test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

lightening vs bilethorn enchantment?

Which is in your "wallet"?

Comments

• milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I tried lightning for a few hours, and never once saw it proc on my pally, I may try it again. I run bilethorn on my wizard, and holy avenger on my healock. I need to go back to the bronzewood for my dps warlock. I think my pally is back to running fey touched as it is the only r13+ weapon enchant I have. They are way too expensive to refine when the devs keep changing which one is gonna be any good for the next mod. I haven't refined any weapon armor enchants since mod 15 solely because of the cost vs expected benefits.

My wizard runs barkshield r12-13, as I was using that on my pally in mod 15, and it works well for the wiz. My pally runs elven battle enchant, but I don't see any difference in the number of disables I experience with him vs the bark. Can't remember what I'm using for armor on my lock.
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Neither!, I gave my TR the lightning one and once they removed the dazing special effect from it I looked to changing it to something else. from what I read for each weapon enchantment the vorpal enchantment seemed to be the best for me so I made another one and once I had it at the same rank I switched over.

I tried the Bilethorn previously and I noticed that the poison was not working on the monsters I wanted it to work on so I got rid of it. At the time my HR, TR and DC already had plenty of zero point damage going on due to bugs or skills not working properly and having one more was not really making anything easier for me!

My replacements for them were the ice one for my DC and a Bronzewood for the HR. My alternates have the dread weapon enchantment at rank 8 except for my CW which has a rank 8 vorpal.

The ice one still procures the slow effect I wanted and the bronzewood still does what I want it to do for my HR so I have had no reason to switch them out.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Bilethorn better for Single target and downscales better than Lightning.
    Lightning better for AoE and is good on campaign maps for drawing aggro & speed clearing.

Both are good. I use lightning.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User

Which is in your "wallet"?

For what class?

For tanks, lightning ( "lightEning" is an enchant that casts "Featherfall" on the victim) is a good alternative.
    It does less damage than the BiS enchants, but it's AoE chain is fantastic at grabbing aggro in crowds. Took's favorite tank weap enchant in party PvE when large mob packs are expected (eg. between bosses on just about every dungeon).

Lightning used to trigger other effects making it BiS for some DPS classes a few mods ago.
    Pretty sure those synergies were nerfed.

I tried lightning for a few hours, and never once saw it proc on my pally, I may try it again.

Lightning definitely does work, mate.
    Took will record ACT on the Took Pally Tank tonight and add an Edit here to prove it.

Perhaps your Pally is a healer?
    In which case, lightning is a poor choice.
    Lightning doesn't help trigger Temp Shields, doesn't buff/debuff... just adds nothing to a Pally healer.
    Try Vorpal maybe?
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.

I tried lightning for a few hours, and never once saw it proc on my pally, I may try it again.

As you can see, Lightning certainly does work on pally tank.
    It arcs very often.
    Damage is not impressive.
    But tanks don't use it for damage.
    We use it for AoE aggro generation.

Not BiS, but Took finds it very useful for trash collecting.
    Took switches to vorpal for boss fights or solo.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

It arcs very often.
    Damage is not impressive.
    But tanks don't use it for damage.
    We use it for AoE aggro generation.

Not BiS, but Took finds it very useful for trash collecting.
    Took switches to vorpal for boss fights or solo.
    I don't have benefit of act on xbox. Having said that at r8, I never once saw the lightning bolts that I would have expected with that enchant. I may try it again, as my tank has nothing better to do than farm, and hold done the ground...

It arcs very often.
    I don't have benefit of act on xbox. Having said that at r8, I never once saw the lightning bolts that I would have expected with that enchant. I may try it again, as my tank has nothing better to do than farm, and hold done the ground...
    Nah, bro.
    Took just tested rank 8 also.
    It works.
    It only has 50% arc, but that is actually very frequent when you oath strike into a crowd of mobs.

And you don't need ACT to prove it.
    Open "combat log".

It clearly shows the lightning arcs, yeah?

Took is not trying to convince you to use lightning.
    Use whatever you want.
    Honey Badger Took don't care.

But Took can't let the false rumor spread that it isn't working. It definitely is.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • jantogsf#0997 jantogsf Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    > @dread4moor said:
    > (Quote)
    > Nah, bro.
    > Took just tested rank 8 also.
    > It works.
    > (Image)
    >
    > It only has 50% arc, but that is actually very frequent when you oath strike into a crowd of mobs.
    >
    > And you don't need ACT to prove it.
    > Open "combat log".
    >
    >
    > It clearly shows the lightning arcs, yeah?
    >
    > Took is not trying to convince you to use lightning.
    > Use whatever you want.
    > Honey Badger Took don't care.
    >
    > But Took can't let the false rumor spread that it isn't working. It definitely is.

Quanted by Took!

> @dread4moor said:

> (Quote)

> Nah, bro.

> Took just tested rank 8 also.

> It works.

> (Image)

>

> It only has 50% arc, but that is actually very frequent when you oath strike into a crowd of mobs.

>

> And you don't need ACT to prove it.

> Open "combat log".

>

>

> It clearly shows the lightning arcs, yeah?

>

> Took is not trying to convince you to use lightning.

> Use whatever you want.

> Honey Badger Took don't care.

>

> But Took can't let the false rumor spread that it isn't working. It definitely is.

Quanted by Took!

Everything can be measured, friend.
    DPS.
    Healing.
    Tanking efficiency.
    Cost/Benefit of an ingame item.
    The value of human life.
    https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Calculating-QALYs-A-simple-example_fig3_258959294
    Love.
    https://www.lovecalculator.com/
    The the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow.
    http://style.org/unladenswallow/
    Everything.

"Don't whip it out if you haven't measured it."
    By "it" Took means an argument or conclusion.
    (Hmm... That expression sounds a lot dirtier than Took intended.)
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.