test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CC resistance in Pvp the good the bad the ugly ..+ Dev response

kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
edited October 2019 in PvP Discussion

Cryptic-Ridi (system designer)Last Monday at 7:26 PM
I also figured out some more CC issues after looking into the CC resistance issue, and found a few encounter/daily powers that are not being influenced by CC resistance. Those will also hopefully be in for this Thursday's build before the season starts.

I appreciate your kind words. I'd like for us not to make these mistakes in the first place, but that's the nature of the beast when it comes to MMOs; especially ones with a few years under its belt. I hope that I can be a good representative of the PvP community, and that I can react in a timely manner to fix things that are causing problems.

Cryptic-RidiToday
There are about 6 CC powers right now, which I fixed, but did not make it into the build that went out yesterday, which are still broken.
broken in that they are not being influenced by CC resistance

QA needed time to go over the changes, so we held them back from the build. However the more global CC resistance changes did make it in.

Kalina Asks

''I asked Cryptic-Ridi (system designer) in discord Which powers were not respecting cc resistance in pvp? should that not have been in the patch notes ? what is the default "extra' pvp resistance in pvp is there one since you got rid of the pvp cc stacking system ? is the halfling racial CC bonus still applying the extra 10% resistance working ?
is stacking adding extra cc resistance in pvp 10% = .1 of a second less control time ?
control strength / resist in pvp use to be from 10%- 300% range depending on power - a player control resist. is a power duration equivalent to its control strength then on that scale
if its a controlling one
how does the new and improved fixed elven battle enchantment factor into this now as far as cc reduction resisance is concerned

Cryptic-Ridi answers
Hey there. I'm hesitant to post a list of CC powers that aren't functioning correctly, because we typically observe that when people know about which ones specifically aren't working as intended, they go and slot/use those powers more frequently than they did previously, so providing a list of them only draws attention to abuse-able bugs, and we'd rather not do that. There's only about 6 of them however.
The Halfling Racial Bonus should be working as intended. I'm not going to get into the specific value of the CC resistance bonus for PvP, but it was previously putting players at max CC resistance cap, without any additional CC resistance gear being needed. The changes I implemented made it so that the CC resistance wasn't at cap, and the math behind it would function differently for the sake of all the gear that can be worn to reduce CC further (meaning players can go above what was known as the previous cap due to a math issue). As such, I didn't change Elven Battle at all - I made the math that handles CC resistance work more in line with our expectations.
Post edited by kalina311 on

Comments

• Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    so cc powers are going to be ,much more effective in pvp now unless you stack control resistance
    I played a match last night 1 was 3 v 1 o na node .. i must have been stunned 3 times in a row overlapping for like 5-7 seconds (felt like longer) ..yes i still got away tho but barely(using a defensive build ) : d ...any glass cannon now might have to adjust thier builds to be a bit more defensive ,..

so control / stun locking powers are the new meta now / again and some have yet to be fixed ..

on the bright side elven battle actually works now and adds to your cc resistance since it is no longer auto programmed at cap on the pvp maps
  • Options
    I had once a build with a lot Deflect and -80% deflect severity and stamina. I could tank 3 people easy unless HR is one of the 3 people with root ability... when he root my character i lose all the deflect and got killed instanly... Even when i am locked by GWF i could wait and run away...