test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Story teller Books

sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
edited February 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
So the last Grand retelling took place in November 2019. The 3 books, including envenomed are by far the BiS artifact set that you should equip for most of the classes and in fact, envenomed is probably 80% of the times used as BiS artifact for personal choice.

Annual events like Grand retelling really Hamster up new players or even those players who may misjudge the importance of the Books (which i must say is not very apparent at first glance).

Even those who want to make fresh alts do not have access to envenomed and it really puts you off when you want to think about taking an Alt to end game, since you already have Insigs and enchants.

Can we please have the books implemented permanently into the game or maybe have Grand Retelling event every 3 months or so? You should never limit BiS gear annually within the game. @noworries#8859

Comments

• Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    sobi#1980 said:

So the last Grand retelling took place in November 2019. The 3 books, including envenomed are by far the BiS artifact set that you should equip for most of the classes and in fact, envenomed is probably 80% of the times used as BiS artifact for personal choice.

Annual events like Grand retelling really Hamster up new players or even those players who may misjudge the importance of the Books (which i must say is not very apparent at first glance).

Even those who want to make fresh alts do not have access to envenomed and it really puts you off when you want to think about taking an Alt to end game, since you already have Insigs and enchants.

Can we please have the books implemented permanently into the game or maybe have Grand Retelling event every 3 months or so? You should never limit BiS gear annually within the game. @noworries#8859

Although I agree with you. The event design was terrible. When it was first released, disconnects were rampant. So much so that even though I wanted to experience the old dungeons again for nostalgia, I just couldn't. I got so frustrated from people in the party disconnecting and it wasn't their fault.

It should have never been designed that if a party member gets disconnected they couldn't re-enter the dungeon to rejoin the party. It should have always been designed like the regular dungeons where if you are disconnected you can rejoin or the party can replace you. All they would of had to do was make it quest driven completions. So you set the event up where you can complete 5 times right. But you can only join with people who are on the same phase which triggers the difficulty. If you had 3 completions, you could only join other players who were working on their 4th completion.

This solves so many problems if they had designed it like this. For one, players don't always have the time to run 5 dungeons back to back. My suggestion would allow players to run it once and continue another day. Or if they get disconnected during a run and can't get back in, in time they could pick back up by joining a new party working on the same phase.

They could easily make this a weekly event once a month and I am sure the community would welcome it openly. Not only that but like the OP points out, it would allow players who are just joining the game or are relatively new a chance at the same gear. Or allowing you to obtain this gear with alts.

So many design ideas cryptic comes up with are so poorly thought out that problems arise that could have easily been dealt with had they taken the time to weigh the consequences of the design structure.

• Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I wasn't a fan of having to run all 5 rounds. If you're good enough to run a 5, you should just be able to start at round 5. This event takes too much time and makes it impossible to run on other toons if you have other things like a life, a job, a family, etc.
  • Options

I wasn't a fan of having to run all 5 rounds. If you're good enough to run a 5, you should just be able to start at round 5. This event takes too much time and makes it impossible to run on other toons if you have other things like a life, a job, a family, etc.

Imagine then making this an annual event. You're adding to my worries.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I could have sworn that whiteside hinted at it coming back in the maintenance stream.
  • Options
    gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Well, you had 2 chances last year. One the whole year and one at the end. Envenomed was important from the first tod (march last year), and they even gave you a chance (much easier) to get it again. If you want them to give you the artifact anytime by killing 5 redcaps thats a complete different subject. But you cant complain that they didnt give u enough chances
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Well, you had 2 chances last year. One the whole year and one at the end. Envenomed was important from the first tod (march last year), and they even gave you a chance (much easier) to get it again. If you want them to give you the artifact anytime by killing 5 redcaps thats a complete different subject. But you cant complain that they didnt give u enough chances

I joined this game in July 2019 and so in fact i only had one chance. However, at the time of the grand retelling i.e. last November i would still consider my self inept in the game because i was just started to get the hang of the game. In fact, at that time i had massive internet issues and a potato PC which i was saving up for a new one. So in reality i never did have a chance. I have given sufficient reasons as to why someone might miss these events.

So considering the books are by far the BiS artifact set, i don't see why we don't get more opportunities? That is not to say i am moaning about that we were not given chances, but i do believe it would help us all if this event was made more frequent.
    Post edited by sobi#1980 on
  • Options

I could have sworn that whiteside hinted at it coming back in the maintenance stream.

Thanks! I just checked the maintenance stream and at 42:07 chris does indeed say that they are currently looking into tales event. In fact, the last tales event left a negative impact so I can imagine another one coming soon. So many people i know would be delighted to get the event back and grind the books.