test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I need a guild o matic

onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User
History:

I joined a guild in 2015 as it started. 1 day after everyone left and I had to decide what to do.
I decided to build up the guild and see how far I can go.
The requirements to join the guild was only no spam and beeing respectful.

We never had forced events - so char first then guild.
Even with no forced events we reached guild hall 20 and max boons.

We have many single players in the guild and also a lot of weekend players.
Over the years some people left others joined like it is.
If your Account was not online for 2-3 month you are inactive and you are kicked, so new people can join.

why I want a guild o matic.

The prob is: still some people are in the guild who also joined not long time after me.
With mod 16 I got less and less active and don´t want to give the guild away and mess up the game for long time members.
Only because of me others can get kicked that would be just wrong.
This is one of the reasons I still log in.

how the guild o matic should work.

The guild auto accepts all invites
If your ACCOUNT (not charackter) is not online once in 3 month all your chars get auto removed.
Everyone in the guild can set a target what to build
Noone can destroy any building.
Noone can kick people from the guild, only auto kick works.
Alts are allowed up to 10 chars.
Guild ranks are created through the years - so every year you play you get 1 promotion.
For alliance invites and so on the highest guild member (the one who is in the longest time) gets the right to do it.

Please add something so I can set my guid to automatic an noone gets affected if I´m not on anymore.

Comments

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    To be honest, you can already build a guild like this, but it is not something you can "walk away from care free".
    You set your rules up the way you expressed them above;
    This is simple you allow the lowest rank to invite.
    If your ACCOUNT (not charackter) is not online once in 3 month all your chars get auto removed.
    This requires maintenance from the Guild Leader who you make the only rank allowed to kick members.

All in the rules settings.
    Again requires maintenance from the Guild Leader. Easy to do with export of the membership monthly. Can be done with chat command /ExportGuildMemberList
    Guild ranks are created through the years - so every year you play you get 1 promotion.
    This seems pointless, as you would not be granting any additional privileges?
    For alliance invites and so on the highest guild member (the one who is in the longest time) gets the right to do it.
    This would again require a vote of the members.
    Guild Leaders are currently required to log in once every 30 days or their hat is passed down to the next rank. This doesn't sound any different of a strategy than the auto guilds made in Champions Online. They are automated and hold no meaning for most players. No one, I know of, stays in these automated guilds, they prefer "active guilds" and not machine driven automation.

Currently I have one of my character's in guild owned by a whale. I have to call him up, once in a while, just to remind him his leadership is about to expire or has and is asking me to take over. They normally show up at the start of each module, play for a while and leave. Mod 17 no one showed up. They said, they might come back for module 18 or Black Friday, but they are busy elsewhere.

All the rest of my guilds are purely just banks to hold my extra stuff. I keep telling players in chat, to find a good active guild;
    1. O key
    2. Find Guild Tab
    3. Click the purple icon
    4. Sort it high to low
    5. Apply to the guild you want
    It might sound like I am disrespecting your idea, I am not, I am just pointing out this has be done in Champions before and fails. It can be done here, assuming you take the time to set it up, and are willing to check up on your creation once every 30 days.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User

To be honest, you can already build a guild like this, but it is not something you can "walk away from care free".
    You set your rules up the way you expressed them above;

This is simple you allow the lowest rank to invite.
    This requires maintenance from the Guild Leader who you make the only rank allowed to kick members.

All in the rules settings.
    Again requires maintenance from the Guild Leader. Easy to do with export of the membership monthly. Can be done with chat command /ExportGuildMemberList
    This seems pointless, as you would not be granting any additional privileges?
    This would again require a vote of the members.
    Guild Leaders are currently required to log in once every 30 days or their hat is passed down to the next rank. This doesn't sound any different of a strategy than the auto guilds made in Champions Online. They are automated and hold no meaning for most players. No one, I know of, stays in these automated guilds, they prefer "active guilds" and not machine driven automation.

Currently I have one of my character's in guild owned by a whale. I have to call him up, once in a while, just to remind him his leadership is about to expire or has and is asking me to take over. They normally show up at the start of each module, play for a while and leave. Mod 17 no one showed up. They said, they might come back for module 18 or Black Friday, but they are busy elsewhere.

All the rest of my guilds are purely just banks to hold my extra stuff. I keep telling players in chat, to find a good active guild;
    1. O key
    2. Find Guild Tab
    3. Click the purple icon
    4. Sort it high to low
    5. Apply to the guild you want
    It might sound like I am disrespecting your idea, I am not, I am just pointing out this has be done in Champions before and fails. It can be done here, assuming you take the time to set it up, and are willing to check up on your creation once every 30 days.

the thing is: I don´t want to have another guild leader. Another guild leader can kick people who are in since years. So if I leave the game others game could be destroyed too. Thats wrong. Because of that I want a guild o matic.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    onlymat said:

the thing is: I don´t want to have another guild leader. Another guild leader can kick people who are in since years. So if I leave the game others game could be destroyed too. Thats wrong. Because of that I want a guild o matic.

I ran a guild from 2011 to 2015, on another MMO, I did all the work and purchases needed getting it built. The people in my guild were a pretty good crowd, but population dwindled and so the guild sat empty after 2015. I never kicked people from my guild, but it is still there should they return.

When I came here, I sure didn't want to be Guild Leader in two online games. So I can understand, anyone not wanting to be "The Boss", on any online guild. But I will just restate how I feel about the automated guilds, I personally wouldn't care for any robot guild, game made or player made. Large guilds will expect you to be online and supporting the guild in most cases. People are the driving force behind the membership of any guild. Good leadership is required and an automated system is not good leadership. If you leave the game, you really don't care about the guild or what the next person in charge will do with the guild.
    wb-cenders.gif