test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trying to decide if I should continue investing in my barb...

ezarielezariel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Just wanted a little input into my dilemma. I am somewhat new to the current game, started at the beginning and played some through the years here and there but this is the first time I have really committed to playing seriously. My barb is a little over a month old. I started it because I wanted to be able to DPS, and possibly tank when it was needed. Barb seemed a perfect fit for that with its paragons.

But I have done my research, I know what I need to do to improve. And unfortunately I know the state we are in at the top of endgame. Having leveled an HR to 80 as well, I understand why we are under performing currently pretty well. I would like to see how far I can get into the top levels of the game but due to weekly/daily caps of various things I do realize I am pretty far away still from getting there (at least a couple months to earn the AD and finish boons. I am looking to earn my way, not buy it.). It is quite possible that things may change before I get there.

I am at the point where I really need to start investing huge amounts of AD to get the things I need. Is there hope in the near future for barbs to be more viable and accepted as DPS? Or should I invest that currency in my HR or another class? I do love barb as a class, but I feel very disheartened when I try to push further in the game and find myself heavily outclassed by other more meta classes with less gear and effort than I have put in. I constantly find my self second guessing my determination every time I work on my barb, wondering if it is all just wasted effort in the end.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    rafamarques#5700 rafamarques Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    ... HR seens a good investment for now. for every other class - just look cws being nerfed - wait for module 18.

Farm old gears, companions bonus, etc,etc... that can be a wasting of time/ad after overall changes that will come (if come).

• Options
    huashan#7979 huashan Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    ezariel said:

Just wanted a little input into my dilemma. I am somewhat new to the current game, started at the beginning and played some through the years here and there but this is the first time I have really committed to playing seriously. My barb is a little over a month old. I started it because I wanted to be able to DPS, and possibly tank when it was needed. Barb seemed a perfect fit for that with its paragons.

But I have done my research, I know what I need to do to improve. And unfortunately I know the state we are in at the top of endgame. Having leveled an HR to 80 as well, I understand why we are under performing currently pretty well. I would like to see how far I can get into the top levels of the game but due to weekly/daily caps of various things I do realize I am pretty far away still from getting there (at least a couple months to earn the AD and finish boons. I am looking to earn my way, not buy it.). It is quite possible that things may change before I get there.

I am at the point where I really need to start investing huge amounts of AD to get the things I need. Is there hope in the near future for barbs to be more viable and accepted as DPS? Or should I invest that currency in my HR or another class? I do love barb as a class, but I feel very disheartened when I try to push further in the game and find myself heavily outclassed by other more meta classes with less gear and effort than I have put in. I constantly find my self second guessing my determination every time I work on my barb, wondering if it is all just wasted effort in the end.

Thoughts?

Nerf will come to HR and then TR , they need keep '' nerfing'' classes because they need keep AD/ZEN rotation in game. I'm main GWF too and i will not change my class, i play there because i like the style, i know that for now GWF and GF are not required to do TOMM, they ask for range classe with '' bugged multiplicative damage '', but this will change, pass mod CW was over powered and now HR, every new mod they nerf one top dps class to make people create another toon and spend money again... If you like GWF just keep playing, NWO is more that TOMM, unfortunately all companies are mercenary nowadays...