test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How are your Warlocks doing?

chnops68chnops68 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
After this latest Patch, my Warlock is in a much better place, i’d Like to hear how others who main a warlock are doing. I had fun playing all content this past weekend and wanted to say thank you to who ever fixed my Warlock, I appreciate it!!!

Comments

• Options
    arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Better especially swapping vorpal for bile in my case.but for mk us challange with beast tr or hr i think need more love for hellbringer
  • Options
    kingdarien#5736 kingdarien Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    It’s kinda hard to tell since the 10/17 update improved damage output of Warlocks, but did so in conjunction with increasing hit points of enemies. So, been testing it for a week now and it unfortunately feels like a wash.
  • Options
    farfax#6018 farfax Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I disagree, he even feels a little worse.
  • Options
    arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    4 every1 want t know the real hellbringer warlok state just gt watch garlaaanx vid on tube :) we definitly got nerfed, the little improvment dps yu see come from new dps formula
  • Options
    hotlafi#4843 hotlafi Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I think they are moving in the right direction but, needs a lot of improving. Compared to other classes, we actually slipped down in dps. I hope they don't lose focus on our class and make adjustments very soon.
    There are plenty of insightful recommendations in the preview section.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    For solo play and trash you feel more powerful like all classes that have a feature to apply combat advantage (warlock, wizard, TR). Doing group content, where all classes can get CA by positioning, the class is even worse compared to mod 16, esp. dealing focus damage. You get bypassed easily and if you want to know by what margin, ask @tom#6998 who plays and compared warlock vs wizard on preview at BIS level, approximately >40% less in tomm. No, the class is at the bottom, even my Dreadnaught deals >25% more on a dummy compared against Hellbringer, eat it or simply don't. I shelved that path completely, worthless, except running solo and smashing powries :/
    Instead of improving class mechanics and other powers they buffed Curse Bites, an aoe encounter, wich allready did ok and was a one way solution for consume builds. The responsible dev did not understand at all what misses, he simply ignored most input as he did for the last month.
    Either you go healer spec or stop investing into the class, since from what I learned in the last 5 years, it takes about 2-3 years minimum to adjust classes, even smaller issues take ages to get adressed (or simply don't get adressed).
    Be warned, you will not get into endgame with a dps spec on a warlock for the next years as it looks !
    From what I can tell focus damage from Hellbringer is even worse than all other "stepchild classes" not capable to run tomm, naming Arbiter and Dreadnaught at first.
    And again -> no, they did not move into the right direction, it is the other way.
    Fixing smaller issues but downgradig the dps path compared to all other dps is the WRONG direction.
    Talking about healing abilities, Warlock looks more balanced than other classes, but inferior tbh. Running on my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> DC it feels like overhealing 24/7, having double the ammount of magnitude compared to Soulweaver.

In simple words , the class is destroyed, most ambitious player left and the responsible ones don`t care that much.
    We are mod 17, six month after mod 16 launch on PC and there is no way to step into actual endcontent as dps.
    If you look at this fact and the fact that there was send tons of input and feedback towards this company, it simply leads to point, where any further communication is a waste of time, pushing most ambitious player (if sane in mind) away from the class same as the game.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    melwyn#1535 melwyn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Played lock for just over a year some good some bad but mod 16 has been a let down.
    I admire the guys checking dps switching loadouts and enchantment.. but you should not be having to mess about madly just to try to be relevant dps wise.
    I'd ask the devs to take into account time money ad zen locks have put into the class and pull fingers out.We dont want special treatment just to be treat fairly.
  • Options
    mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Giant pile of steaming....ad sink. Completely worthless as dps in endgame content. They makes dps palladins look viable. Build a cw or be content on the carry buss.
  • Options
    giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Horrible as expected. They want to destroy the DPS path.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    In tomm max endgame warlock dps is a flat hard carry. Nonviable, unless you find 5 cw's willing to pull dead weight. All other content, well, it's at least doable...
  • Options
    legend#9825 legend Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Warlock encounters and powers need higher magnitudes, about 25% overall... In addition, our powers synergy with feats and soulsparks is horrible. We are the only class in the game that in order to use a power we use a resource that grants us damage % (self-defeating). I have requested this to be change, and have S/S be on a timer similar to how CW have mastery button.

The change of creeping death coming is a small increase but Executive Gift still outperforms it in long fights. Maybe, they should allow us to select in our feats, Executive Gifts and Creeping Death by placing them in separate columns.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Well, they did increase magnitude on vampiric embrace, you just don't want use it with paladin healers or loose shields. Yay another useless and pointless power.
    Post edited by mongol69 on
  • Options
    athena#2864 athena Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Clearly the Dev's do not care whatsoever! Really annoyed as I have been playing the Warlock for years and have invested so much time and money into it. Making a new toon is just not viable for me. Now they want to change all sorts of things without even bothering to listen to what the people that actually play the game want. Doubt I will ever spend another cent of my hard earned money on this game again.

If they actually bothered to improve the Warlock I would not mind dropping more money into my Warlock but until then Arc can kiss my money goodbye!
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I just started really playing again yesterday after several months off, and the only thing that felt different was ranged hand of blight - which annoys me. I resent being encouraged to use that at-will as a ranged attack. I also resent any more attention wasted on cursed bite. I'm never going to base my playstyle around that power.

The main upside to me as I shuffle through classes is the decent cooldown rate of the warlock's powers. Otherwise it's still not going through things as fast as some of my other classes even though that particular character's the most developed of my bunch.

- bit off topic, but after firing up the game again, at first I thought my warlock was bugging out because I'm hitting the button and nothing's happening. Took me a second to realize I was trying to tag foes with warlock curse -
    old habits...
  • Options
    chnops68chnops68 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    @athena#2864
    @frogwalloper#6494

I share your frustrations but I have finally found a decent build for both AoE and ST. I admit I reluctantly started using curse bite and did not enjoy it at first but now I have adjusted to it and use it in most of my HB builds.

I can now melt most content and can hold my own in LoMM. I don’t run ToMM because for me hard = work, not fun and I don’t want to do a dungeon that is choreographed in such a way that it has to be done like this or die.

If you guys play on Xbox I would be happy to group up and run content.

I am alway ecstatic when I find myself in a group of 3 or 4 Warlocks :)~ WOOP WOOP!
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    chnops68 said:

I am alway ecstatic when I find myself in a group of 3 or 4 Warlocks :)~ WOOP WOOP!

That is a ton of fun.
    Next best might be queuing as a barbie or pally and landing in a full group of the same.

I'm on ps4, but thank you for the offer - and the recommendation. I'll have to give CB another go.
  • Options
    sadisticphycosadisticphyco Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Warlocks dps improved a little bit however not enough to be accepted to run tomm
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Ask me after I start mod 18...