test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

winter festival: 'snowflake' sprite vanity pet

how do you get the 'snowflake' sprite vanity pet? it is not mentioned in the winter festival guide. it is showing up as one of the collection items for the winter festival.

was it a limited time vanity pet from last year's winter festival as a random drop from opening simril gifts? I do not remember seeing it before.

Best Answer

Answers

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    stoniar said:

how do you get the 'snowflake' sprite vanity pet? it is not mentioned in the winter festival guide. it is showing up as one of the collection items for the winter festival.

was it a limited time vanity pet from last year's winter festival as a random drop from opening simril gifts? I do not remember seeing it before.

I believe you can buy it from a vendor whom you buy scarf from (using winter festival currency which you could have 10s of thousand).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    stoniar said:

Are you referring to the Ice Sprite companion? I don't believe there has ever been a winter festival pet but the companion has been around for years. If that's what your looking for, it's in the vendor under Herman I think.
  • derdrakonderdrakon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    I also would like to know how to get "snowflake".

It is not the Ice Sprite, and it does not seem to come from the vendor. "Krystal", the other yeti vanity pet comes from the gifts.
  • grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    ok apparently the Snowflake vanity pet is a free winter giveaway:

In addition, Tymora has left two free Simril gifts for adventurers, new and old, to enjoy! The Winter Wolf mount is back for those who missed it previously along with a new Vanity pet, Snowflake the Sprite!

I do not see it available under the FREE category in the Zen store. I am assuming that this is a one p/account redemption, or is it for every character?
  • grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    wow, thank you for your quick reply - yes, I do see it now.

I see both of the free items:

Snowflake is under ITEMS
    Winter Wolf is under MOUNTS

but ugh - why are they not showing up under the Store Front / FREE category ??

thank you though!
  • vixazarahvvixazarahv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

It is one per account. It's under the Items category of the Zen store.

It would have been nice to know this *before* collecting the pet.

But I still appreciate the free gift.
    edited December 2019

kreatyve said:

It is in the description of the pet in the Zen store.
    I read that before I collect it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Why aren't the Winter festival free items listed like they have been previous years?

Winter 2018 Free Gifts and Events!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11019323-winter-2018-free-gifts-and-events!

This year we get this.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11322863-20%-off-all-&-free-gifts!
    DD~
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    dionchi said:

Why aren't the Winter festival free items listed like they have been previous years?

Winter 2018 Free Gifts and Events!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11019323-winter-2018-free-gifts-and-events!

This year we get this.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11322863-20%-off-all-&-free-gifts!

I am reading it like this is it. a dumb one per account vanity pet that can only be equipped from your regular inventory (which makes it a waste of space) and nothing else.

a subpar blackfriday sale.. no winter gifts so to speak.. they are really trying hard to win our love huh?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Maybe leave your expectations at the load screen and be appreciative of what you do get? Just a thought.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited December 2019

I am reading it like this is it. a dumb one per account vanity pet that can only be equipped from your regular inventory (which makes it a waste of space) and nothing else.

a subpar blackfriday sale.. no winter gifts so to speak.. they are really trying hard to win our love huh?

Actually the snowflake vanity pet appears in regular inventory when claimed, but with the clickable option to transfer it to the vanity pet tab.

DD~
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    greywynd said:

Maybe leave your expectations at the load screen and be appreciative of what you do get? Just a thought.

if there was something to be grateful for I'd be grateful. there isn't though. they should be grateful I'm still here. (and that goes for everyone that is still here) they've given us a rough year. My expectations is some bribery to keep us at least a little happy. I've seen none. I find it baffling. as not only is there no bribery.. but there isn't even the usual class of things we normally get. they've given us coal.. like literally imo. Honestly.. bafflement is the emotion i'm feeling over this.
  • brandrikbrandrik Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User

kreatyve said:

Actually it does NOT mention 1 per account, it just mentions it binds to character.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

greywynd said:

if there was something to be grateful for I'd be grateful. there isn't though. they should be grateful I'm still here. (and that goes for everyone that is still here) they've given us a rough year. My expectations is some bribery to keep us at least a little happy. I've seen none. I find it baffling. as not only is there no bribery.. but there isn't even the usual class of things we normally get. they've given us coal.. like literally imo. Honestly.. bafflement is the emotion i'm feeling over this.
    Total agreement on the bafflement here. We also had in the past more incentives to buy zen...they have no incentives at all this year. And the thing is the incentives cost them a few man hours at most. More shaking my head what he heck are they thinking. They weren't very inventive with the new mount either...another snail variant.
    edited December 2019
    brandrik said:

kreatyve said:

Actually it does NOT mention 1 per account, it just mentions it binds to character.
    "Free item, claimable once, binds to character".

"claimable once" is my interpretation of one per account (based on wording used in the pack in the past).
    A company in danger should not be conserving and cutting costs, they should be promoting.
    Conserving and cutting costs are what you do when your company is doing great.

edited December 2019
    empalas said:

greywynd said:

Total agreement on the bafflement here. We also had in the past more incentives to buy zen...they have no incentives at all this year. And the thing is the incentives cost them a few man hours at most. More shaking my head what he heck are they thinking. They weren't very inventive with the new mount either...another snail variant.
    There is the "bonus zen" incentive, but the amount seems to be identical to every other "zen sale" they have throughout the year, so while I may disagree that there is "no incentives" to buy zen during their Winter sale, I will say I don't feel particularly 'incentivized' to make a Zen purchase during this sale...

