test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

mod 18

our calendar cuts off feb 10th.. so new mod drops for us on the 11th? whens the announcement after it's live on pc?

Comments

• Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User

our calendar cuts off feb 10th.. so new mod drops for us on the 11th? whens the announcement after it's live on pc?

I'm assuming the maintenance next week will update stuff. Otherwise.... :(
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

I don't expect the next mod until march 3rd at the earliest. They will need to patch the major bugs found/introduced on pc before a console release where extra patches cost them money. Of course, if everything goes smooth it could be sooner. But, when was the last time we had a smooth launch? It has been quite awhile.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    zephyriah said:

I don't expect the next mod until march 3rd at the earliest. They will need to patch the major bugs found/introduced on pc before a console release where extra patches cost them money. Of course, if everything goes smooth it could be sooner. But, when was the last time we had a smooth launch? It has been quite awhile.
    I don't have the numbers but it seems like console has been a lot closer to release with pc for the last year. not every time but a good portion we've been within a month or a month and a half. I think they've tightened things up. really though I'm just going off the calendar. it seems pretty stable that calendar stops, new mod drops.

that said, they've really screwed with my expectations since thanksgiving... so who knows
  • Options
    hotlafi#4843 hotlafi Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I was guessing late February. I did notice we receive patches a lot closer to pc lately. I think we got* one before them this week.

Btw, please fix Warlock AP gain, cast times, and soul spark generation. Also, creeping death on the feat "tree". Thanks. Love you lots. Heck of a job guys! Outstanding!
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    They have stopped doing it that way with the calendar for a long time, probably due to accurate guesses. Calendar now is almost always supposed to go 6 weeks out. It's not an accurate indicator of when a new mod is coming anymore.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    by my count it's 23 days out. that's no where near 6 weeks. and it's been there for awhile now.
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I'd be shocked if mod 18 hit console before march. Pleasantly surprised at a shortened cycle- yes, but still shocked.

I figured that the calendar hasn't been updated much as the last 2 times I've seen things on it 6 weeks out, it changed at the last second and the event, or bonus I was waiting for got cancelled.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

I'd be shocked if mod 18 hit console before march. Pleasantly surprised at a shortened cycle- yes, but still shocked.

I figured that the calendar hasn't been updated much as the last 2 times I've seen things on it 6 weeks out, it changed at the last second and the event, or bonus I was waiting for got cancelled.

this calendar usually goes quite away out. it always has. the only time it hasnt' is before a mod drop. having three things on it is very very unusual. if it's not a mod drop they should be looking at it because it's broken
  • Options
    I'm guessing nothing got put on it too far out as they are still getting back to post holiday rhythm, and they're busy getting new mod ready for tuesday...
  • Options

I'm guessing nothing got put on it too far out as they are still getting back to post holiday rhythm, and they're busy getting new mod ready for tuesday...

every year month in month out... it's never altered.. I've been here watching the calendar since 2015.. this is new, if it's not mod drop. the ONLY time it happens is mod drop. they don't get behind due to holidays on the calendar. not like this. I'm pretty sure the calendar is planned out thru the next year already long ago.

• Options
    bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Isnt there usually a 2x exp event the week before a mod drop? That's what I usually watch for...

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Isnt there usually a 2x exp event the week before a mod drop? That's what I usually watch for...

Used to be. Last few mods the 2X XP was the week of, or week after. So, that is no longer a solid indicator.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User

by my count it's 23 days out. that's no where near 6 weeks. and it's been there for awhile now.

For whatever it worth, PC calendar cut off at Feb 18.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

For whatever it worth, PC calendar cut off at Feb 18.
    maybe the game shuts off then :#
  • Options
    Oh it better not, I a pile of money in at my birthday, and then some more over turkey day weekend. Granted I'm not planning for much coin into the game in 2020, but we'll see if I find something that excites me in the Zen market this year....
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    feb 25th. I was 2 weeks off. that's not bad as far as oracles go.. I get a cookie. @hotlafi#4843 gets 2 cookies
  • Options
    WOW, only just over one month after pc. I don't think it's ever been that fast has it?
  • Options

WOW, only just over one month after pc. I don't think it's ever been that fast has it?

mod 16 was wasn't it? I thought 17 was as well.
  • Options
    I thought mod 16 was june for console, while pc got it in may. I think 17 was aug for pc, and oct for console. But it may have only bee 6 weeks in between I dunno. I haven't keeping that close an eye on the differences in the release dates.