test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unbind Items

Maybe this has been brought up before... maybe not. For it's very brief life, Marvel Heroes Omega had an option to buy an unbind token that would allow you to remove a character binding from an item and transfer it to another toon. It still remained account bound and would become character bound again once equipped. Any chance of something like this? Seems like it would be a good way to get a little extra revenue.

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    we've been asking for this for many years now. doesn't seem likely to happen.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    It's like they don't want our money.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Yes, years ago I started playing Guild Wars (original) and the only time they would bind items to your character was when you insisted. The idea was much like the recent locks to prevent you from discarding or selling it to a vendor. I am not trying to make Neverwinter into my favorite MMOs. It just doesn't make any sense to go hunting purple armor drops. If players could sell them in the AH, then new upcoming players could buy them for use.

As for the reasoning, best I can guess, they don't want us trading high end gear with each other. They want us to get the same off hand weapon 3 to 5 times in a row so we can just pitch it in with the recycled garbage. This makes us play the end content longer, but it sure doesn't make us enjoy it.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I haven't even been asking for unbind as in total unbind to sell or trade, I think that would hoark the economy. bad thing. but I would love one that would unbind to account from char. it would probably hoark the economy too.. but be far more within reason. even better than unbind would just be a class change token.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    The price of a unbind token would be too expensive if it can unbind a legendary mount. The token would also devalue legendary mounts and lower key sales. They would have to exclude legendary mount, and maybe one or two other items that are meant to be extremely rare or special.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    It would be nice if they would unbind items drops (new drops) from old campaigns, like underdark rings, SOMI marks, etc. Because no matter how many times I run CN over the years I never get that sudden precision +5. It would be nice for those who want to complete collections but their luck is a big steaming pile of hamster poo.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC