test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Inspect someone causes choppy lag

b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
When I (have confirmed with a few others) inspect someone... the game chops.. drags and lags.. close the window of inspect .. all is fine.

Comments

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    this happened to us once. every time ppl in the party tried to inspect a particular player we'd be dropped out to the start screen (xbox) this happened to multiple ppl. it became a dare to check this particular guy out before people were like nuh huh
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    This is also related to what was already called 'chat lag' :D as soon as you inspect somebody even the chat lags, typing too. As soon as I close that one window it is fine, no matter if I have something else (or several) open.
    Game takes care of stalkers now :P
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    I've tried to reproduce how to fix it but it's almost always there.. sometimes it's not.. almost like the inspect has to cache the info on the user somewhere.
  • Options
    some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    This is related to the CoDG crash issue I believe. There's a problem with the game transferring data to the shader cache. I expect a fix for this soon.

btw this doesn't belong in general discussion...it's a bug.
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    The issue for inspecting someone is caused when trying to inspect someone who is not in the same instance you are in, whether that be PE, Avernus, or a dungeon. Whether it relates to the drop in framerate sometimes experienced in CoDG, I cannot say, but the effect is similar. Yes, this belongs in the bug category, and has been reported multiple times; real headache.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

The issue for inspecting someone is caused when trying to inspect someone who is not in the same instance you are in, whether that be PE, Avernus, or a dungeon. Whether it relates to the drop in framerate sometimes experienced in CoDG, I cannot say, but the effect is similar. Yes, this belongs in the bug category, and has been reported multiple times; real headache.

for the thing I was talking about the guy we were all trying to inspect was in the same instance as the rest of us. we were at the campfire of tomm
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I have tested this issue as well and found it almost impossible to close the inspection window. I found Escape key worked the best. This module is full of picky little bugs dragging the game down. Should I bother asking, if anyone posted this where it should be in the bugs section of the forum, and filed a trouble ticket with the system?

Time to change my siggy once again...
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Yup kinda frustrating if you have the agro bug in a boss fight
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)