test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legendary Mounts in Zen Store only for a single character?

bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
edited November 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
I bought the Teal Axebeak, thinking that it's a great deal for an account-wide legendary mount. Yeah, I get that legendary mounts are powerful, for for the equivalent of $56, (supposedly after a 30% discount), you can only claim it on 1 single character!? This is way not worth it, IMO. It would have been nice if this was clearer. The closest note about this is a vague "These Legendary Mounts will be available from 10am PST on their starting dates until 9:59am PST on their end dates. They can only be found in the Events and Featured section of the Zen Market and cannot be reclaimed after purchase.", but that is only after not seeing such a disclaimer in-game and only after hunting around the event page...

Mod edited title for clarity
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    I agree that it should have been made clearer but It does actually say it in the zen store. on the screen it specifically states "One Claim per purchase, can be traded"
  • Options
    mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Thanks for your sacrifice. I was wondering if it was an account wide purchase and now I know I don't want it that much.

I'll stick to my epic account wide mount.
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    ya it stinks that its not account wide.... but hey i saw it clearly said "not reclaimable after purchase" n saw in zen store it stating one claim per purchase n im leagally blind here an i saw it
    gotta read up before hyper jumping on somethin thats never been done in game before..... always a "catch" to it
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    --
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    I only saw this announcement today as part of the Neverwinter Black Friday deals.

... but yeah, I did catch that "fine print" mention at the end of the article: "and cannot be reclaimed after purchase."

so I went here to check the forums to clarify. oh well, that would have been very exciting for the legendary mount to be account-wide, but I guess that would have seriously devalued these mounts.

what I would like to know though - are any of these good? I am not familiar with legendary mounts - if you could only get 1 of the 3, which would be most worthwhile? (I guess if it makes a difference, I would probably get one for my devoted cleric, mainly arbiter)
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I thought it was pretty clearly in the Zen Market.

Honestly, did you think a mount that would sell for 6-10M AD in the AH would be available for an entire account for the equivalent of 3.5-6M AD (depending on platform economy)?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User

Honestly, did you think a mount that would sell for 6-10M AD in the AH would be available for an entire account for the equivalent of 3.5-6M AD (depending on platform economy)?

When an epic mount sells for about $35, charging about $56, (after a supposed 30% discount, mind you), seems completely in line with their pricing scheme, for an account-wide legendary mount, IMO.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    bioshrike said:

When an epic mount sells for about $35, charging about $56, (after a supposed 30% discount, mind you), seems completely in line with their pricing scheme, for an account-wide legendary mount, IMO.
    Not really. A legendary is at least 50 times of one Epic mount (depends on which legendary and which epic). If Cryptic allowed that to be account wide with that price, it will crash the legendary mount market. Mind you that I don't care if they do crash that market but many will not be happy including Cryptic because that will crash their lockbox key sales.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited November 2019

.....Mind you that I don't care if they do crash that market but many will not be happy including Cryptic because that will crash their lockbox key sales.

That's the reason right there - we'll never see an account wide orange unlock on a mount because that is the carrot driving a lot of Zen sales for keys.

Until they add something like a mythic level to mounts.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Well, i think they allready did a splendid job on crashing the key sales market with the redesign of the lockboxes all by themself, and that's the reason why they added the legendary mounts to the ZEN shop now. More or less crappy ones at first of course, to test the waters and see if it's profitable enough to add better ones later...

Anyway, perhaps it's just me, but i think i haven't bought any key bundles after that lockbox redesign, i'm pretty sure i'm not going to buy any of those legendary mounts either, and i don't think i'm going to buy any of the existing or future module packs as well. Imho beside ViP there isn't much left in the shop actually worth spending money or AD/ZEN on.

So, if their goal is to stop people spending their money here, i'd say they're on the right track.

If the legendary mount had been account-wide and with a higher but still reasonable ZEN price, i probably would have bought one, even when their bonuses aren't that good compared to the ones from lockboxes.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    I don't feel like key sales have declined much, if at all. I still see tons of names popping on a regular basis (at least on xb). I still see tons of name when there's key sales. I still see tons of items going up on the AH that come from lockboxes.

Now, most of the lockboxes I spot popping are older ones since people don't care for the newer boxes.

Those big 50 key bundles (which I loved) probably caused most of the issues in the game as far as overabundance of refinement, people with 1000s of days in vip, etc. That first 50 key/VIP bundle also landed during a big 40% (or 50% i cant remember) sale and probably single handedly cost them a good amount of money in vip sales alone. I know people that don't even play NW anymore but could come back in years and still have VIP active.

So the company kind of shot themselves in the foot and I think that's why you don't see those 50 key bundles during big sales anymore.
    bioshrike said:

Legendary mounts sell for millions in the AH for ONE. Epic mounts sell for a few hundred thousand at most if you're lucky. So if you want to compare the two then be prepared to multiple the price in the same fashion. That's a minimum of 8-10x higher for a legendary.

