test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Death during last battle in devils hold vault puts you outside the door and can't complete mission

locowetalocoweta Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Like it says, during the Escape the Area part, death puts you outside the closed doors, can't complete, and exiting restarts entire thing

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    "I will show you where it is. It will stay open until you complete your quest or fail."
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    If it's the mission I'm thinking of then note that you can lure that last group of enemies out, run around the pit then get back and open the door (which is the last "step" to win the quest) without fighting them. Once the door is open, dying doesn't matter though you probably won't as you can just run up the stairs and exit before the enemies catch you.

I'm on the fence if this one is bad design - it certainly is a bug if it was unintended (though any one who made foundry quests would have foreseen the problem), but being set in hell maybe they did want to put a "screw you" to the players if they failed in that section.

Either they fix it by removing the door, or as I said - just don't bother fighting that group if you can't win in under 5 seconds. It's faster to lure them away (preferably if they fall and get stuck in the pit, but that's rare).
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • Options
    dtzdtz Member Posts: 174 Arc User

I'm on the fence if this one is bad design - it certainly is a bug if it was unintended (though any one who made foundry quests would have foreseen the problem), but being set in hell maybe they did want to put a "screw you" to the players if they failed in that section.

I'm not. It's bad design; full stop. Having to leave and reset your progress on the map isn't a "screw you because Hell" situation, it's a "you're screwed because of a bug" situation.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild, now archived on Youtube!