test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking For Guild: A Grumpy Dwarf

As the title states I'm looking for a guild. After a housefire and jaw injury I find myself with a lot of newfound free time I'm not used to. I have been playing NW for a little over a week and I find myself very content playing even when solo. However whenever I'm done with a Destiny 2 season (I play FPS competitively since Halo 2) I need a place to call home and I want that to be Neverwinter. I'll provide some information about myself and let recruiters reach out to me since I have no idea what threads are constantly checked due to the age of the game (and respectively it's forums).

1. I don't play elves.
2. I would like an active guild but not forced to participate in PvP/Raids. I will raid when I'm better at the game and more prepared.
3. I read deeply into any game I play and thus I will likely get very integrated into the economy when I get time and opportunities so I can spoil myself and friends.
4. I'm not an elitist but I do understand metas exist for a reason. I however enjoy trying to master off-meta, as my first character is a Dwarf Arbiter.
5. I'm not a politically correct person but I'm not a bigot either. I'm not old but I come from an age where making jokes is okay.
6. I'm a digital artist as a job and may need to take breaks from the game to do large workloads. (I draw tabletop characters among other things as an examples.)
7. It's not tomorrow until I go to sleep.
8. I'm an animal person.
9. I partake in everything from anime to tolkienite fantasy material.
10. I don't want to play with 'younger personalities' as I find fabricated positivity and overbearing giddiness to be the bane of my existence. I like happy people but I crumple into a ball when sunshine shoots an 'xD' my way. I did mention I was a bit grumpy.
11. Addendum to 10. but I really prefer older players, preferably 21 and up.
12. Real life comes first.
13. I firmly believe friends online are as important as people in real life.
14. I do not want any involvement with guilds that find identity with 4Chan and 8Chan. (Yes /tg/ that includes you.)
15. I'm American and East Coast to give a frame of reference.
16. I'm not using IRC or Skype, Discord or bust.
17. I will join voice chats when I'm comfortable, not when demanded.
18. I'm cool with roleplaying guilds as well as regular guilds.
19. I don't tolerate degenerate fetish communities. I'm not a prude but those communities are not what I'd call desirable social circles.
20. I'm actually really chill despite what you may read here and can tolerate a lot of things once I've warmed up enough.
21. I don't play elves.

My Discord ID is DiggaDraws#8255 and my IGID is sheriffdiggy#3301. I play a dwarf cleric (Braddik) and a dwarf barbarian (Gadlo Irontread).

I'm looking forward to any replies, I really prefer a personal community as giant guilds are more of a LFG hub than a group of cool people.

Comments

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytWz0qVvBZ0

(I apologize for the offtopic, but couldn't resist)
  • sheriffdiggy#3301 sheriffdiggy Member Posts: 11 Arc User
  • methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I'll take you, just for being a digital artist and a metal head, like myself. ;)

I'll take you, just for being a digital artist and a metal head, like myself. ;)

Tell me more?
    edited January 2020
    1. We play Elves. (And Tieflings, Half-Orcs, Half-Elves, Humans, Dwarves, Gith - just no Halflings.)
    2. Guild has been around since beta (2013), but now consists of about 3 casual players. I left in 2015 and came back for Ravenloft. The Stronghold was still Rank 1 and no one had logged in for at least a year. I soloed the guild to 7.
    3. We don't run dungeons, 'cos the guild isn't large enough and I'll be damned to run them anymore. I hate PUGs.
    4. I am a character modeler and animator, as well as environmental artist. I've worked on 4 or 5 major games and over a dozen indie/mobile games. Currently forced into a Lead Artist/Production position, 'cos the current project I'm working on is financed by a trust-fund kid who has no experience, but a lot of heart and a good idea. Plus, it lets me work from home.
    5. We're all about doing your own thing. If you need help, you can ask and someone will help you out, if they're online, but we mostly stick to ourselves.
    6. As a developer, I'm extremely critical of the game, so don't be surprised if I HAMSTER about it.
    7. Most of us are old farts.
    8. We have a discord - we just never use it.
    9. Tried to bring back some of the old players but it didn't work out.

You can find us by my username on here or look up "Novus Ordo."

1. We play Elves. (And Tieflings, Half-Orcs, Half-Elves, Humans, Dwarves, Gith - just no Halflings.)
    2. Guild has been around since beta (2013), but now consists of about 3 casual players. I left in 2015 and came back for Ravenloft. The Stronghold was still Rank 1 and no one had logged in for at least a year. I soloed the guild to 7.
    3. We don't run dungeons, 'cos the guild isn't large enough and I'll be damned to run them anymore. I hate PUGs.
    4. I am a character modeler and animator, as well as environmental artist. I've worked on 4 or 5 major games and over a dozen indie/mobile games. Currently forced into a Lead Artist/Production position, 'cos the current project I'm working on is financed by a trust-fund kid who has no experience, but a lot of heart and a good idea. Plus, it lets me work from home.
    5. We're all about doing your own thing. If you need help, you can ask and someone will help you out, if they're online, but we mostly stick to ourselves.
    6. As a developer, I'm extremely critical of the game, so don't be surprised if I HAMSTER about it.
    7. Most of us are old farts.
    8. We have a discord - we just never use it.
    9. Tried to bring back some of the old players but it didn't work out.

You can find us by my username on here or look up "Novus Ordo."

Pretty good leg in the industry you have there but I'm nowhere close to that level of professional I promise you. My display picture shows that clearly. I'd be interested in meeting the gang and seeing how you all gel with me. I'm pretty critical of games myself but I don't really 'hamster' about it until it's the topic at hand. As a Destiny competitive player I promise you that you're not alone in that feeling.

Also did you guys have a clan in FF14? The name looks familiar.
    Nah, that profile pic is epic. I love Dwarves. I'm still pissed Mod 16 swung Mjolnerf, the Nerf Hammer at the Classes. I took a deep hit to my former Devout Cleric, now Arbiter. Mjolnerf is going to smack me around again when Mod 18 comes out and my Demonic Set I got to offset my DPS loss, gets a reduction.

No Clan in FF14. I was actually late to the party. I'm not even sure who the original Founder was. We lost a TON of people after the Mod6 Fiasco. I split right after Mod8 was released, to take a job I later regretted. XD Came back for Mod 14 and the Guild was a wasteland. So, I pulled out the CC, reactivated my VIP and went to town.

The Lady and I will probably be on some time tomorrow. Shoot me an email in game, if you get on. I usually minimize the chat window, since there's no one to chat with. XD