Oh and a repeat of the Black Friday 20% off zen market sale prices...

I kind of find it difficult to believe it was so wildly popular they decided to bring it back, but It is what it is.
    DD~
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    dionchi said:

empalas said:

greywynd said:

There is the "bonus zen" incentive, but the amount seems to be identical to every other "zen sale" they have throughout the year, so while I may disagree that there is "no incentives" to buy zen during their Winter sale, I will say I don't feel particularly 'incentivized' to make a Zen purchase during this sale...

Oh and a repeat of the Black Friday 20% off zen market sale prices...

I kind of find it difficult to believe it was so wildly popular they decided to bring it back, but It is what it is.
    My point is that it's not an incentive to buy now versus the other times they have had the bonus zen. Yes you will get more zen for your $. But the other incentives were nice touches. And actually their black friday sale this year was 30%. So 20% is worse. Maybe the new XP can right the ship.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I've not seen any bonus zen incentive this year on xbox. Also only the one free item this year? The calendar says log in everyday for free stuff, but only vanity pet is new this year, I already have the winter wolf.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

I've not seen any bonus zen incentive this year on xbox. Also only the one free item this year? The calendar says log in everyday for free stuff, but only vanity pet is new this year, I already have the winter wolf.

That is all there is this year, unfortunately.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited December 2019

Since this is the Neverwinter Discussion forum for PC, I can't comment on what does or doesn't appear on XBox since I don't even have one, but there is bonus Zen for purchases of Zen on PC.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11331983-2019-winter-holiday-sale

And as disappointing as "one free gift this year" (two counting the Winter Wolf Mount) may seem compared to previous years to many of us, perhaps we should count our blessings that there is even one free gift... all things considered.

Last year there were eight straight days of gifts from Neverwinter and two extra rewards events during the same time period but still there was a whole lot of griping and complaining going on so it isn't really surprising to me that Neverwinter has made even less of an effort to toss out freebies this year.

I suspect from their point of view little has changed. Last year we had eight free gifts and two (actually five) special events and some people are going to complain - one new and one old gift this year and many of the same people are still complaining.

I'm not surprised, disappointed yes, but not surprised at the present lack of effort.

DD~
    "We're reducing your allowance be thankful we haven't cut it altogether."
    edited December 2019

Got to love the instant gratification crowd. Something for nothing, and still they want more, with zero to no effort on their part to earning it. Me Me Me....More More More....Now Now Now! Give it a rest. Don't like it? Don't accept it. Better yet.....go elsewhere. I have spoken! :o

greenwirez, I'm always thankful for the free gifts, but it hurts that the content is waning and the gifts are declining.
    • It hurts that they promote a free gift each day and don't even acknowledge that the promise was broken.
    • It hurts that the new mod is a recolored Stronghold zone with demons, rather than an actual story.
    • It hurts that we're going to have to wait some months for the new Executive Producer to make his presence felt and maybe start bringing back HIGH quality content.
    • I like the new minisprite, but didn't expect to have to read the fine print on a prize that went from 18 days of fun to "Take one only, Thank you, Next!"
    • I'm thankful for new content, but content that takes less time to finish than previous mods is very disappointing.
    • I'm still playing the game, but the playing of content that's little more than reskinned content holds my attention for far less time than actual new maps and new dungeons and new monsters do.

-snip-

I like the new minisprite, but didn't expect to have to read the fine print on a prize that went from 18 days of fun to "Take one only, Thank you, Next!"
    I think it's already been mentioned but the snowflake sprite, which is totally cosmetic seems more than just a bit miserly to me especially since it adds nothing to a player's stats or abilities and is offered as one per account... I'm guessing that this allows (whoever) to rightfully claim they did give something away for the holiday festivities.

Of course what disturbs me the most is the Zen Sale incentives, or possibly the lack there-of depending on the perspective.

Neverwinter/PWE offers sales on Zen several times a year and each sale seems to offer identical bonus awards

Neverwinter 2019 Spring Zen Sale bonus
    • $10 - 150 bonus zen
    • $20 - 400 bonus zen
    • $50 - 1,300 bonus zen
    • $100 - 3,500 bonus zen
    • $200 - 8,000 bonus zen
    Neverwinter 2019 Summer Zen Sale bonus
    • $10 - 150 bonus zen
    • $20 - 400 bonus zen
    • $50 - 1,300 bonus zen
    • $100 - 3,500 bonus zen
    • $200 - 8,000 bonus zen
    Neverwinter 2019 Winter Zen Sale bonus
    • $10 - 150 bonus zen
    • $20 - 400 bonus zen
    • $50 - 1,300 bonus zen
    • $100 - 3,500 bonus zen
    • $200 - 8,000 bonus zen
    And those of course are along with additional Zen Sales during the year like the 2019 "May Maddness" Zen Sale, the 2019 "End of Summer" Zen Sale...

This along with decreased discounts for holiday sales, I'm seriously wondering if this is some kind of plan that will permit the powers that be to claim Neverwinter is financially failing, which will be used to justify some radical game changes (other than the ones already implemented) - like trying to do away with their FTP status.

DD~