test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hindering Strike

christ#4282 christ Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Hindering Strike (from Hindering Shot melee stance) sometimes deal no damage. I though it was my Internet connection, but my connection is perfectly fine. It happens only on this skill and it happens really often. Maybe It's a bug, or is there a way to deal a surly damage ? Does Someone have same problem as me ?
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    vadasz21#2727 vadasz21 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Does this only happen when you start combat with a hindering strike? Since mod 17 some mobs that are engaged with other mobs don't register your first attack. It wants to make sure a real player is actually attacking them. So if you run in and hit hindering strike first than it shows 0s. I now use clear the ground first to get them engaged with me and then I can use my encounters.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Does this only happen when you start combat with a hindering strike? Since mod 17 some mobs that are engaged with other mobs don't register your first attack. It wants to make sure a real player is actually attacking them. So if you run in and hit hindering strike first than it shows 0s. I now use clear the ground first to get them engaged with me and then I can use my encounters.

it does nothing, not even shows '0' and the cd are there
  • Options
    rangerreekrangerreek Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    I also experience this "missed" attack. I usually start combat with a marauder's or boar rush followed by at-will attack usually I wait until the mobs have engaged with me prior to enacting Hindering Strike. I then miss every target with no 0's showing at all, but the cool down timer starts. Thought I was the only one that was experiencing this.
    Fight with honor, die with glory!
  • Options
    yea... the worse case is, Hindering Strike has it cool down and Flurry does not proc :<
  • Options
    orangebangorangebang Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    Can confirm this. It sucks because you can't do a surprise attack hit sometimes.
  • Options
    ogeafaogeafa Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    (STRAIGHT UP RANT) It's not a bug!
    Actually, it blows completely. It means that some build types and even companions are more or less left out in the cold. Ranged HRs/Mages that do not build for melee combat can sit at range and do zero dmg for hours. There has to be a better way to do this. It's not a bug!
    I've spent my time and money building the uncommon ranged archer only to have it thrown back in my face with these WE/FE entry quest areas. I'm not the only one though, mages also like to use thier ranged attacks to start off combat. A wasted fireball doesn't go unnoticed. So many floating zeros. Oh, we all love floating zeros. It's not a bug!
    Can we adjust to this change? Sure we can but we shouldn't have to. It's just a couple of areas that are effected by this issue. Still, it is NOT OUR FAULT. It's not a bug.
    It's not a bug. I get that. However, it is a really (insert profane word here) way to deal with a programing (copy/paste) problem they created themselves when they developed the areas.
    What I take from this so far is; the easiest way to deal with a programing problem is to (insert profanity here) the least common player types.
    It's not a bug. It's (insert profane word here) programming.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    Well, why is it not a bug?

When the enemy is standing alone and is not fighting with anything, you shoot arrow to it and it gets 0.
    One says he did not get aggro, ok. The first 0 may be explainable but my 2nd, 3rd, .... also get 0.
    When the enemy is not fighting with anything and it registers a hit, why does it not get aggro from me?
    Where does its attention go to? He is just standing there.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    navras#4653 navras Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    it is a bug. hindering strike even sometimes does not work when you are actively in combat. And the bug was happening in mod 16 too.
  • Options
    I still have this missed attack :<
  • Options
    indritindrit Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    This is a freaking bug, i have reported this since start of mod 16,it's extremely annoying, there is also the fact that Ranger's buffs also buff enemies in pvp ever since mod 15. Flurry doesn't work with Clear the Ground. Swiftness of the Fox(feat) also doesn't work in dungeon. I swear this developers are the most incompetent and lazy bunch ever. No wonder half of my friend list has quit.
This discussion has been closed.