test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Burnished vs Alabaster set

Which do you prefer and why? Asked differently, if you had to run LOMM with one which would it be?

Comments

• Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I will say my personal opinion Burnished and why because compared to alabaster I am able to keep the bonus up 90% of the time and thats just awesome.
    I can in no way shape or form say that it is best for you to use or not use or why or why not.
    I simply can not say this because only you will know the answer for your self.
    For me I have used both and for me my personal opinion is burnish is best.
    My advice is go on a testing spree testing both out and then you to will come down to a conclusion that might or might not be the same conclusion I have came to but the end result would mean that you would have answered your own question completely.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Alabaster is great if all you do are dailies and short dungeons, however as soon as you get to harder content, when boss fights last longer than a minute, you lose any sort of set bonus. With the burnished, as long as you remain close enough to the tank to receive healing, you always have a power bonus. It all depends on how and what you play.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    how do you get Burnished?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User

how do you get Burnished?

in yawning portal by the seal vendor
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Burnished weapon set is what you must buy using seals of the deeps. Meaning you must be ready and willing to run lair of the mad mage or tower of the mad mage to get enough seals of the deep to buy it from the vendor.
  • Options
    jantogsf#0997 jantogsf Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    > @arazith07 said:
    > Alabaster is great if all you do are dailies and short dungeons, however as soon as you get to harder content, when boss fights last longer than a minute, you lose any sort of set bonus. With the burnished, as long as you remain close enough to the tank to receive healing, you always have a power bonus. It all depends on how and what you play.

Good point--you can get the bonus from casting encounters and dailys, so the heal may be uneccessaey.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I'm sticking with alabaster until I get the cta set next cta :)