test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Customization on pets and mounts

kittendkittend Member Posts: 21 Arc User
i would love to have customization on mounts and pets, like for example we all pick pets according to stats but i want to be able to change the look.like i have an augment assigned so it doesn't have a nice look to it but i like the stats and i want to change the way it looks like to a dog (provided i already own the dog companion) similar to the way they have changed the cosmetic of the game. same with mounts u spend real money to buy a mount so u want to use the mount but i prefer the look of some of the mounts u win in game so i want to be able to use that look with the points and skills of my summoned mount.

Comments

• Options
    mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Mounts already work that way. You can use any mount you have available in your stable.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Companions can't work that way.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    I completely agree with this. Changing some visual for the pet would be a splendid idea. I know that there would be a lot of Mystic Phoera's flying about if that was the case.

True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    As stated, mounts already work this way. I believe greywynd is correct that companions can't work this way. It would cause too many technical issues, and they would have to completely rework companions (again!). Maybe they would be willing to do it in the future, but it's not something that will come any time soon.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Mount does not show up during combat. Companion does.
    When mount combat power is used, the skin mount does not show up. The mount with that power does.
    i.e. there are 2 stages. non-combat stage, skin mount. Combat stage, original mount with that power (if user can trigger it).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***