test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companion XP and ViP

micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
ViP had a feature where it shared the player XP gain to the active companions. With the companion rework it was removed.

Can we have something of the sort back? Understandable if it can't be done on the active, as the powers are separated, but then on all the companions in the "stable".

I'm not sure anyone find it fun to run around with some annoying companion just to rank it up.

Comments

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    VIP needs a rework, the game changed so much since the release of VIP
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    My girlfriend would invoke for me and switch in some random companions so they got the XP from the invoke. Didn't take too long before they were all at max level.

Just have to be wary of having the wrong companion summoned when you do a run. Otherwise, switch to a comp you want to level up when you invoke then switch it back.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    micky1p00 said:

ViP had a feature where it shared the player XP gain to the active companions. With the companion rework it was removed.

Can we have something of the sort back? Understandable if it can't be done on the active, as the powers are separated, but then on all the companions in the "stable".

I'm not sure anyone find it fun to run around with some annoying companion just to rank it up.

No, you don't need to run around with "annoying companion just to rank it up".
    This is how I rank up many of mine (over 20 since the change). And, I even have tons of companion XP tomes that I don't even bother to use them.

Before "getting XP and reward", switch companion. Get the reward and XP. Switch back to your favorite companion.

"Getting XP and reward" are the operations like this:
    1. invocation.
    2. return the quest to the quest giver.
    3. No, not fighting with monster.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited November 2019

micky1p00 said:

This is how I rank up many of mine (over 20 since the change). And, I even have tons of companion XP tomes that I don't even bother to use them.

Before "getting XP and reward", switch companion. Get the reward and XP. Switch back to your favorite companion.

1. invocation.
    XP and Reward - I'm not leveling a new char, I need a set of new companions, I prefer not need to run crapton of some quests just for this, so that while obvious, it is extra work.
    And ofc I swap, but swapping to it and from is exactly what I don't want to do.

Invoking while great, will take me half year to do for 5 companions.

And if I want to have the quest and invoke, I'll rather just keep the crappy companion summoned that swap every time

If the ViP like option was a thing, that half year of invoking would have been done ahead of time for all companions.

Tomes, yes, they are nice, lets say I run out of the yellow crappy type and want to use the purple, those cost quite a bit. I don't feel I should pay for something that was already part of ViP and payed for long long ago

edited November 2019
    micky1p00 said:

micky1p00 said:

1. invocation.
    XP and Reward - I'm not leveling a new char, I need a set of new companions, I prefer not need to run crapton of some quests just for this, so that while obvious, it is extra work.
    And ofc I swap, but swapping to it and from is exactly what I don't want to do.

Invoking while great, will take me half year to do for 5 companions.

And if I want to have the quest and invoke, I'll rather just keep the crappy companion summoned that swap every time

If the ViP like option was a thing, that half year of invoking would have been done ahead of time for all companions.

Tomes, yes, they are nice, lets say I run out of the yellow crappy type and want to use the purple, those cost quite a bit. I don't feel I should pay for something that was already part of ViP and payed for long long ago

Well, may be just me (I am crazy about XP bonus), I raised 3 companions to Epic max per character in one week through invocation only. That was done recently just because I noticed a few of my alt toons had level 1 Epic companions and I got the new companion from Gith pack too. I do do invocation 6 times per character a day.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Fair enough, and yes, there plenty of ways to level a companion, but honestly I just don't want to care or think about it.
    For a new player it maybe interesting, but I'm really not there, I need them for the active bonuses, and nothing more, the entire process of leveling them so I can rank them up, is just annoying 'setback' that I need to go through.

A situation "ok, this companion works ok in the setup, lets upgrade it to legendary" and then "Oh HAMSTER, now I need to level it first" is just... meh..
    edited November 2019
    What you asked is fair but you won't get that anytime soon if ever.
    The following is how I operate and hence, it is not a pain for me.
    I have a combat loadout and a XP loadout.
    My habit: I always switch to XP loadout (if I can) when I receive reward (from invocation or quest giver).
    The "new" companion will just be the companion of the XP loadout (assuming I want to use something else for combat).
    Because of my habit, raising a new companion to Epic does not take long and does not need to change my routine to deal with it.
    For the character I play, usually takes one day (basically a few hours) to raise one from level 1 to Epic max.
    No, I don't do unnecessary quest just because I want to raise a companion. I was talking about quests that I would do regardless such as weekly AD quests.

For me, raising the companion is not the pain. The time it needs to be trained to get to that level is. Yes, you can pay AD to speed that up but I'm too cheap for that.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

I'm going to ignore the other comments in the thread about alternate upgrading methods because, honestly, that's neither here nor there and has nothing to do with what you asked.

Your request is quite simply to give us back what was removed from our VIP. I 100% agree with this.

Also, in past mods, if you used companion experience tomes it applied to all 5 of your active companions. Now it only applies to your summoned companion.

That means your tomes have basically been nerfed into the ground since it takes 5 times as many to get 5 companions upgraded.