So think more like $200+ dollars. Closer to $300 but I gave you a big old discount for thinking the devs would just give away account wide legendary's for nothing.

Also, if you compare the price of that single leggie mount to the AH prices of other mounts, you'll find it's fairly comparable to a SINGLE leggie mount purchased on the AH. So yeah, it's keeping in line the pricing that's on the AH (on XB at least).
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    The only thing truly fishy about it was that this is supposed to be "what players asked for"?
    I can imagine that players asked for accountwide leg zen mounts. Even I would consider it, and I shouldn't exactly consider that, looking at my bank account :dizzy::D

But was there really that many ppl asking for a single-claim-leg mount (not even a Rex/Swarm/Whatever, but an AXEBEAK for over 50 bucks? I didn't even look up the price on the store, because wtf... is this true? I can't grasp it lmao) ?

I mean, many ppl are asking for some hamsterly Alpha Compys! What will it be... the Alpha Compy looks with some nice and tidy +deflect instead, because we all want some cute dinos following us like puppies?
    - bye bye -
  • Options

The only thing truly fishy about it was that this is supposed to be "what players asked for"?
    I can imagine that players asked for accountwide leg zen mounts. Even I would consider it, and I shouldn't exactly consider that, looking at my bank account :dizzy::D

But was there really that many ppl asking for a single-claim-leg mount (not even a Rex/Swarm/Whatever, but an AXEBEAK for over 50 bucks? I didn't even look up the price on the store, because wtf... is this true? I can't grasp it lmao) ?

I mean, many ppl are asking for some hamsterly Alpha Compys! What will it be... the Alpha Compy looks with some nice and tidy +deflect instead, because we all want some cute dinos following us like puppies?

People asked for selling Legendary mount in Zen store. They have just done that for the first time.
    Will that be sold? I have a feeling it will sell well. Even if only one is sold, they get $56.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I'm often amazed at how much people will spend on things in games and what they will spend it on. Some of the mobile games have $99 packs that sell well. As much as I would like to have a leg mount I'm not going to spend that much Zen for one and won't be spending millions of AD to get one either. The terminology IMO should be clearer something like "This mount is NOT account wide like other mounts in the zen store". But they wouldn't want it to be that obvious now would they.
  • Options
    shocke89shocke89 Member Posts: 4 Arc User

I don't feel like key sales have declined much, if at all. I still see tons of names popping on a regular basis (at least on xb). I still see tons of name when there's key sales. I still see tons of items going up on the AH that come from lockboxes.

Now, most of the lockboxes I spot popping are older ones since people don't care for the newer boxes.

Those big 50 key bundles (which I loved) probably caused most of the issues in the game as far as overabundance of refinement, people with 1000s of days in vip, etc. That first 50 key/VIP bundle also landed during a big 40% (or 50% i cant remember) sale and probably single handedly cost them a good amount of money in vip sales alone. I know people that don't even play NW anymore but could come back in years and still have VIP active.

So the company kind of shot themselves in the foot and I think that's why you don't see those 50 key bundles during big sales anymore.

bioshrike said:

Legendary mounts sell for millions in the AH for ONE. Epic mounts sell for a few hundred thousand at most if you're lucky. So if you want to compare the two then be prepared to multiple the price in the same fashion. That's a minimum of 8-10x higher for a legendary.

So think more like $200+ dollars. Closer to $300 but I gave you a big old discount for thinking the devs would just give away account wide legendary's for nothing.

Also, if you compare the price of that single leggie mount to the AH prices of other mounts, you'll find it's fairly comparable to a SINGLE leggie mount purchased on the AH. So yeah, it's keeping in line the pricing that's on the AH (on XB at least).
    I'm sorry but you are assuming that the player base is setting the prices on the zen market.. when in truth the dev's are setting the prices in the zen market which then affects the Trade house prices... sorry if simple economics escapes you but.. he who commands the goods sets the prices...and the dev's have command of all the goods in game...Because they can make the goods easier to get or harder to get which then affects supply and demand... therefore you really need to rethink your stance on then selling epic mounts at 35 dollars for the whole account and legendary mounts for one char at 40% increase.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    empalas said:

I'm often amazed at how much people will spend on things in games and what they will spend it on. Some of the mobile games have $99 packs that sell well. As much as I would like to have a leg mount I'm not going to spend that much Zen for one and won't be spending millions of AD to get one either. The terminology IMO should be clearer something like "This mount is NOT account wide like other mounts in the zen store". But they wouldn't want it to be that obvious now would they.

I bet you that even if you put an epileptic flickering flash in red advising this mount is not account wide, some people will buy it thinking is account wide. The refinement bound messages or the transmute loss come to mind. Facts.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    I don't know why anyone would buy a Leg Mount with bad bonus stats and Mount power, and only for the 30% increase mount speed. Sounds way too absurd to me, if they put a T-rex for $200-300, you can bet it will sell well but obviously that will affect their key sale.

