test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tiefling

With the upcoming mod 18 coming home for Warlocks. How about activating the Tiefling natural immunity to fire, still a little surprised to fire eating away my HP in under mountain. Just one more adjustment to add to the Warlock list.

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

With the upcoming mod 18 coming home for Warlocks. How about activating the Tiefling natural immunity to fire, still a little surprised to fire eating away my HP in under mountain. Just one more adjustment to add to the Warlock list.

Unfortunately, you're thinking too hard.

Yes, the race might have immunity to Fire in the tabletop game, but if passive doesn't show up on the character creation tab, the bonus doesn't exist in game.

Also worth noting that universal Fire damage, or most elemental damage in general don't confer any different properties besides "hurts the enemy with a difference special effect".

Sure, there are the occasional elemental powers/attacks which have a logical buff/debuff associated with them (ex: Tiamat Black Head's Acid Breath debuffing your damage resistance), but those bonuses/penalties are specific to those attacks and not tied to the element as a whole.

• giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User

Who told you that Mod 18 is home for Warlocks? The class is the worst DPS class to bring for Infernal Citadel. Mod 18 is another Mod to be in PE doing nothing or just invoke for Warlocks (Hellbringer).
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    There's a lot they can do with race bonuses. Almost anything other then Dragonborn is basically useless.

Tiefling has a damage dealt debuff to enemies so if you're getting hit you're taking less damage from that enemy.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    giz#2086 said:

Who told you that Mod 18 is home for Warlocks? The class is the worst DPS class to bring for Infernal Citadel. Mod 18 is another Mod to be in PE doing nothing or just invoke for Warlocks (Hellbringer).
    Think more environmentally! I will def take my SW to browse through the new (hehe) map for you know, the feel. The style! The map would be so SW if anybody on the team ever figured out what to do with that class.
    I will need all the movement speed tho so the mobs don't catch up and test me.
    - bye bye -
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User

giz#2086 said:

Think more environmentally! I will def take my SW to browse through the new (hehe) map for you know, the feel. The style! The map would be so SW if anybody on the team ever figured out what to do with that class.
    I will need all the movement speed tho so the mobs don't catch up and test me.
    I was on preview and to be honest the new map is a SH map with Demogorgon/PoM mobs. Yes, the Mod looks like a Nine Hells=Warlock related but the only thing that Mod 18 has for Warlocks is nothing. The META DPS is the same than Mod 17.
  • droidonroids#1509 droidonroids Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    > @giz#2086 said:
    > (Quote)
    > I was on preview and to be honest the new map is a SH map with Demogorgon/PoM mobs. Yes, the Mod looks like a Nine Hells=Warlock related but the only thing that Mod 18 has for Warlocks is nothing. The META DPS is the same than Mod 17.

That’s what I was curious about thank you