test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NEWBIE Having trouble with Fast Travel

I am level 7 in Protectors Enclave. I have the quest "A Light for Simril" which requires me to get to Twighlight Tor. I have been to two city gates, and when I click it pops up a map. The only active point shown is the one where I am. I play EQ years ago, but I can't recall how to fast travel--and the in game help is no use.
Can someone tell me what to do?

Answers

• Options
    xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    Add me in-game @xavior44, hopefully I can help you to get to know the game.
  • Options
    docterry#3342 docterry Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Thank you. It's midnight here in BC, so I'll try this tomorrow afternoon.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    You need to do the quests Sgt. Knox gives you and/or level up before the game will let you leave Protector's Enclave.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    For things to work properly it's usually best not to skip quests offered by Sgt Knox, particularly the tutorial quests that tries to teach new players how to better play their character. ¢¢
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,229 Arc User
    Follow the quests. Otherwise, you will miss a lot of goody the games give you such as extra free bags.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    docterry#3342 docterry Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Yes, I had an unfinished quest -- Unfinished because EVERY help file on line said that Sgt Knox was standing East of the Hall of Justice. In fact he was South of the Hall of Justice. Once I turned in the unfinished quest the Fast Travel works as expected. Thank you for your help.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,096 Arc User
    Knox moved a mod or two ago and Sybella took over his old spot.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User

Yes, I had an unfinished quest -- Unfinished because EVERY help file on line said that Sgt Knox was standing East of the Hall of Justice. In fact he was South of the Hall of Justice. Once I turned in the unfinished quest the Fast Travel works as expected. Thank you for your help.

The glittering path to Knox didn't take you to his new location?

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Fixed: https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Sergeant_Knox
    Description now reads;
    Sergeant Knox is an NPC who can be found standing South of the Hall of Justice and North of the Seven Suns Coster Market in Protector's Enclave. He is the main NPC for the storyline quests who will usually send you out to new regions once they are unlocked, and when you have completed the local storyline quests in a region, you are sent back to him. He is also a character in the cinematic video that opens the game and appears as a participant during several quests.
    With a Notes section added at the bottom;
    Sergeant Knox was relocated to the event rostrum with the release of module 16 Undermountain on April 23rd, 2019.

Please feel free to make corrections to the wiki. The current admin running the wiki and doing 99% of the work is Mr. Hawchang and he is pretty mellow to work with as wiki admins go.
    Going back to my vacation now!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    akichidakichid Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2019

Fixed: https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Sergeant_Knox
    Description now reads;
    Sergeant Knox is an NPC who can be found standing South of the Hall of Justice and North of the Seven Suns Coster Market in Protector's Enclave. He is the main NPC for the storyline quests who will usually send you out to new regions once they are unlocked, and when you have completed the local storyline quests in a region, you are sent back to him. He is also a character in the cinematic video that opens the game and appears as a participant during several quests.
    With a Notes section added at the bottom;
    Sergeant Knox was relocated to the event rostrum with the release of module 16 Undermountain on April 23rd, 2019.

Please feel free to make corrections to the wiki. The current admin running the wiki and doing 99% of the work is Mr. Hawchang and he is pretty mellow to work with as wiki admins go.
    Going back to my vacation now!

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Sergeant_Knox

"Sergeant Knox is the adventurer's liaison officer to the Neverwinter Guards and Lord Neverember."

Sergeant Knox "guards Lord Neverember", but in moving Sergeant Knox to the former event rostrum he's even farther away from Lord Neverember than he was previously... I'll not be making any changes to the Wiki but seems to me a little more thought needs to go into game changes like moving NPC's and updating the in-game tips.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The wiki doesn't say that Knox guards Neverember. He coordinates efforts with the Guard (paramilitary unit) and with Adventurers. Other people provide security for Neverember and his court.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    phatyeti#1489 phatyeti Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello everyone! I am sorry to steal this post but i am so new it is not allowing me to make a new topic. I come from NWN1 and the Neversummer realm and have decided to give this one a try finally! Anywho i am looking up builds and am wondering what MOD means? i assume it is the version of the game i was curious what version the game is currently in or where i can find that information?
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,096 Arc User
    MOD: game module. We are currently in MOD 17 with MOD 18 due next month. A module is sort of an adventure pack where the devs release new content into the game.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.