test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weird Log on/off, chat related bug

Submitted a ticket and was told to post about it here as well. Have a weird bug that causes me to be unable to see various chat channels. I also won't be able to post in those channels as well. I don't know when this happens or that it is happening unless I am playing with friends. When I'm playing with friends they will tell me that their chat log is stating that I am logging on/off. When they tell me that, I can usually find which channel I can't message in. Major pain when it's the alliance or queue channels and I'm playing with friends who can't be on headset. Can be any channel, just if I'm playing solo I don't know that it is happening or know that a channel is currently inaccessible till I try to use it.

Comments

• jasper#7141 jasper Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I can get no channels other than the standard 4. Cannot get /g or /p on any character and it's making the game unplayable. It seems to be a bug affecting a few people from time to time. You might suppose there would be a quick response and an answer, but then you might suppose that pigs can fly.
  • For me the issue isn't how the channels are configured. They had me reset the configuration but that did not work, the issue persisted. Though I have developed a new issue where I will link an item, but it won't post it. When I hit up to pull it up again it will let me post it.
  • Any update or further information about this? I miss out on a lot of stuff because I can't view things like alliance chat. Also have trouble starting stuff because of that, go to set up a que group and lose the channel... It's been worse lately and have had multiple channels break at once.
  • kungskabb#9290 kungskabb Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    This has been going on since day 1, just fyi.
  • This has been going on since day 1, just fyi.

Did a search and noticed that. Think the devs should at least acknowledge and say they are looking into it or something. More irritating to find out that it's been around for a while. Though that I've only had it for the past couple months, or that's when it has gotten bad enough for me to notice.