, reagents for refining...
  • Options

Hopefully that works, lol dont know how you quoted segments of my original post and broke them up like that. But, I do know the mechanics behind CODG as I am a quick learner and pieced it together in 2 matches. My argument was the cut scene is atrocious, if you go down just before it no one has the chance to revive you. Then because you are forced to watch the same cut scene, you come back as completely dead

Yep. I have experienced this several times myself. Dying just before a cut scene gets triggered and you perma die because no one can actually get to you. I 100% agree with you that all cut scenes should be skipable. The funny thing is, Cryptic devs claim that most of the cut scenes can't be skipped because they are using the scene to "hide something". Probably teleporting the player or something like that. But I think its more than that, over the years I have learned to read between the lines when ever a Dev gives us some excuse why something can't be changed. I think the real reason is the cut scenes are hard coded in. So they can't be skipped or it would break something else.

AD limit increased would cause prices to rocket up. Campaigns are about the experience not the quick fix like I would hope them to be. Not like a super quick fix just something a little less grindy. Then we can both agree the ranger needs a fix lol. Nothing like building a character up that you normally play in all RPG's, only to find out its the worst to have. DPS in randoms, I can see how that would affect the timer to get into one being higher. All and all thank you for helping bring good arguments to the table to give me a better understanding. I truly appreciated your post.

Yeah the campaigns need to be redone. Chris the new Exec Producer for Cryptic has mentioned in passing that they were entertaining the idea of "ripping out the campaigns" and redoing them, rebuilding them and creating some kind of progressive story woven into them to link them together. If this is a future plan, it might change how much time investment is required to complete them.

The real thing Cryptic needs to do, is make more meaningful astral diamond sinks. Things we can spend AD on that gives the character value. Right now there are so few sinks, it causes players to just continuously bank astral diamonds which causes the prices on the AH to slowly creep up and up and up. Intelligent players discover that the sinks that current exist in the game don't give any value in return or are just not worth even considering. Like the companion upgrade AD sink. There are cheaper ways to get around this and many players figure it out very very quickly rendering the sink useless. Or the 5 million AD workshop upgrade. We need more worthwhile AD sinks. This will bring down the banked AD and cause the prices to actually come down on the AH.

Oh and I have looked at the storm king's campaign and am not looking forward to doing that.

I feel your pain though. I think one reason cryptic doesn't actually make these campaigns more fun or at least bearable to grind out, is because they want you to feel its painful, that its dreaded so you will open your wallet and buy a campaign completion token. So they purposely make these campaigns take for ever and are boring and tedious so you will spend money.

• Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    The good thing about storm king camp now is that they removed the everfrost from the game. New players will go into that and have a much easier time then those of us that went there when it was present.
    As for upgrading enchants I would advice that you add up how much AD it would take you to rank it 1 rank and if the AD amount is higher then that rank in the AH just buy the upgrading rank.
    I will however say that if we are talking about low level ranks then do dread ring and run those mini solo dungeons on the weekend using your script to buy your lair keys and farm those rank 5 and lower enchanting stones.
    This same method can also be used to obtain your self a reasonable size amount of AH.
    If we are talking about higher rank then yes your right it cost alot of AD but we all had to go thru it.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    It is actually easier to get SKT boon than before. The biggest issue I have with SKT is SoMI. Now, I can get all the SKT boons without stepping foot into SoMI with the help of Legacy campaign. I only have one toon that did SoMI to complete SKT campaign "naturally". The other 5 got the SKT boons without going to SoMI and without doing too much in Bryn Shander/Lonelywood/Cold Run. I actually consider to get my toons to finish "100%" of the campaign casually for the completeness (you can get all the SKT boons without finish 100% of the campaign).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    This is almost true for all the campaigns though. You really do not need to complete them all at a 100% to obtain each boon in the game. The completion I feel was mostly to unlock the dungeon and to have things completed.
  • Options

krumple01 said:

Otherwise these are just new player tears suck it up like the rest of us have.

I got a good kick out of this lol. I see your point I didnt think about what you described in if I had a rank 10 instead of wasting time and AD trying to get it to 11 I could sell off the 10 to buy the 11 and save time with less of a headache. Still a pain to get these artifact equipment up though. You're also right I didnt do any research into how tough the veteran players must've had it before I even started playing. Now they see all this stuff that has changed, that theyve already completed, and now looks easy for new players, to them, and have to listen to us complain with no knowledge of how tough it was before. These are the comments I appreciate because they open my eyes and help me to see maybe I don't have it so bad and give pretty good advice. Thank you.
    It's good to hear that you are starting to get the idea. So just to keep pushing this idea. If you farm up tradable enchanting and marks of potency and don't use them for enchants and only save them for your artifacts then eventually you won't need them anymore unless you get a new artifact. Essentially I am saying if you use the trick I pointed out, you can sell all your stones for net gain and you don't even need to worry about wasting pres wards.

Upgrading artifacts is painful but not as bad as enchantments. Also to go along with this. It means all those Refinement Gems that you pick up can also be sold in bulk for more profit. You don't need refinement if you are done upgrading your artifacts. So might as well save all those gems and only use them if you need some refinement and then sell the rest on the auction house.

• Options
    krumple01 said:

It's good to hear that you are starting to get the idea. So just to keep pushing this idea. If you farm up tradable enchanting and marks of potency and don't use them for enchants and only save them for your artifacts then eventually you won't need them anymore unless you get a new artifact. Essentially I am saying if you use the trick I pointed out, you can sell all your stones for net gain and you don't even need to worry about wasting pres wards.

Upgrading artifacts is painful but not as bad as enchantments. Also to go along with this. It means all those Refinement Gems that you pick up can also be sold in bulk for more profit. You don't need refinement if you are done upgrading your artifacts. So might as well save all those gems and only use them if you need some refinement and then sell the rest on the auction house.

Hey, you all have gave me some pretty good advice. But after last night and tonight's fiasco of trying to do some trials, I think I'm going to take a break.