test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tanks being super squishy again. We need Class Balancing

Ever since this new mod came out I noticed they took the 40% HP away for being a Tank and stamina in PvP still don't work right and now they remove the nerf from armor pent and critical strike in PvP, Rogue are one shotting people for 700k easily and there is nothing you can do about it. The HP and stamina of the tanks should have stay and the shield the Control Wizard got makes them more tanker than tanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    treentbail21#9864 treentbail21 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Yup let's face it dps barbs are tankiest then tank barbs right now lol.
  • Options
    kegsondeck#2000 kegsondeck Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    You guys are too OP as it is!!! I say 15% decreased HP for you in dom!
  • Options
    treentbail21#9864 treentbail21 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Gotta love the trolling kegs lol.
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    On PC last I heard, the tank HP bonus now works again.

From what I've seen, barbarians are doing well on PC in PVP. Though from what I understand, they only use one paragon path in PVP.
    Fighters and paladins aren't doing as well and give the impression they are near the bottom of the class pyramid. Its hard to tell how much of that is a player quality issue and how much of it is actually the class though. What is clear is that they aren't as powerful as wizards.
    Rogues, rangers, and clerics all seem to be less powerful than wizard as well but close to evenly matched with eachother.

In the case of wizard, their advantage seems to be mostly due to the shield on tab + shadowclad combination.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I pvp as a fighter tank. I don't use the sigil/soulforged, and do pretty good I think. As of yesterday, my HP drops(no comps) from 510k in PE, to 370k in pvp. Knowing the class well does help, have to get used to the 2 blocks you have.
    Post edited by stark760 on
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited October 2019

Ever since this new mod came out I noticed they took the 40% HP away for being a Tank and stamina in PvP still don't work right and now they remove the nerf from armor pent and critical strike in PvP, Rogue are one shotting people for 700k easily and there is nothing you can do about it. The HP and stamina of the tanks should have stay and the shield the Control Wizard got makes them more tanker than tanks.

seems like you are confusing class balancing with actual class building .. you might want to actually try that
    and not go into pvp with cardboard armor and cracker jack box gear ... nor give inflated damage examples of other players actually doing so
  • Options
    animamundi24animamundi24 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    stark760 said:

I pvp as a fighter tank. I don't use the sigil/soulforged, and do pretty good I think. Knowing the class well does help, have to get used to the 2 blocks you have.

Well, how many soulforged subhumans can you beat in 1vs1 fights?
    Considering as you both have a decent gear but you cannot deal him a proper damage, and then he uses sigil and regenerates quickly.
  • Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User

stark760 said:

I pvp as a fighter tank. I don't use the sigil/soulforged, and do pretty good I think. Knowing the class well does help, have to get used to the 2 blocks you have.

Well, how many soulforged subhumans can you beat in 1vs1 fights?
    Considering as you both have a decent gear but you cannot deal him a proper damage, and then he uses sigil and regenerates quickly.
    Depends on how much defense they have, and if they can even hurt me. If they go sigil/soulforged, they can die, but can also be pointless if they stack def and do no DPS, on top of that. Thought the point here was squishiness, not the sigil being overpowered, or soulforged being annoying when you think you earned a kill(any mount power will kill through soulforged when they first pop up also-I use carpet). People like Jericho, that haven't died in 2-3 months, has nothing to with tank survivability.
  • Options
    alfalolzalfalolz Member Posts: 161 Arc User

From what I've seen, barbarians are doing well on PC in PVP. Though from what I understand, they only use one paragon path in PVP.
    Fighters and paladins aren't doing as well and give the impression they are near the bottom of the class pyramid. Its hard to tell how much of that is a player quality issue and how much of it is actually the class though. What is clear is that they aren't as powerful as wizards.
    Rogues, rangers, and clerics all seem to be less powerful than wizard as well but close to evenly matched with eachother.

In the case of wizard, their advantage seems to be mostly due to the shield on tab + shadowclad combination.

Omg, bro... you are totally right. Seems like wizards have broken shield in a tab. Cuz it soacks waaay too much damage. and they got huge amounts of control on top of that.

• Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    alfalolz said:

Omg, bro... you are totally right. Seems like wizards have broken shield in a tab. Cuz it soacks waaay too much damage. and they got huge amounts of control on top of that.

I don't think its accurate to say they have huge amounts of control, if you check the duration of their CCs, they are very short, especially compared to other classes like rogue, ranger, and barbarian. Wizard's micro CCs also seem kinda sparce and unmemorable when I fight them.

Wizard does have very good mechanics for winning matches though, they are ranged, do really high damage, and have repel. This isn't an issue by itself but when you add on the tankyness from shield + shadowclad on top of it, it becomes too much to really call it an even fight.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    there is your ,missing hitpoints lolz turn out they were not ,missing after all

Noworries says

The tank hit point bonus was always intended to apply to sources considered as base stats only.

When M16 went live, companions were setup in an incorrect way that was causing them to be considered player base stats. This also caused several other issues with how they were functioning in the game. As this was fixed, companions no longer counted as base stats and the tank hit point bonus no longer applied to their stats.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/13131392

so it looks like it is learn to play issue for tank classes now : D