test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

game not loading

sarahconnorsarahconnor Member Posts: 37 Arc User
the game is not loading it loads up to 20 to 30% then it stop loading and now the Launcher is broken too please fix it

Comments

• sarahconnorsarahconnor Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    day 2 the game still will not loading
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Did you try to force verify your game files? As lots of people have been in game, it is more than likely something to do with the files being corrupted or something.
  • roostert52#4001 roostert52 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Same here. It just gets stuck on the Cryptic loading screen. I've tried reinstalls, force patch verify, starting from the neverwinter.exe, opening ports, disabling firewalls and AV, updating video drivers, running in compatibility mode, 2 different command line options, deleted the .cache and piggs directory. Lots of internet searching. Nothing works. Still crashes in the same spot, about 750MB memory usage, about 2/3 the way up on the loading screen. Interestingly enough, Star Trek online has the same crash point.

Web searches show that this is a reoccuring issue over the past few years. Totally ridiculous.

The game was working fine prior to Nov. 6, and just stopped suddenly. I'm out of ideas.
    some here
  • talllfusetalllfuse Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Game not loading, stuck on patching after hitting 'enter world' 2 days so far and just stuck at the same place
    I was told there was a patch out today. Didn't help
    Finally solved. First, there is a command line option that really really helps. "-console" You enter it at the bottom of the option screen in the launcher. It opens a second window that actually lists out what the game is doing as it loads and will show exactly where it's getting stuck. I wish tech support had told me about the commandline option.

In my case, gameclient.exe was returning this error: Initializing Logitech LCD...failed. Apparently there is something preventing the LCD manager from opening. Interestingly enough, have the Logitech G910 keyboard and G502 mouse, but not an LCD keyboard. Figures it's some software I don't use that causes the issue. I uninstalled the Logitech Gaming software and the game loaded right up. I reinstalled the Logitech software and it's still working. Who knows.

Hope this helps.
    no still won't work tried the option screen nothing happens my Launcher update but it still won't load the game it will go to the cryptic loading screen it loads to 30 to 40% then it stops and when click the mouse 2 times a window will pop up and say not responding
    On the launcher, in the options menu, put "-console" at the very bottom of the option page. Then also uncheck full screen and check safe mode. This way the game tries to load in a window and you can see the console open and see what the game is trying to do. Hope it helps.
    no still will not load it can't not pass 30 to 40% on the cryptic loading page console do nothing
    edited November 2019
    What does the console window say? Where is the program stopping? The console is to help diagnose where the game is crashing.
    it is not the console on my it is the launcher not console

my launcher say this : Verifying 0/125808: Characterclasscategories.Bin is what mine is saying and when I tried to load the game it will go the cryptic loading screen loads up to 30 to 40% then stops say not responding
    If the bottom bar on the launcher isn't changing when you force verify, then there is a network problem.

The console is the window that pops up, if you type "-console" (minus the quotes) into the bottom bar (it's labled Command Line) on the option page of the launcher. That window gives you a line by line description of what gameclient.exe is doing as it loads. When gameclient.exe stops responding, the console window will show you the last thing the game was trying to do. That is most likely where the fault lies. You can't see the console window unless you uncheck full screen and check safe mode in the options.

In my case, it was a conflict with another app which was fixed when I uninstalled that app and reinstalled it.
    my is saying this Verifying 0/125808: Characterclasscategories.Bin
    what is force verify means
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    @sarahconnor Force verify means " verify the game files are working". Top of your launcher is "Option" open it, check "force verify", and then click save. This will start verifying the game files are working and can take couple of minutes and definitely should verify all 125808/125808. I just forced verify and can confirmed my launcher is able to verify 125808/125808.

Once the verifying is complete the "Play" button should be accessible for you to click and log into the game.

"my is saying this Verifying 0/125808: Characterclasscategories.Bin" from your previous post statement, make sure to always run your Neverwinter as "Administrator" and not have Window Firewall/Antivirus software somehow blocking it from downloading patches/files.

"my is saying this Verifying 0/125808: Characterclasscategories.Bin" from your previous post statement, could be your file source is corrupted and the game cannot find the original installed game source. You might want to uninstall Neverwinter and reinstall again into your main drive.

Hope this help.

no don't work
  • skill2killu#3434 skill2killu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    yup..... this game breaks on load.. im not sure why it wont fix I really have no clue what to do at this point. I am soo dissapointed
  • savg#4700 savg Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @"roostert52#4001" said:
    > Finally solved. First, there is a command line option that really really helps. "-console" You enter it at the bottom of the option screen in the launcher. It opens a second window that actually lists out what the game is doing as it loads and will show exactly where it's getting stuck. I wish tech support had told me about the commandline option.
    >
    > In my case, gameclient.exe was returning this error: Initializing Logitech LCD...failed. Apparently there is something preventing the LCD manager from opening. Interestingly enough, have the Logitech G910 keyboard and G502 mouse, but not an LCD keyboard. Figures it's some software I don't use that causes the issue. I uninstalled the Logitech Gaming software and the game loaded right up. I reinstalled the Logitech software and it's still working. Who knows.
    >
    > Hope this helps.

I have the exact same mouse so I tried doing the same thing as you by deleting Logitech Gaming Software but it didn't help. I also typed the -console into the command line at the bottom of the options menu but that didn't open the second window with the console like you mentioned. So I wasn't able to see what was going on. Tried 3-5 times as well to make sure, switch between the steam client and the arc client.
  • tylerp530#9575 tylerp530 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I just got the game with some friends their games loaded in no problem however my game loads to about 3/4 of the way then fully crashes out. I have put in the -console command and see that it always gets to loading PlayerCostume and that is where it crashes. I have verified my files around 5 times in the loading area. I am also on steam if this makes a difference.
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    @tylerp530 Are you trying to load into game at fullscreen? Try selecting "fullscreen" at Option up top before you press "Play".

You can run the game independent from any clients (Steam/Arc) by going into your Neverwinter program file and click on Neverwinter.exe.

Another fix possibly is to reinstall the game (and also to make sure NW is not block by your antivirus/firewall).
  • nijinski#0551 nijinski Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Had a similar problem, turned out to be the iCUE software for my Corsair mouse.

I replaced the CUESDK DLL in C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\x64 with a far newer one I downloaded from from the SDK website at https://github.com/CorsairOfficial/cue-sdk/releases
    How did you replace it? Did you delete the 2015 version and copy the new version, 2017, there? Or rename the 2017 as the 2015?

As you can see, the game has stopped working. This time the console isn't giving me any clue as to where it's getting stuck.