I think the dev's are slowly realising that people are actually burned out on keys now and are testing ways to put leg mounts on ZEN store. At least that way you'll know what your getting for your money instead of relying on absurd RNG.
  • Options
    killzoneexkillzoneex Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited November 2019

bioshrike said:

Not really. A legendary is at least 50 times of one Epic mount (depends on which legendary and which epic). If Cryptic allowed that to be account wide with that price, it will crash the legendary mount market. Mind you that I don't care if they do crash that market but many will not be happy including Cryptic because that will crash their lockbox key sales.
    These are crappy legendary mounts that effectively amount to only a speed upgrade. I think $56 is in line with an account unlock. Picture it this way. Any endgamers that would get this legendary mount as an account unlock are going to get the mounts they need anyway. This would just be a nice addition for any of their alts that they just dink around with and don't plan on gearing up (ever) with 14M+ legendary mounts. So, I disagree that this would siphon sales of any legendary mounts, rather it would encourage an extra spend if someone wants the speed upgrade for their alts.

• Options
    killzoneexkillzoneex Member Posts: 94 Arc User

This makes no sense. If they sold tons of these and people who left the game still have VIP active, then this is a WIN WIN for them. It's like the old gym memberships that are sold but not used.

Any sale even at 50% off is better than no sales at 0% off. Often these sales coax people into opening up their wallets when they would never have done so without it.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

bioshrike said:

These are crappy legendary mounts that effectively amount to only a speed upgrade. I think $56 is in line with an account unlock. Picture it this way. Any endgamers that would get this legendary mount as an account unlock are going to get the mounts they need anyway. This would just be a nice addition for any of their alts that they just dink around with and don't plan on gearing up (ever) with 14M+ legendary mounts. So, I disagree that this would siphon sales of any legendary mounts, rather it would encourage an extra spend if someone wants the speed upgrade for their alts.

For the end gamer, they already have their legendary mount. I don't think this is aimed for end gamer at all. End gamer does not really need to spend money.

For the 'new' player who has one character and wants the speed boost, they will buy it. You can say they don't know better but it is cheaper than getting one from AH. They probably don't even know Epic mount under mount tab is account wide.

You may be thinking about PC market. I bet Cryptic is thinking about console.
  • Options
    shocke89 said:

I'm sorry but you are assuming that the player base is setting the prices on the zen market.. when in truth the dev's are setting the prices in the zen market which then affects the Trade house prices... sorry if simple economics escapes you but.. he who commands the goods sets the prices...and the dev's have command of all the goods in game...Because they can make the goods easier to get or harder to get which then affects supply and demand... therefore you really need to rethink your stance on then selling epic mounts at 35 dollars for the whole account and legendary mounts for one char at 40% increase.

I'm sorry if reading comprehension escapes you but I never once said the players set prices on the Zen Market. What company on this planet would say "hey customers, tell us what you want to pay for items in the store!"

The players set the prices on the AUCTION HOUSE. The price of legendary mounts can therefore be compared to what the auction house price is by players. And no, the price of legendaries in the auction could never be compared in the past to the zen market because they didn't exist there.

It would be naive to think that the prices of legendary mounts were not tracked over time and used as a baseline price for the zen market.

Is it hard to really comprehend that someone in the company sees:
    1 - Joe Schmoe is willing to spend 6-10 Million AD on a single mount in the AH
    2 - Joe Schmoe pays 100-500k for epic mounts on the AH
    3 - if we price these legendary mounts at the equivalent of 3-4 million ad, Joe Schmoe will buy it

This was never an economics debate. It was about common sense and that says you're naive if you think you'll get an account-wide leggie for the equivalent of 3-4 million AD. They're trying to get AD out of the game not find ways to help you save it. You can argue the cost of the mount all you want but I see people snapping them up and I see them on the AH already. One man's overpriced is another mans steal.

This makes no sense. If they sold tons of these and people who left the game still have VIP active, then this is a WIN WIN for them. It's like the old gym memberships that are sold but not used.

Any sale even at 50% off is better than no sales at 0% off. Often these sales coax people into opening up their wallets when they would never have done so without it.

You've only keyed in on the people that left the game.

My point was that most of those people played for years without having to pay for VIP. I'm still playing and still have VIP from those bundles. I have plenty of guildies that are still playing and riding that same VIP.

Those were lost VIP sales since the bundle pretty much gave away VIP for free.

Agreed that any sales is sales but that only applies if people are actually buying anything in the first place. How many items in the Zen market do you find useful? Once you've filled up your shared slots/personal slots, gotten as many big bags as you need, gotten years worth of free vip, etc etc. What is there to buy? VIP is the one constant thing people would have to re-up. Once you've given that away, most everything else in the Zen market is a ripoff.