test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hell Pit - not a fun event

tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 188 Arc User
I feel like Grig from "the last starfighter" made this event. "I've always wanted to fight a battle against insurmountable odds". You can get an effect that helps you...just like the death blossom attack from the movie.

5 rounds of hoards of monsters is not fun. This event is designed so you need the right stats at the right levels in the right places, if your not a maxed out elite. So to get the 1 participation token you need to do 14 days of it? Even challenging games are still supposed to be fun, or have a fun element to them...this doesn't.

This event could be so much better for players....good idea needs more tweeking I think before people will come back for it. If the other events are just different hoards and groups, that gets boring really quick. We need the fun back, to get the guilds active again, to get players to run the dungeons, and continue the fun.

Comments

• Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    What you find fun is subjective to what i find fun. Just because you dont think this event is fun doesn't mean everyone else doesn't think it is either. Is this event super exciting? no but while it is fairly boring right now for a stat capped person when it increases in difficulty i expect it will become less boring and potentially more fun.
  • Options
    texashayseed#4288 texashayseed Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Yeah, maybe they should scale it based on your item level or something, like the queues & offer rewards based off of that, (AoE seems to be the way to go).
    I heard that it takes 7 completions to earn 1 achievement token.
    SFMF!!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,229 Arc User
    edited November 2019

Yeah, maybe they should scale it based on your item level or something, like the queues & offer rewards based off of that, (AoE seems to be the way to go).
    I heard that it takes 7 completions to earn 1 achievement token.

It is scaled to item level 20000. It needs 14 completions to earn 1 achievement token.
    It increases difficulty in every 7 completions.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I kind of liked the gung-ho iguana from The Last Starfighter. :wink:
    Pros:
    This is a goofy little arena battle like Illusion Gambit, which I happen to like as well. But everyone wants to quit and get paid, instead of fighting only 3 rounds on that skirmish. Here you don't have to wait on a queue to pop open, just you and your companion enter. It is fast and furious action. You can even continue should you fall in battle.
    Cons:
    No real content to speak of, they don't explain much, such as; the demon *Zariel's motives. The payout is pretty thin and I suspect it will be the real reason players will not continue beyond the minimum 14 days. I like other human players to join in the fight, class, build, item level shouldn't matter, it doesn't to me. The enemies are all the same, thus far, I am hoping for that to change.

Many people say it is too soft and others say it is too hard. I feel as if the survival threshold is good so far. But let's see what I have and compare notes on builds. I didn't know on day one that I was "stuck" using the same character that I first signed up with, oops! As such, I got lucky, the Zorgs are a good husband and wife team.
    Llorna Zorg - wizard Thaumaturge active artifact Sigil of the Wizard
    Companion "Byron Zorg" Renegade Invoker rank 40 rank 9 bonding, 3 items that dropped from Undermountain.
    Item Level -- 18,087
    Power -- 78,363
    Armor Pen -- 58,128
    Defense -- 56,045
    Critical Stk -- 67618
    Critical Avo -- 37,702
    Accuracy -- 39,936
    Deflect -- 29,000
    Combat Adv -- 52,692
    Awareness -- 35,351
    As one might tell, this is very much an average character and nothing is "Best in Slot" on her. I tend to agree with @akemnos and add Fun is where you find it. I hope you can find something fun too!

*Zariel lived to fight and judged people on their combat skills and willingness to use those skills. She prized zeal as much as training, and left many a structure in ruin.
    wb-cenders.gif