test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Physical and Magical damage added to tool tip

daviar1daviar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
Would you be willing to add a "physical" or "magical" notation to the at-wills encounters, and dailies to indicate which bonus from the abilities would apply. There are some abilities that seem like either or both might apply. It's frustrating to plan a character if there is no idea which bonuses will affect which abilities.

Comments

• daviar1daviar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2019

you can use advanced combat tracker to see whether your powers are magical or physical dmg......from my testing all of the clerics attacks are physical.....so theres no telling what they've done for other classes....

Thank you for your response.
    I've played this game for a few years and I have no idea what the advanced combat tracker is. The only one I'm aware of is option to enable combat results in the chat window. But that's not very helpful. You'd have to use the encounters in combat before increasing your abilities (str/int) when leveling. Simple verbiage in the tool tip would solve it. To me, it isn't intuitive that a clerics daily, encounter, and at wills would all be physical. Most of the encounters seem as if they'd be magical. The assignment of damage types doesn't seem logical.

On the subject, I think it would help if the tool tip for companions being bought in the auction house would indicate which types they are (ie Augment/mystical, etc...). The whole interface seems rushed and uninformative.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    also the physical and magical damage boost seem to be scaledown with the scale down system, that includes recharge speed, ap gain and stamina regen percentages
  • daviar1daviar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    I don't think that making people download a separate program just to get information that should already be in the tool tip is reasonable. I use a pc and couldn't get that program to work. Regardless, how will those on consoles know.